Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    But this is unfortunate side effect of unbalance of classic. Classic is the same game, but we are different. Gamers as a whole are now asking for balance, would that be balance of weapon damage, balance of certain abilities, balance of factions and so on through out the gaming industry. I believe the problem comes in when gamers who wanted to experience that old vanilla game are coming back, they are smacked in the face by current gamers. People who played on PS are used to it, people who are playing retail are used to it, people who are playing online games in general are all used to it. Just people who expected that wild game of 2004 are affected by it.
    You can't ask advanced driver to be driving like a pleb just for the sake of that. If he knows how to get the most out of his motor, it would be dumb not to do so. "It's only a game which you play for fun" argument comes to my mind. Being ahead of the curve is fun for a lot and that can be seen.
    Ummm.. no. Gamers as a whole are not asking for "balance". I fact, Classic exists because a specific group of gamers, as a whole, wanted vanilla WoW to be a thing again. Broken, unbalanced, messy, as it is. And FUN!

And that is what we got. If being "ahead of the curve" is your brand of fun... then BfA is your game.. not Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    Everywhere you look its people asking for mage aoe or cleave comp or ridiculous level requirements, like 46+ for things like ZF.

The result of years worth creating a playerbase with a "400ilvl minimum for a mythic +1 zerg derp" mentality.

And yes, i know i can make my own groups. Who cares. Its about retail mentality seeping into classic, which sucks balls.

Thoughts?
    You are extremely right man. 100% true.
    - The game is huge and has a lot to offer, these guys skip everything by spamming dungeons to get to 60
    - Lots of way to run a dungeon (2hunter with their pet tanking 1 mob each, a lock that seduce, a druid tank/heal, or 2 shaman tank or whatever), but they will ask for best classes only
    - They rush to 60, they studied the raids months ago, they run it within the first week and then complain to blizzard that the game is not challenging while 99.999% of the players are level 20 and having lots of fun in the barren or fighting a worldwar in stranglethorn. On MMOC every retail fan will think they were right about classic because the 0.0001% downed a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Ummm.. no. Gamers as a whole are not asking for "balance". I fact, Classic exists because a specific group of gamers, as a whole, wanted vanilla WoW to be a thing again. Broken, unbalanced, messy, as it is. And FUN!

And that is what we got. If being "ahead of the curve" is your brand of fun... then BfA is your game.. not Classic.
    Again, we come to "having fun in our own way". Fact is that yes, people were asking for classic to come back, but some of them were already in this roller coaster of being efficient, some of them were up for unbalanced mess for the sake of old days, some of them just wanted to try it out. First and the second have adapted their skills and knowledge, second only want to play their old mains or just do some questing. Ofc there are overlaps, but how can you blame "m+ mentality" when the game allows and rewards such playstyle? Rewards being time saved, items and exp. gained. You don't have to be an asshole, you don't have to steal, you are out of everyones way. Being ahead of the curve is fun in literally every game ever. Being decked out in Naxx gear is what ppl call fun, which is literally being ahead of most of the people.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Again, we come to "having fun in our own way".
    Nah... I'm having fun in MY way. I personally don't care what others do or did. I suspect those players are the ones who will get bored soon and leave game becaue it's not keeping their pace.

I've personally seen both types of groups throughout my dungeon excursions so far. Some are looking for the mass pulls followed up by AoE nuking and other tanks have made it clear it will be one pack at a time. I'm good with either! Which ever gets me through it with a low wipe count is good with me. The group will find out very quickly whether or not the damage mitigation, threat mitigation, damage / healing output are where it needs to be for mass pull and AoE route.

I took it pretty slow tanking through to 60, most dungeons i'd just pull as little as possible and wait for ppl to get mana. at 60 though ubrs for example with a raid full of ppl in bis you can rofl stomp that instance with aoe and fast pulls. most packs of trash can be killed continuously with one healer drinking while the other heals. other instances seem faster than they were but I think I just know by heart now which packs chain, which ones you can skip. in terms of tanking its only really dps warriors that are an issue for me as they do generate more threat with whirlwind on multiple targets than I can with tab attacking. so its likely if i'm grouped with a dps warrior if they are charging in with me and instantly using whirlwind they will pull aggro. most mages i've seen so far, at least the good ones either have slow talents or whatnot on their blizzard or they are just quick with nova and snap nova so the mobs aren't just running around everywhere.. it is shit to tank dungeons when everyone is an APM legend.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-09-24 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Last boss in Uldaman. He spawns adds and our dps is low, so I’m trying to generate mana by wanding during the boss only phase. We had previously wiped on an attempt where I went oom. Eventually Tank gets low, I hit him with a big heal. Unfortunately heal lands right when adds spawn, they come at me and wreck me.

I say oops well I gotta make sure not to have a heal land at that point. This is like my 2nd or 3rd ever pull on the boss and I can’t claim I’m taking it super seriously, so i don’t feel bad about the mistake.

Tank, who has been endlessly giving “pointers” to everyone else in the group, says, “You should be practicing smooth maintenance. I should never get that low.”

Of course, what he said is totally wrong if your goal is to conserve/regen mana. But this is like the 15th pointer he’s given the group, and the whole thing is so stupid. While you might think I should just explain what was really going on, it was clear there was no point. In this guys headcanon, good players never wipe and the tank is always at full health but the healer never takes aggro. If I explain what is going on, he would still find some other way to say that this never should have happened, therefore I am a bad player and he’s just trying to make me better.

Ugh.
    Slow down a bit.

He's a bad guy because he pointed out you should have kept him high enough for the add spawn?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Nope he’s saying I should never let him get low.

5 second rule plus spell scaling means the most mana efficient way for me to heal is to let him get low, regen mana for as long as I can, then boom heal him up to full, heal anyone else then go back to wanding if damage isn’t high so that 5 seconds later I’m regenning again. It’s the opposite of “smooth maintenance”. He just has no idea what he’s talking about but starting from the assumption that 1 wipe = baddie and making up nonsense shit about what good players do.
    Yeah, tank is a moron. You literally have to abuse oo5sr to even have mana on fights, even spamcasting low level heals wont do a damn thing