Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

If the next expansion gets rid of PvP talents and external AP system...

Then it's already off to a good start.

Spell Reflection... an ability warriors could use whenever they want prior to legion is now all of a sudden gated behind PvP and can no longer use it on demand without turning on War Mode. Makes sense right? Of course not. Also, the AP system needs to go, it's horrible. It was alright it in Legion with the artifact weapons but blizz shitted the bed with the AP system in BfA. I'd rather they focus on trying to expand the class without having them rely on fancy items to help them be more effective in battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xZerocidex View Post

Spell Reflection... an ability warriors could use whenever they want prior to legion is now all of a sudden gated behind PvP and can no longer use it on demand without turning on War Mode. Makes sense right? Of course not. Also, the AP system needs to go, it's horrible. It was alright it in Legion with the artifact weapons but blizz shitted the bed with the AP system in BfA. I'd rather they focus on trying to expand the class without having them rely on fancy items to help them be more effective in battle.
    Why would or should they do either of these things?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

You should start a dream journal on your personal blog, I don't think this forum is the right place for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Why would or should they do either of these things?
    Reread the post again, hopefully you'll catch on this time. Don't think people enjoy having some of their old abilities cut off and gated behind PvP. If you can't understand that then idk what else to tell you.

QUOTE=Haidaes;51611452]You should start a dream journal on your personal blog, I don't think this forum is the right place for that.[/QUOTE]

That's not for you to decide, seems the mods don't have a problem. You should be the last one talking about what isn't allowed in the forums since you are trolling.

i think pvp talents should stay, but in a way of passives or changing abilities, not adding new one, those should be baseline or regular talents imo

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like it if blizzard would just return pvp gear to pvp vendors and go back to pvp gear scaling. It was a way better system than the current pvp talents.

As for AP grinding, i always hated it. At least in legion it made more sense with artifact weapons because those points went to actual cool abilities. But in the end it just became another chore that really sucked the life out of the game. One of the main factors keeping me away from bfa IS the ap grind. It seems so pointless from the begining that i dont want to bother.

Tldr i miss pvp vendors and hate pointless ap grinds.

I don't mind getting rid of the PvP talent system but not at the cost of the talents themselves - as in, I am fine if the talents don't come from PvP but please give us some other place to get them from. The PvP talents, being so unique and flavourful are what makes my leveling experience so enjoyable. Shamanism (Enh Shaman) is a very nice one! And there are some even more gimmicky. Very situational but very fun when you can properly use them. Without them you get a talent every 15 levels but they break that cycle - 15, 30, 40, 45, 60, 70, 75, 90, 100, 110 (and sometimes you unlock some PvP talents at a later level which adds more levels to be excited about.)

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You should start a dream journal on your personal blog, I don't think this forum is the right place for that.
    I see people saying things like this a lot on here recently and I don't get it. Isn't a discussion started by someone stating an opinion on something then other people responding to that opinion? OP stated they think they need to get rid of these two things, why not post what you think about the topic and contribute to the discussion instead of being snarky and adding nothing?

OT: I don't play warrior so don't know how big a difference that ability being gated behind PvP is to PvE, but I dislike the idea of anything being gated behind PvP that used to be for PvE. Sure, if they want, create new spells for PvP that didn't exist before that can be tuned just for PvP, but don't take abilities away that people already had.

As for AP, holy god yes that needs to go. It was fun in Legion, it was a new goal to achieve and had some boring and some interesting rewards as you unlocked new abilities on your artifact. BfA AP though sucks monkeys. Not only is it a grind we've already just done for a whole expansion, which was long enough, it was dulled down to "Reach this goal for rewards, ok now reach this new goal for the same rewards that you've just lost for no good reason." Even with the new abilities, it still feels dull and boring to me. I'd rather scrap the whole thing for the next expansion and focus on a different mechanic entirely.

there is always going to be a nearly infinite AP like system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post

As for AP, holy god yes that needs to go. It was fun in Legion, it was a new goal to achieve and had some boring and some interesting rewards as you unlocked new abilities on your artifact. BfA AP though sucks monkeys. Not only is it a grind we've already just done for a whole expansion, which was long enough, it was dulled down to "Reach this goal for rewards, ok now reach this new goal for the same rewards that you've just lost for no good reason." Even with the new abilities, it still feels dull and boring to me. I'd rather scrap the whole thing for the next expansion and focus on a different mechanic entirely.
    it was no more fun than it is now. im constantly amused by how many people were crying about things in Legion that they are now talking about like they were the best thing ever.

Curious what people want instead of AP which is a response to players wanting to have a long term progression goal.
    What is the alternative that will satisfy that need? Genuine question.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    it was no more fun than it is now. im constantly amused by how many people were crying about things in Legion that they are now talking about like they were the best thing ever.

I found it fun because it was new. It wasn't super exciting or ground breaking, but I enjoyed it. Doing it a second time round though is much less enjoyable, especially when the rewards are even worse than the first time. Frankly it wasn't even the talents that were anything special, it was more the artifact weapon itself. There was lore and story behind it and a lot of history for most of the weapons. The new neck item doesn't have any of that.

PVP talents are just stupid bloat for some specs.
    When you factor in the base active abilities, talent active abilities, pvp talent active abilities and essence active abilities, you just run out of fucking slots to put your shit.

Druids of all specs, ww monk, uh dk, etc are fucking unplayable if you want to keybind all active shit and you're not a pianist.

Meanwhile, rets and destros have huge holes in their actionbars.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Curious what people want instead of AP which is a response to players wanting to have a long term progression goal.
    What is the alternative that will satisfy that need? Genuine question.
    A real progression ladder like vanilla and tbc where you have to beat raid A to get to b, B to c, etc

Instead of 4 different difficulties per single raid, I’d rather have multiple raids at once of varying difficulty where we work our way up the ladder or not

Like vanilla or tbc

AP is something that feels more in line with diablo 3 than wow and combined with personal loot, m+, lfr/lfg and rng loot... is it any wonder why a lot of players like myself don’t play because it’s too diablo 3 and not enough eq?

Fun is subjective. I enjoyed the Legion AP grind because you actually got noticeable improvements from it. I've ignored the necklace entirely in BfA and will continue to do so.

Also, it always boggles the mind how often people need to be reminded of this: the Internet consists of more than a single person that can't make up their mind.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    Fun is subjective. I enjoyed the Legion AP grind because you actually got noticeable improvements from it. I've ignored the necklace entirely in BfA and will continue to do so.

Also, it always boggles the mind how often people need to be reminded of this: the Internet consists of more than a single person that can't make up their mind.
    The weapon had a real talent tree, gave you a powerful ability and you could hunt down cosmetic versions of it

That alone makes it better than the half ass necklace

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    I see people saying things like this a lot on here recently and I don't get it. Isn't a discussion started by someone stating an opinion on something then other people responding to that opinion?
    It is. But remember - it's very important finding a way to feel superior to the others. Never forget.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    As much as I enjoy that classic talent tree.. getting rid of pvp talents seem a bit much

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    It's bizarre how just getting welfare legendaries on the last patch has made everyone completely forget all the issues the expac had for at least half it's lifetime, if not all of it. And even defend them.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    you could hunt down cosmetic versions of it
    This is the key part and why I think Legion was so well-received. I don't understand why Blizzard is so many light years behind their competitors when it comes to customization and skins when they have ample proof of how well it works as a reward system.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    It's bizarre how just getting welfare legendaries on the last patch has made everyone completely forget all the issues the expac had for at least half it's lifetime, if not all of it. And even defend them.
    The legendary RNG only mattered to people who obsessed over BiS. For those of us just playing the game for fun receiving a random new, gameplay changing piece of gear just going about your everyday business was a pretty great concept.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Seems like you need to play some classic wow