Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Tempest Keep piñata after turned traitor and crazy for no good reason, then The Legion's new bitch and Gul'dan role? It probably would have been better if he had died his final death in TK, but they had to drag him through the mud.
    I never said it was a good role. But it was a central one.

It seemed confusing for a moment why they'd add her over a more relevant lore character like Azshara; then I realized Vashj is probably the most iconic "sea witch" hero from the RTS, so it absolutely makes sense

They don't have to be based on their WoW appearances. Both Kael'thas and Vashj had important roles in TFT.

Couldn't be happier!

Thoughts on what she'll be? Ranged Assassin? Support?

I dunno. Seems from a lore point you guys may be right but from gameplay pov it was tons of fun. Getting her down was some of the most fun we had back then and the kael fight tho easy was still a blast. Granted, so few guilds doing it did make taking people back for vials a chore in the long run but it was still crazy fun at the time. I agree mostly but my memories of fun there make me want to play her. I liked BC. Still do. Game for me was always about people we played with and fun times exactly like those. So yusss would love her added and ranged seems fitting. Would summon too I'd think. And frost stuff. Not sure how her BC version would be a support aside from her shield. You guys would know more about the other versions of her I imagine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Couldn't be happier!

Thoughts on what she'll be? Ranged Assassin? Support?
    Rather ranged assasin, if we based her on TFT.

7+ Year Old Account
    she better have some good looking human midriff skin models... i do like those.
    Last edited by Dartz1979; 2019-09-20 at 04:25 AM. Reason: i fixed it.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by bulutooth23 View Post
    Is this game still supported by bliizz? I thought they left it to rot?
    They cut the team heavily, there's only 7 or 8 developers now working on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    They cut the team heavily, there's only 7 or 8 developers now working on it.
    Untrue. We do not have exact numbers, but it is significantly more than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elesh01 View Post
    As many have said, Lady Vashj (who I wish would've been in the game when it was alive and not a stagnating, dead end, developer-less cashcow on its last legs) had been datamined as far back as 2017 along with many other heroes who never came to be. It's not strange for them to add lines about possible new heroes, takes less than a minute during recording, and saves some hassle in the long run.

That does not mean Vashj is coming, or that she's next or confirmed in any way, title is quite misleading and inappropriate.
    2015 to be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Untrue. We do not have exact numbers, but it is significantly more than that.
    They posted a picture a few months ago of what's left of the development team in the QA. There weren't more than 10 people in the picture.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    she better have some good looking human midriff skin models... i do like those.
    that thicc cutie responsible for making the good shit like alexstraza is gone now.

i fear that the ladies of hots will suffer for this.

They posted a picture a few months ago of what's left of the development team in the QA. There weren't more than 10 people in the picture.
    Those were the devs participating in the AMA, not the entire team. If the team was indeed that small, we wouldn't even been getting skins anymore, let alone new heroes.

I would love that but I don't think this really confirms anything, especially since voice lines for characters like Emperor Mengsk have been in the game since the beginning.

I was actually shocked that Qhira came out around 8.2 and not Vashj or Azshara.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Those were the devs participating in the AMA, not the entire team. If the team was indeed that small, we wouldn't even been getting skins anymore, let alone new heroes.
    You realize how little effort a skin takes to make and model right? One person can have a single skin rigged in a week.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

There are lines for other characters that don't exist, like different versions of the Diablo heroes (male barbarian sticks out in my mind). It's entirely possible that Vashj is next, but since they're not adding as many characters anymore, it's also quite possible that they could spread their next hero releases between the other franchises - especially after people shit bricks about Qhira and Anduin.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vashj might be next due to one factor.

Warcraft 3 Reforged isin't released yet, so she might end as bonus for all, who buy it. Like Artanis was back with Legacy Of The Void.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Truth be told, TBC ruined pretty much all characters it touched. Kael got shafted even worse, specially considering he was even more important than Vashj in Warcraft 3.

I might try HoTs again in a couple of weeks, I usually play for a month every year but the toxicity of the comunity coupled with the way they handle punishments if you dare to speak anything annoys me greatly.

Anyways, I am upset they are creating new chars instead of using famous blizzard ones. Whats the point of making ophelia and this other girl if they got hundreds of famous chars to pick?
    I thought the same thing but every game needs some original IP. Qira and Orphea and two of the more entertaining characters to play.

To me I wish for another WoW map, I like the AV one bit don’t love it.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

You realize how little effort a skin takes to make and model right? One person can have a single skin rigged in a week.
    I'm gonna need something to back up that claim since the people who get paid to make skins, by a pretty prestigious company, said that making them can take up to 6 months. IIRC it's even longer for heroes like Ragnaros, which have a lot of moving effects on their model.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    I'm gonna need something to back up that claim since the people who get paid to make skins, by a pretty prestigious company, said that making them can take up to 6 months. IIRC it's even longer for heroes like Ragnaros, which have a lot of moving effects on their model.
    I mean, look at how fast people make fan skins for heroes. They're released and 'fanskins' have fully rounded art done in less than a day. Sure some heroes have more intricate models, but no skin will take 6 months to make lol, if you actually believe that, you're a tool. It might take 6 months because of bureaucracy and having to get approval from higher ups, but it doesn't take that long to make a fully functioning skin.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.