Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I mean, look at how fast people make fan skins for heroes. They're released and 'fanskins' have fully rounded art done in less than a day. Sure some heroes have more intricate models, but no skin will take 6 months to make lol, if you actually believe that, you're a tool. It might take 6 months because of bureaucracy and having to get approval from higher ups, but it doesn't take that long to make a fully functioning skin.
    It take literally 4 years for Leoric Janitor happend. Doubt anything skin related from fan ideas will ever happend again.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    It take literally 4 years for Leoric Janitor happend. Doubt anything skin related from fan ideas will ever happend again.
    You're not understanding my statement. It is not how long it takes for Blizzard to take a fan idea, it's that a fan idea happens instantly under 24 hours after announcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes sense - Blizzcon hero is lady vashj, tie in to WC3.

here's hoping she has similar spells as the dota counterpart

I mean, look at how fast people make fan skins for heroes. They're released and 'fanskins' have fully rounded art done in less than a day.
    So a day to make the concept, 6 days to make a 3D model with possibly unique animations, spell effects,...?

Sure some heroes have more intricate models, but no skin will take 6 months to make lol
    Why would a dev lie about something like this? If a skin can actually be made within a week, they'd look grossly incompetent by saying they take 6 months. If you would have said 3-4 months, I'd maybe buy it, but 1 week? Come on, man.

It might take 6 months because of bureaucracy and having to get approval from higher ups, but it doesn't take that long to make a fully functioning skin.
    What bureaucracy? You said it's a team of <10 people, it shouldn't take too long for the person in charge of the game to approve ideas made by <9 other people.

if you actually believe that, you're a tool.
    Right.

On a more serious note, even if it was "bureaucracy", you're gonna tell me the concept is done within a day and it just lies on a dude's desk for 5+ months after that?

Unless you actually work in the field and can give me your deviantart or know someone who works in the field and can do something similar, I'll take the word of the artist who works in a triple A gaming company over that of a random on a gaming forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    I thought the same thing but every game needs some original IP. Qira and Orphea and two of the more entertaining characters to play.

To me I wish for another WoW map, I like the AV one bit don’t love it.
    More WoW maps would really rock.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

I mean, look at how fast people make fan skins for heroes. They're released and 'fanskins' have fully rounded art done in less than a day. Sure some heroes have more intricate models, but no skin will take 6 months to make lol, if you actually believe that, you're a tool. It might take 6 months because of bureaucracy and having to get approval from higher ups, but it doesn't take that long to make a fully functioning skin.
    Curious what you mean by 6 months though.

Are you talking about man hours, or actual time it takes from concept-to-creation? The 6 months time value is likely concept-to-creation, not man hours. So say someone comes up with a super cool Demon Murky skin, that would take 6 months to implement from concept to final art and animation/FX.

To say that fans can make skins real fast is a bit of a misjudgement, because fans don't create fully animated high-res models with FX, multiple skin tints and have all the necessary animations such as death, multiple mount anims, dances and such. Making a static model and posing it with simple bones is easy, but going through the iteration process of getting a model that works for in-game is far more time consuming.

And TBH, there's no point in talking about making anything functional if we're going to ignore the iteration and approval process that they need to go through. Functional is meaningless if it's not final, we'll never see a skin or hero that's 'just functional'.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-09-23 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    More WoW maps would really rock.
    I totally want Orgrimmar to be a thing! or even better Undercity. But I believe they said at one point Alterac Valley will be a thing this year.

6 months is idea to creation.

What is a fully functional skin from fans when fans can't put skins into the game? 3D concept skin looking good doesn't mean functional. Curious what you mean though.

Lady Vashj is one of the few playable characters from WC3 alongside Cairne that have yet to be added. Still kinda sad how Blizzard treated her in TBC, wish she could've been involved with the Azshara storyline. I can see her kit from WC3 fit well into HotS, especially her Tornado which easily destroys buildings and lifts up units in WC3.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    6 months is idea to creation.

What is a fully functional skin from fans when fans can't put skins into the game? 3D concept skin looking good doesn't mean functional. Curious what you mean though.
    It certainly takes longer to rig a skin, I'm saying though it takes literally hours for a concept to be created. It doesn't take 6 months to make it idea to creation because it's hard to rig the skin, it takes that long because of needing approval and approval can take time(days/weeks) when you have to answer up a chain of command.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

It certainly takes longer to rig a skin, I'm saying though it takes literally hours for a concept to be created. It doesn't take 6 months to make it idea to creation because it's hard to rig the skin, it takes that long because of needing approval and approval can take time(days/weeks) when you have to answer up a chain of command.
    Concept isn't just making an idea. They have to talk with animators and modelers constantly to see if their ideas work. It's not always about "chain of command". Fans don't have to talk to other departments if their concept idea can work to be put into the game. They just create something they think look cool without a care in the world if it can be realised or not.

Then we have the fact that problems will occur in later stages which needs to be corrected, sometimes minor, sometimes something small that doesn't take long, sometimes it has to go back to redesign stage because changing it might throw the concept off etc etc.

Lady Vashj will be fine addition to my collection. If she will end up in Hots.

Kinda dissapointed though. After female Venom and female Black Panther I expected female Kylo Ren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    Lady Vashj will be fine addition to my collection. If she will end up in Hots.

Kinda dissapointed though. After female Venom and female Black Panther I expected female Kylo Ren.
    Where is my female Palpatine? KAPPA

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Lady Vashj is one of the few playable characters from WC3 alongside Cairne that have yet to be added. Still kinda sad how Blizzard treated her in TBC, wish she could've been involved with the Azshara storyline. I can see her kit from WC3 fit well into HotS, especially her Tornado which easily destroys buildings and lifts up units in WC3.
    Oh shoot I totally forgot about Cairne. But yeah Vash toolkit will be insanely good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope she is going to make it, she is one of the last few heroes I personally really really wanted. She was on #2 on my list for the longest time until Fenix got in and now shes at #1.

There's currently random screen shake in the game. They say it's a bug, but WoW did the same thing before Cataclysm. Bug or a hint?

5+ Year Old Account
    I want Cairne! And they better use the same voice actor. "A storm's coming"
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    There's currently random screen shake in the game. They say it's a bug, but WoW did the same thing before Cataclysm. Bug or a hint?
    Blizzard responded to it looking into it. I lean towards it being a bug just because we didn't get a snarky response as one might expect when finding a 'leak'.

Like even an ominous 'Hmmm... that is very peculiar...' would get everyone ramped up for something big.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Blizzard responded to it looking into it. I lean towards it being a bug just because we didn't get a snarky response as one might expect when finding a 'leak'.

Like even an ominous 'Hmmm... that is very peculiar...' would get everyone ramped up for something big.
    I know. It's probably nothing, but the timing really is curious.