Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    And it all means absolutely nothing. Different architectures cannot be compared even if they used the same manufacturing node.. And Intel certainly doesn't.
    No mather what you say, 1.450V is just to damn high for a OC on any CPU. The safe limit for Ryzen 3000 is 1.500, so thats 0.500V from the break point, just to get it to boost to it's advertised clock.

Try to Google Ryzen 3000 high temps and see how many people how are having trouble with temps because of high Vcore
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    No mather what you say, 1.450V is just to damn high for a OC on any CPU. The safe limit for Ryzen 3000 is 1.500, so thats 0.500V from the break point, just to get it to boost to it's advertised clock.

Try to Google Ryzen 3000 high temps and see how many people how are having trouble with temps because of high Vcore
    I just meant you cannot compare the two(I may have been a bit too cranky after 12 hours of work today). Yes it is too high during high current workloads, but your post about Intel voltage had no relevance what so ever.

What comes to advertised clock, yea AMD screwed when they announced the boost speeds for 3000 series especially for the 3900x. They just weren't ready with the launch or then decided to lower the bin of the chips, who knows. But that is beside the point really as I thought he meant 4.4 allcore? Which regardless of the voltage is kinda amazing.

Also googling that topic has no relevance either, because it will likely land you to high idle voltage and temps. Which is due to the monitoring software pinging the processor making the processor boost thinking there is an active load(this isn't the official word of AMD though afaik so it may not be true). The key is the amount of time that the voltage is high, it's just part of the boost algorithm and as soon as you have even a slightly bigger load that lasts longer it all drops back down to normal levels.

I still run this and Heat is not issue for me.
    4,4 Stable 1,45v

https://valid.x86.fr/qy5fgu

After several stress test my Max temperature is 75.
    Last edited by Danwo; 2019-10-18 at 11:24 PM.
    Danwo

Quote Originally Posted by Danwo View Post

After several stress test my Max temperature is 75.
    It's not the heat that will degrade it, it's the current level with voltage. So I guess as long as you arent hammering it all the time, you are somewhat safe from fast degradation. Should probably also note degradation happens over time. Over years usually, so as long as you are happy with the performance and you accept the processor will drop off in a few years, you are free to do that.

I understand you and ty for Feedback!

I went with 4,3250 1,4V

Temps went down to max 70.

This is 10 % OC increase. (Multicore)
    Single core is same. (Not possible to OC if you stay under 4.4)
    Last edited by Danwo; 2019-10-19 at 02:01 PM.
    Danwo

I've overclocked ryzen 3700x to 4.3 GHz. it should be possible.

Possible? Sure. Just not extremely likely. Ryzen just isn't a good OC'er statically speaking. I have worked on / helped build 4 current gen Ryzen rigs and I want to say 2 of them almost flat refused to OC at all. One was like a +50 and the best was a +100. But every chip has its own lotto numbers and if you want it try it. Just bump it up slow and stress it to insure stability once you reach mile stones. All you can do.

But the good news is you probably don't need it. Very little home use actually rips and modern CPU to shreds anymore.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2019-10-26 at 12:35 PM.

Agree, you don't need to oc. After a week of testing I go with default settings, but I got 3600 ram with 16 cl. That might boost your cpu.
    Last edited by Danwo; 2019-10-27 at 05:30 PM.
    Danwo

Hi....simply overclock to the desired settings, enable Cool N Quiet in the BIOS and then in the control panel/settings power plan options, for whichever plan you are using, go into the advanced settings and set the minimum processor power state to 8% and leave the maximum state at 100%. Also, make sure that the low power C-state settings in the BIOS are enabled or set to Auto.