Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's not like it'll matter as players continue to pick-up the highest ilvls for their pugs anyway. If you're playing with a guild you should be able to pick-up something that's pretty on par if not better than what the benthic roulette can get ya.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Got my first 2 items over worldquests/rares/algane for the boots with socket i needed around 120-140 pearls.
    I just raid HC but its a nice dmg boost i beat most of the time our bad DDs.

Yes, if you care for your character and try to get the best available for it, you would do it.
    It took me a few weeks and 2 alts feeding tokens to my main. Bracers were the worst.

Even without the socket it takes too fucking long to get that stuff... soo nope i didn't got a single piece.

Doesn't matter to me at all..if you're just doing hc raid you kind of don'T need it at all? atleast thats my feeling about it...no way im going to spend hours of hours farming the perls so that i can have a 425piece with which i will get kicked for "lol he is just wayring x ilvl" in pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Not no one, but if someone really dislikes the pearl farming, benthic lottery-gearing method, then they should avoid it.

Many players literally do that.
    Ok so you just straight up didn't read the post gotcha.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    You must be very unlucky, I've rolled all within 10-20 tries.

That's retarded logic. Not raiding mythic has noting to do with satisfaction of getting the best gear you can.
    Sorry for the offtopic but do my eyes spy a fellow fan of Enma Ai?

Hunting the crit boots with a socket, never got them. Thought, screw it, I'l do my chest first (I had bad traits and tides is allot of dmg for a fury war) got to the point where I needed 350 pearls to upgrade it. I logged out and haven't logged back in since.

RNG sockets need to go.
    RNG Ilvl increases need to go.
    RNG stats need to go.

Until that happens, I genuinely can't see myself playing wow again. It's just soul destroying. I'm a casual player, and this shit irritates me. I don't understand how hardcore players cope with it, this stuff is pretty much mandatory for them. I'm more likely to log in even if I'm in BiS gear than when they introduce cancerous systems to make you feel like you HAVE to log in, that's when I just stop playing. There is no end, It's theoretically impossible to 100% get as powerful as the game allows prior to the next patch. What is the point in trying?
    Last edited by thunterman; 2019-09-19 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Sorry for the offtopic but do my eyes spy a fellow fan of Enma Ai?
    O pitiful shadow etc, etc.

I just spent the pearls on the mount...

I might go for the cape though.

For the perk.

For the other mount.

50-60 is still within reason. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you get unlucky.

I was going for 3 socketed benthics (fury warr). First took me about 6, second took me like 14, and the third piece took me about 95...

In case someone is not aware btw, you can farm the pearls on alts, buy the tokens there and send them to your main. On a good day you can get up to 3-4 tokens a day per character, on a bad probably 1-2.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2019-09-19 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    On a good day you can get up to 3-4 tokens a day per character, on a bad probably 1-2.
    I don't understand your math. You know tokens are only 5 pearls right? 2 tokens means you did your follower quests and 1 pearl reward WQ and nothing else. When I was still farming pearls, a bad day for me was 25-30 pearls, which is 5-6 tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    I don't understand your math. You know tokens are only 5 pearls right? 2 tokens means you did your follower quests and 1 pearl reward WQ and nothing else. When I was still farming pearls, a bad day for me was 25-30 pearls, which is 5-6 tokens.
    I'm not sure what you did to get 30 pearls per day, maybe that included killing the commanders during the event or doing battle for nazjatar on all those alts, or maybe it included the intial pearl count you get from starting Nazjatar, or maybe it included Mardivas weekly bonus (just once a week)

I've had a couple extremely unlucky day with bad WQs and dailies, when I only managed to get about 7-9 pearls. Probably somewhere around 12-15 would be a good estimate for an average. I tried to farm it on the side, without putting in too much effort, so I only did follower daily quests + WQs if there were any up with pearl rewards on that specific day.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I'm not sure what you did to get 30 pearls per day, maybe that included killing the commanders during the event or doing battle for nazjatar on all those alts, or maybe it included the intial pearl count you get from starting Nazjatar, or maybe it included Mardivas weekly bonus (just once a week)

I've had a couple extremely unlucky day with bad WQs and dailies, when I only managed to get about 7-9 pearls. Probably somewhere around 12-15 would be a good estimate for an average. I tried to farm it on the side, without putting in too much effort, so I only did follower daily quests + WQs if there were any up with pearl rewards on that specific day.
    Yeah, I'm not spending a lot of time ... sounds like you aren't spending more than 15 minutes. WM on helps, but doesn't make a huge difference.

Btw, you can't even get 7 pearls in a day if you do follower quests. You get 6 from the guaranteed follower quests and everything else gives at least 2. With the other dailies and WQ's I can't imagine a day with fewer than 10. Between WQ's / table missions / emissaries / lab monsters / commanders / random rares / PvP events over the long term at no more than 45 minutes a day (and usually quite a bit less) I would guess I average at least 30 pearls a day. I know I got over 300 pearls in one seven day period to finish up my last three benthic pieces to 425 and I never went hunting rares or anything obsessive like that. (So over 42 a day for those 7 days, and that did include an emissary for 25.)

10+ Year Old Account
    im still hunting for the poem socket gloves, gave up on the couting after the 50 glove token.

Yeah, I don' tknow what your are doing, I cleaning my bags last night : 20 bracers, 20 scrapped.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    O pitiful shadow etc, etc.
    Ippen shinde miru?

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    Hunting the crit boots with a socket, never got them. Thought, screw it, I'l do my chest first (I had bad traits and tides is allot of dmg for a fury war) got to the point where I needed 350 pearls to upgrade it. I logged out and haven't logged back in since.

RNG sockets need to go.
    RNG Ilvl increases need to go.
    RNG stats need to go.

Until that happens, I genuinely can't see myself playing wow again. It's just soul destroying. I'm a casual player, and this shit irritates me. I don't understand how hardcore players cope with it, this stuff is pretty much mandatory for them. I'm more likely to log in even if I'm in BiS gear than when they introduce cancerous systems to make you feel like you HAVE to log in, that's when I just stop playing. There is no end, It's theoretically impossible to 100% get as powerful as the game allows prior to the next patch. What is the point in trying?
    because getting to 100% power level usually leads to not playing anymore.

There is something I MUST do wrong, since I turned the equivalent of 20 bracers this week-end and NADA.

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    I'm so glad my guild quit raiding 1-2 months before 8.2 so I skipped the shitshow that this benthic bis pearlgrind of a patch is.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    because getting to 100% power level usually leads to not playing anymore.
    Reaching to 100% power level leads to brief satisfaction and maybe a break until the max power level is raised, when you're reinvigorated by the break and have the motivation to grind again.

Never being able to reach 100% power level leads to frustration, disappointment, rage quitting and often not coming back to the game, at all.

When patch cycles were "progression - farm (lull)" back and forth, people kept coming back. Since Legion when they undermined the concept of farm / lull / done until next patch, I see more and more people quit and never come back.

More people are interested in Classic where "BIS" is hard to obtain, but well defined what it is, than retail where the gear "power levels" are muddled to the max.

Worst part about Benthic is they were made for casuals, but casuals ignore them and only hardcores farm it. A friend of mine went to help his friend who is in a guild progressing heroic (they're yet to get curve). Nobody wore benthic.

It's like the old joke: what's the difference between matches and tits? Tits are for babies but adults play with it, matches are for adults, but kids play with it.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2019-09-24 at 03:53 PM.