Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Well if my experience in Space Engineers means anything, as long as you keep a projection overlayed over your creation the explosions can be easily repaired, especially if you're using nanobots.

Quote Originally Posted by Avskildhet View Post

This is a cng fueled bus.
    A touch misleading, here. The bus didn't just simply explode, it crashed pretty dramatically.

The bus plowed into a barrier indicating the maximum height for vehicles traveling into the tunnel.

“The bus drove into a beam hanging down from the tunnel entrance, and then the gas tank on the roof exploded,” Asa Skold, an operator with the emergency services, told the newspaper.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    And unfortunately for every smart responsible person, there's at least one idiot that defies all logic.
    To prevent stupidity regulation needs to be in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    I've been arguing for more restriction and regulation. I call it pro-gun regulation.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    A touch misleading, here. The bus didn't just simply explode, it crashed pretty dramatically.
    That doesn't make Hydrogen look better. Vehicles get into accidents and you can barely see the bus hitting anything during the explosion. That's how ignitable Hydrogen is. Also, who puts a Hydrogen tank on top of the bus? What engineer thought that was a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    That doesn't make Hydrogen look better. Vehicles get into accidents and you can barely see the bus hitting anything during the explosion. That's how ignitable Hydrogen is. Also, who puts a Hydrogen tank on top of the bus? What engineer thought that was a good idea?
    I'm not sure you're understanding it properly. The bus ran into a bar across the road that sheared the entire top few inches of the bus off, which is unfortunately where the gas tank was located. This was a freak worst-case-possible accident for that bus; "normal" accidents would not have impacted the top of the bus at all.

And I'm sure the engineers put the gas tank on the top of the bus for the very intelligent reasons of 1) most accidents will impact the underside of the bus rather than its top, and 2) in the extreme event of an explosion, it would be catastrophically worse to have it happen under the bus so as to direct all of the force back up into the interior of the bus rather than allowing much of the force to expand upward into the open air.

But hey, I'm not arguing for CNG fuel here, so don't take this to be an endorsement. I just thought the implication of a bus just exploding for no reason should be corrected.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    And unfortunately for every smart responsible person, there's at least one idiot that defies all logic.
    To prevent stupidity regulation needs to be in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    I've been arguing for more restriction and regulation. I call it pro-gun regulation.