Thread: Faction Balance

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    No
    yes, when there were 1hr+ av queues, this is when tarren mill and ss fights happened on my server. as there were a lot of ppl grouped there waiting for the bgs to fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigald View Post
    How are you measuring this guys? Addon and checking by yourself or using a website I am not aware of? Thank you, very interested in my server's stats
    http://wowpop.appspot.com/
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Just level in a dungeon. That's how the pros did it.
    They also did it when you could have 10 in a group and it gave the XP as if it was only 5

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Without flying, one can't always be bothered to drop what they're doing and go help, due to prolonged travel times.
    Makes sense, the faster I can get to something the more likely I am to do it. The longer it takes the more my resolve would fade and also considering how long it would take to get back to doing what you were doing before.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    wowpop.appspot
    Thank you sir! It's looking decent on my side

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Snooze fest on a PvE server? No thanks.
    what snooze fest? how being able to play the game normally is a snooze fest?

Quote Originally Posted by Diemaco View Post
    It's abysmal. Atleast on my server. Everywhere I go the Horde will outnumber the Alliance (my side) by 5 - 7 : 1. If they decide they wanna gank me, there's literally nothing I can do. Makes levelling my paladin feel kind of pointless. I'm never going to be able to do anything against such an overwhelming numeric disadvantage.

They should have put a limit on how far this faction imbalance can go. Like close character creation for one side if that side has more than 60% of the players on the realm already. This is just becoming unplayable. It can't be much fun for the Horde either, because there's absolutely no challenge for them.
    This is why I play on a PVE server. Even without a massive imbalance, my Vanilla PVP server had certain spots where it became very difficult to level. When I leveled my Priest (my second level 60), I even went so far as to level through Desolace and Ferelas simply to avoid the hell that was STV. And our balance was more in the 1.2-1.5:1 range. I can't imagine how bad it is on a server in the 5:1 range.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's abysmal. Atleast on my server. Everywhere I go the Horde will outnumber the Alliance (my side) by 5 - 7 : 1. If they decide they wanna gank me, there's literally nothing I can do. Makes levelling my paladin feel kind of pointless. I'm never going to be able to do anything against such an overwhelming numeric disadvantage.

They should have put a limit on how far this faction imbalance can go. Like close character creation for one side if that side has more than 60% of the players on the realm already. This is just becoming unplayable. It can't be much fun for the Horde either, because there's absolutely no challenge for them.
    Alternatively you could just play on a PvE server.

And there's no way for Blizz to 'limit how far this faction imbalance can go' without forcing players to switch factions or servers, neither of which would be appreciated. So no, they really shouldn't. If you can't handle the PvP for whatever reason, you shouldn't be on a PvP server.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by wysimdnwyg View Post
    This is why I play on a PVE server. Even without a massive imbalance, my Vanilla PVP server had certain spots where it became very difficult to level. When I leveled my Priest (my second level 60), I even went so far as to level through Desolace and Ferelas simply to avoid the hell that was STV. And our balance was more in the 1.2-1.5:1 range. I can't imagine how bad it is on a server in the 5:1 range.
    That "hell that was STV" are some of my best souvenir on a PvP server with my first character so I dunno. Not saying it's great to get permagank when there isn't much you can do but views can vary so much here

Leveling is a limited-time-thing, i could live with that if faction-imalance only impacted that part. But just think how incredibly fun it will be at 60, getting a group for Stratholme together (which will take ages, since you are playing on the outnumbered and therefore tiny faction of a server) only to then not be able to even reach or enter the Dungeon Portal without dying 5 times and the group eventually disbanding because taking 15 minutes of spirit walking to a dungeon portal is not fun.

And no, that is NOT PvP. It's PvG - Player versus Graveyard.

10+ Year Old Account

Eat the gank like a man! At least it's what I do.
    When BGs are released you will have instant procs. Then you may get into those "WTF 1HOUR FOR 1 BG PROC" threads and troll the Horde.

On my server continous ganking only takes place at peak times (~2pm after school & ~7pm after work) for ~2h.
    I try to avoid zones like STV on peaktimes, additionally I always from groups for killquests. Additonally I try to avoid questing in specific zones too early. When I first set foot into STV I was lvl36. I also try to keep my gear up to date with quite a few dungeon runs. That's how I survive.

for EU eng PVP play Firemaw

for US PvP unironically Faerlina has a good balance, cause theres big streamer guilds on both sides

but yes overall, on all PvP thers mostly Horde dominance

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    on judgement EU its the other way around. we are SO outnumbered on horde its insane. something likt 10-1 alliance per horde, Census has run a few times and confirms this.
    What are you talking about? https://wowpop.appspot.com/realms/judgement shows pretty decent balance, and I have not seen a crazy amount of alliance compared to horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    just play on pve server like normal people do
    So people playing in Pvp servers are not normal? I think ppl playing in Pve servers are sissies. Playing in Pve servers not different than playing The Sims game, thats the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Zau View Post
    So people playing in Pvp servers are not normal? I
    i was obviously joking, but if you have problem with ganking just roll a pve server

Quote Originally Posted by Zau View Post
    think ppl playing in Pve servers are sissies. Playing in Pve servers not different than playing The Sims game, thats the fact.
    cool story bro

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    What are you talking about? https://wowpop.appspot.com/realms/judgement shows pretty decent balance, and I have not seen a crazy amount of alliance compared to horde.
    try going into 60 zones. we are constantly outnumbered, like big time. look at lvl 60 distribution. - in fact I know for a fact that alliance has had MC raids (not how successful) we are far from being there on horde side

Quote Originally Posted by Rigald View Post
    That "hell that was STV" are some of my best souvenir on a PvP server with my first character so I dunno. Not saying it's great to get permagank when there isn't much you can do but views can vary so much here
    Yeah, I was a bit slow compared to many people on my server (Azgalor) in leveling in Vanilla, so by the time I got to STV on my Hunter, there were many level 40+ Horde running around ganking any Ally in sight. It was a dangerous time, for sure. Didn't help any that I was not good at PVP (still am) and didn't enjoy it (still don't). The only way I survived it was because I had Shadowmeld and could effectively hide whenever I needed to. It didn't always work, but it did well enough I was able to keep my sanity until I finished and could go somewhere a bit less crowded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every PvP realm except like one is horde dominated. Heartseeker is alliance heavy by a very small amount. And im being told now by a buddy Blizz did something in a patch late last night to kill the census addon so I doubt we get results much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Every PvP realm except like one is horde dominated. Heartseeker is alliance heavy by a very small amount. And im being told now by a buddy Blizz did something in a patch late last night to kill the census addon so I doubt we get results much longer.
    Heartseeker is looking like server to go to if you wanna xfer off a horde heavy server. Wouldnt be surprised to see a large influx to there from the 10 servers that can xfer there this weekend

Wouldn't really matter as every class can kill you with ease anyway. Paladins are a gimp class while leveling.