Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    hmm..blizzard is too lazy for WoW to have a future imo.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Well... OP... this didn't age so well...
    *shrug*

Virtually everyone has been wrong so far, from Bellular to Taliesin and that obnoxious Pyromancer guy. Everyone got taken aback with how quickly Blizzard moved into the Old Gods stuff. And even then, it's still the "Visions" of N'Zoth, so we're not even sure what's real or not right now.

I believe the overall direction of the story which I've predicted is still probably right though, even if chronologically it isn't. Anduin probably is being manipulated by the Shadow, Sylvanas probably is representing Death, and we probably are heading for a revamp of Azeroth.

I made a new post the other day which didn't gain any traction, but the gist of what I'm thinking right now is that Battle for Azeroth is really a cosmic battle between the six fundamental forces in the universe, and that the Shadow (void) might have overtaken the Shadowlands in its effort to spread the void everywhere. Six mouths that hunger, one will consume the others, etc. That's what Sylvanas saw when she killed herself on Icecrown, and it's what she's trying to stop by siding with Azshara. There has to be balance in the cosmos.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    In 8.2.5, the deaths of the King and the Warchief, and the emergence of the Old Gods, will cause disarray within the two factions. The fact is that N'Zoth has been manipulating Anduin, while the yet unknown God of Death has been pitting Sylvanas against him. With the two of them gone, the remaining leaders lose their will to fight. A truce emerges, but the two factions still remain separate entities. There's an increased emphasis on the separate races and their kingdoms instead, as several of them retreat to tend to their own homes and prepare for the coming war against the Old Gods. Players are now able to pick their factions regardless of race by completing a set of quests with the current one.
    Patch 8.3 doesn't exist. If it did, it would be released in January or February at the earliest, which simply isn't enough time to do it justice. The next expansion would be around the corner anyway, and this expansion has already had its major patch with new zones and a raid (8.2). A couple of months into Patch 8.2.5, however, players will have gained access to faction swapping anyhow. This will increase the longevity of the patch manifold as we are kept busy levelling up new alts and experiencing the other faction

Rest in peace this wow future

- - - Updated - - -

I believe the overall direction of the story which I've predicted is still probably right though, even if chronologically it isn't.
    no its not, its almost everything wrong, included the bs of odyn setting yog-saron free, except for the obvious things anyone knew like the truce

I'm thinking the next expac is more of a filler/setup. Something that introduces the cosmic side of wow (like the stuff Il'gynoth is referencing) as we begin to travel to other planets to fight the Void Lords (like Karesh). Shit like finally fully introducing Elune, wrapping up Sylvanas and who she works for (and what Bwomsamdi is referencing), and perhaps going to the Dragon Isles.

In a lot of ways, much of the bigger story of wow is outside of the game. Many aspects need to be recontextualized for those who still don't know.

*shrug*

Virtually everyone has been wrong so far, from Bellular to Taliesin and that obnoxious Pyromancer guy. Everyone got taken aback with how quickly Blizzard moved into the Old Gods stuff. And even then, it's still the "Visions" of N'Zoth, so we're not even sure what's real or not right now.
    This is why all you guys are idiots AND nzoth was obviously the final boss of 8.3 raid as early as warbringers azshara. This expansion is playing out the exact same as all the others except wod.

Shadowlands is the new Emerald Dream.

Trying to predict the next expansion is utterly fruitless. People predicted Azshara how many times after Cataclysm and it was ALWAYS something else. Even now she still hasn't gotten an expansion, not really.

The only prediction that matters is this. Will Retail gradually morph back and regress to be similar to Classic, given the latter's success? Essentially, will retail become Classic + with the mechanics and gameplay as well as the quality of life?

I love how people started using "predict" instead of "think" to bolster the value of their opinion.

The only points "you" were the 1st 2 ones (and the Blizzcon one, but that one is so obvious you really can't miss it). After those 2 you just start spiraling into some weird kind of rabbit-hole. Are you perhaps having a "vision of N'Zoth"? :P

I predict love will play a central role in 9.0

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Shadowlands is the new Emerald Dream.

Trying to predict the next expansion is utterly fruitless. People predicted Azshara how many times after Cataclysm and it was ALWAYS something else. Even now she still hasn't gotten an expansion, not really.

The only prediction that matters is this. Will Retail gradually morph back and regress to be similar to Classic, given the latter's success? Essentially, will retail become Classic + with the mechanics and gameplay as well as the quality of life?
    the game is out a month and it already have decline in numbers and people whining about lack of content (hence the DM coming sooner), how about we wait awhile until crowning it as success?
    as fro the changes to retail, now that classic is out there is not much point in changing it to be like classic, bcs you can play classic

*shrug*

I believe the overall direction of the story which I've predicted is still probably right though, even if chronologically it isn't. Anduin probably is being manipulated by the Shadow, Sylvanas probably is representing Death, and we probably are heading for a revamp of Azeroth.

I made a new post the other day which didn't gain any traction, but the gist of what I'm thinking right now is that Battle for Azeroth is really a cosmic battle between the six fundamental forces in the universe, and that the Shadow (void) might have overtaken the Shadowlands in its effort to spread the void everywhere. Six mouths that hunger, one will consume the others, etc. That's what Sylvanas saw when she killed herself on Icecrown, and it's what she's trying to stop by siding with Azshara. There has to be balance in the cosmos.
    Bless your heart, always an excuse why your 'prediction' doesn't pan out... Maybe, you want to stick to things that even Stevie Wonder can see clearly.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Virtually everyone has been wrong so far
    Bullshit, for most people 8.3 patch was obvious thing and N'zoth was always number #1 in last boss speculations.

[*]Patch 8.3 doesn't exist. If it did, it would be released in January or February at the earliest, which simply isn't enough time to do it justice.
    You were saying? You are whiffing badly.

- - - Updated - - -

*shrug*

Nah, youa re completely wrong. You are just embarrassing yourself further by continuing to insist you are right.

Herald of the Titans Darknessvamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    I predict love will play a central role in 9.0
    I mean with all the matchmaking stuff going on in 8.3, 9.0 could turn out to be WoW: Dating Sim. Major Questlines are:
    Deliver Shaw's "package".
    Be Anduin's wingman.
    Explore what else is "corrupting" Wrathion.
    Get Calia's heart pumping.
    Help Sylvanas friendzone Nathanos.
    Sort out Thrall and Aggra's marital problems.
    Get stuck in an Old God's *** of the *** ****** *****.
    There's this horrible realisation that BfA could all just be a fever dream caused by Argus cleaving us.
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Herald of the Titans FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    This is why all you guys are idiots AND nzoth was obviously the final boss of 8.3 raid as early as warbringers azshara. This expansion is playing out the exact same as all the others except wod.
    Lol, love the posts.

Well, to me, a great deal of the fun of reading all the "leaks" and predictions threads is to then notice how dead wrong most of them are. Its also entertaining to see what comes close too.

A game that so many people are constantly wondering about its next step is unlikely to die any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Bless your heart, always an excuse why your 'prediction' doesn't pan out... Maybe, you want to stick to things that even Stevie Wonder can see clearly.
    The patch isn't even out yet, and half of the stuff I discussed in the OP could easily occur later in 8.3 or even in 9.0, or in the interim.

For example, we still don't know the full connection between the Shadowlands and Ny'alotha, nor if N'Zoth is the only Old God coming, or if there are more. It's a fact that Odyn travelled to Ulduar, it's a fact that the titan-complexes are the only things standing in the Old Gods' way, and it's a fact that several of Il'gynoth's whispers have yet to come to pass.

That means Anduin's potential corruption is still in play, it means Sylvanas might still return to invade Stormwind, and it means someone is to "usher in their coming".

In other words, people criticising this thread are way premature, and I feel pretty confident that BlizzCon will prove some of this stuff right.

The patch isn't even out yet, and half of the stuff I discussed in the OP could easily occur later in 8.3 or even in 9.0, or in the interim.

For example, we still don't know the full connection between the Shadowlands and Ny'alotha, nor if N'Zoth is the only Old God coming, or if there are more. It's a fact that Odyn travelled to Ulduar, it's a fact that the titan-complexes are the only things standing in the Old Gods' way, and it's a fact that several of Il'gynoth's whispers have yet to come to pass.

That means Anduin's potential corruption is still in play, it means Sylvanas might still return to invade Stormwind, and it means someone is to "usher in their coming".

In other words, people criticising this thread are way premature, and I feel pretty confident that BlizzCon will prove some of this stuff right.
    Imagine still being confident after saying 8.3 doesnt exist when anybody who has played this game for a long time knew it would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Trying to predict the next expansion is utterly fruitless.
    Correct, and WoD was when we found why. Generally they have a bucket of expansion ideas, and whenever they choose one, they attach whatever is required to link the current story to the next one. Suddenly Garrosh is on a quest through time. At this moment, the Legion struck. At this moment, the Lich King's plan happened to play out. Some of them make more sense (they are things definitely looming in the background), others are out of nowhere.

Considering I was pretty much the one who started the 8.3 naysayer movement, I think my opinion weighs a bit more than most. I talked of a no-show for 8.3 on Reddit several months ago and it generated tons of traffic, then I did it again here on MMO-Champion. It's only in recent weeks that some known YouTubers have started tagging along, but most of them do it for the wrong reasons. .
    There is no patch 8.3. Not enough time between now and July/August for there to be an announcement, a PTR, a release, and meaningful gameplay to justify all that development. They'll add some more content to 8.2.5 perhaps (we were told that we would be finding Wrathion in this patch, weren't we?) that bridges BfA with the next expansion. At BlizzCon, they'll unveil what's next for 9.0. Hopefully they'll surprise us with an early summer release.
    Exactly. There is a reason Blizzard did this expansion's "Timeless Isle/Isle of Thunder", "Tanaan Jungle", and "Argus" in 8.2. That's where it would have the most effect, because A) 8.3 ain't coming and all those new zones had to go in 8.2, or B) 8.3 is coming out so close to 9.0 that those zones wouldn't be able to remain relevant for long enough to justify their development costs.

I'm not even sure why people have such an issue with this. A lot of folks seem to be of the belief that the next raid will be in Thunder Bluff and Stormwind. That wouldn't even require a new zone, and the raid wouldn't have to be very large either.

Are you saying that you didn't write these things? You seem pretty emphatic that 8.3 wasn't happening. The patch doesn't have to be 'out yet' to call you on your wrong 'prediction'. Fess up, you got it wrong, you got it very wrong. Just like you got your 8.2.5 release wrong. It's okay to be wrong.

I guess there is a possibility that sometime between now and 8.3's release that an ELE occurs that would prevent it from being released, so yes, its possible you could still be right about it not happening.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.