Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

If we get a Worgen model update. Should we get new druid forms?

Pretty self explanatory title I guess.

While I'm in the druid form revamp party, I could understand both parties.

On one hand I think our race of werewolves deserve just as much love as Kul Tiran and Zandalari druids.

On the other hand worgen are cursed night elves. Although worgen druids began as harvest witches that are completely unrelated to Night Elves.

So what do you think? Should the druid forms get new models? If yes, what should they look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post

On one hand I think our race of werewolves deserve just as much love as Kul Tiran and Zandalari druids.

On the other hand worgen are cursed night elves. Although worgen druids began as harvest witches that are completely unrelated to Night Elves.

So what do you think? Should the druid forms get new models? If yes, what should they look like?
    We'll most likely know within the few or week when the PTR comes up!
    AftermathhUI: @ WoWinterface
    Dirty Twist: @ Soundcloud

Druids got new models in Legion, also Kul Tirans came with new models as well. Enough druid dick sucking imo.

Worgens are however in dire need of a revamp because the models were rushed af, especially the female worgen, and I would also ask Blizzard to give them tails as they're supposed to biologically-wise. No creature that walks on its toes can do so without a tail to counterbalance the weight of the torso. Only exceptions are birds but that's only because their centers of gravity are right above the legs, which is not the case for worgen.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2019-07-24 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Druids got new models in Legion.
    Only artifact ones.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

As far as I'm aware, all base druid forms were updated in 7.0. Are new Worgen druid forms then warranted in 8.2.5? No, I wouldn't say so. That said, ever since druid was announced as a class for Worgen at Blizzcon during Cataclysm reveal, many people wanted Worgen "cat" form to be a wolf instead. But many of the current feline inspired ability names wouldn't make much sense then, and Blizzard aren't going to give separate abilities to Worgen druids.

Edit:
    Here's a comparison of post-legion and pre-legion cat form update for Worgen

Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2019-07-24 at 04:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Only artifact ones.
    Normal cat druid form also got an HD revamp, if I'm not mistaken.

I don't care much for the druid forms but the model update and heritage armor for both worgen and goblins is the perfect time to give both races monks as a playable class, i am positive i read monk was supposed to be like warriors and hunters where anyone could train as one, there is absolutely zero reason these races still cannot be monks.

Before anyone starts talking about lore and timelines, the zandalari of all races can be monks ffs, allied races you recruited in legion or bfa can be monks, if they can learn to be monks in that short of a time then so can worgen and goblins who've been allied with monks for well over half a decade now. Putting a monk trainer in the starting zones or having the races start in human/orc starting areas at level 1 isn't exactly game breaking nor does it conflict with lore, they did it for draenei and belfs starting areas which are just as time locked as the goblins and worgens.

Also lightforged draenei for the one or two people of like ten people who actually play this race who want to play a monk

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    As far as I'm aware, all base druid forms were updated in 7.0. Are new Worgen druid forms then warranted in 8.2.5? No, I wouldn't say so. That said, ever since druid was announced as a class for Worgen at Blizzcon during Cataclysm reveal, many people wanted Worgen "cat" form to be a wolf instead. But many of the current feline inspired ability names wouldn't make much sense then, and Blizzard aren't going to give separate abilities to Worgen druids.

Edit:
    Here's a comparison of post-legion and pre-legion cat form update for Worgen
    Well model quality aside the question is wether they need models with their own unique identity. Sure, feline abilities don't make sense for a wolf, but they don't make sense for a dinosaur either.

Quote Originally Posted by Yes but actually no View Post
    I don't care much for the druid forms but the model update and heritage armor for both worgen and goblins is the perfect time to give both races monks as a playable class, i am positive i read monk was supposed to be like warriors and hunters where anyone could train as one, there is absolutely zero reason these races still cannot be monks.
    Agreed. I mean they got a lore reason for human druids. No way they can't explain aways monk as an underground fight club. Plus, fighting with your hands is a pretty obvious choice for Worgen I would say.

10+ Year Old Account
    The original Worgen may have been Night Elves but the current ones we play as are Gilneans and a majority of the "wild" ones that are alive now were also human originally. As for whether the player race of Worgens should get new druid forms, maybe? It all depends on what sect of Druidism they originated from like how Kul'tiran Druids are Thornspeakers and have roots (lol) in Drust magic, Zandalari are a mix of Loa worship and dinomancy and Darkspear Druids are an offshoot of that whereas both Night Elves and Tauren share common roots in the Earth mother and Elune. Did the Gilneans practice Druidism before they joined with the Night Elves in evacuating Gilneas and learning to control the curse or was it after?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I'm aware, all base druid forms were updated in 7.0. Are new Worgen druid forms then warranted in 8.2.5? No,
    i think the OP is directed more to having forms befitting of the worgen race... like more racial uniqueness. not that the base forms need to go from low res to high res to even higher res.

Boomkin form being replaced with.. idk scarecrow reaper form? cat form replaced with wolf form? tree form replaced with... Corn Stalk form? lol. idk what is truly representative of Worgens... but that sounded more to the point of the op.

possible changes to forms ~~

Boomkin --> Reaper

Cat --> probably no change

Travel (ground) --> Wolf

Travel (air) --> Raven/crow

Tree --> Haunted/Cursed tree (without leaves)

Bear --> not sure a change in animal.. but would probably alter it slightly to have more Worgen influence
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2019-07-24 at 04:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Did the Gilneans practice Druidism before they joined with the Night Elves in evacuating Gilneas and learning to control the curse or was it after?
    Hell yeah they did. They used harvest witches to help with the well, harvest. It wasn't really explored that much, but they have their own druidic tradition independent of loa, drusts or cenarius.

But many of the current feline inspired ability names wouldn't make much sense then, and Blizzard aren't going to give separate abilities to Worgen druids.
    This line of thinking falls apart when you remember that Zandalari have dinosaurs as their druid forms. Not sure if you were talking about pre-BfA but it definitely can't be used as an excuse now. Admittedly while more wolf-like forms for Worgen druids would be cool, I'm not actually that invested in seeing it happen.

My worgen's a warrior so I don't care too much. But I would like the option to have both glowing and normal eyes as male/female worgen.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    This line of thinking falls apart when you remember that Zandalari have dinosaurs as their druid forms. Not sure if you were talking about pre-BfA but it definitely can't be used as an excuse now. Admittedly while more wolf-like forms for Worgen druids would be cool, I'm not actually that invested in seeing it happen.
    On that note I would totally support wolf form being their cat form. It'd make the most sense, given the whole thing about how the curse started by a bunch of druids trying to use the scythe to turn into wolves. "the forbidden form."

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

"If"? It's coming in 8.2.5, we've known this for months.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Plus, fighting with your hands is a pretty obvious choice for Worgen I would say.
    This part really annoys me because it's so blatantly obvious but still not in the game, all worgens should have a dual wield option transmog item like monks that makes their weapons invisible, fighting with their claws. Really really annoys me something like this has never been put in the game yet, that kind of stuff right there is your class/race fantasy stuff, not locking half your classes abilities behind other specs. It's just a shame the tauren totems that were finally brought into the game were made as cloaks rather than 2 handers, troll hunters turning their ranged weapons into throwing spears is another i would love to have seen.
    Last edited by Yes but actually no; 2019-07-24 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    My worgen's a warrior so I don't care too much. But I would like the option to have both glowing and normal eyes as male/female worgen.

On that note I would totally support wolf form being their cat form. It'd make the most sense, given the whole thing about how the curse started by a bunch of druids trying to use the scythe to turn into wolves. "the forbidden form."
    While on the subject of druid forms, I'm still disappointed in KT boomkin form...

I would like to see them expand the BfA move to give each race their own travel/aquatic/moonkin forms.

What do you mean by "If we get", we've literally known that we're getting Worgen and Goblin models in 8.2.5 since last year's Blizzcon.

I was always kind of annoyed that KT cat form looks more wolf-like than the Worgen cat form.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    There are more important things to update first
    Oh well if you say so, nothing else matters unless you personally want it. Typical millenial self-entitlement.