Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Warlock Metamorphosis back in my biggest one. Hell, change it to a demonic transformation if you don't want to call it meta anymore. It's more the gameplay that I miss than the name of the ability, just something cool that gives me more mobility and a badass cooldown with more of a burst focus for demonology.
    Also, bring back Dark Apotheosis, coolest idea in a long time. It doesn't have to be strong, I just liked having it.

The only other one that comes to mind for me is that I'd like DK weapon and role versatility to come back in some way, shape or form, and the talk from Ion recently about returning specs to being alterations of your class rather than complete fundamental overhauls would be a nice place to start. It'd be as simple as having a tanking presence vs a DPS presence, similar to stances. I miss stuff like unholy DW, blood DPS and frost tanking, even if some of them weren't particularly good. It was just fun to have a class that could be so versatile depending on their build, it feels like WoW as a whole lost a really unique class when they deviated away from this.
    If you reply to me with a full essay I'm probably not going to bother reading it, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Warlock Metamorphosis back in my biggest one. Hell, change it to a demonic transformation if you don't want to call it meta anymore. It's more the gameplay that I miss than the name of the ability, just something cool that gives me more mobility and a badass cooldown with more of a burst focus for demonology.
    I feel warlocks have lost a lot to other classes, but metamorphosis existing demon hunters, i think it should have been removed because you're suppose to work with demons, not being one. You're a demon master. DH's have a demon within. But indeed i feel sorry that warlocks had to give up one of the most coolest thing they had that it was metamorphosis. It was really cool and i loved it. As i love DH's too. So i'm split.

Even tho, if you read what i add on the list on DH's part saying that warlock has such a cool meta and it's removed and you'll not see it anymore and could be add on DH as a cosmetic aspect with glyphs you can see i think it's a waste. That was me adding it. It could also be some cosmetic thing for warlock instead. It's really sad that such a cool good looking and epic meta is just gone forever.

Also, bring back Dark Apotheosis, coolest idea in a long time. It doesn't have to be strong, I just liked having it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HribuKA2gFo

Bringing you some memories.

The only other one that comes to mind for me is that I'd like DK weapon and role versatility to come back in some way, shape or form, and the talk from Ion recently about returning specs to being alterations of your class rather than complete fundamental overhauls would be a nice place to start. It'd be as simple as having a tanking presence vs a DPS presence, similar to stances. I miss stuff like unholy DW, blood DPS and frost tanking, even if some of them weren't particularly good. It was just fun to have a class that could be so versatile depending on their build, it feels like WoW as a whole lost a really unique class when they deviated away from this.
    I talk about Ion as well in this sense, i think it's one of the things i like on Ion, it's how specs work there.
    You're from the time that frost was tank <3 i had a blast on DK that time. Frost regardless is my favorite spec no matter if it's tank or dps, i just love frost so much.
    Classes being versatile will always come across my mind. Unfortunately i don't think anytime soon or maybe never they will bring stuff how it was, but one can enjoy that, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    i'm almost sheeding a tear (not being sarcastic), cause i have talked about classes having access to everything and people have always take a turn on me saying to me that i have the worse ideas ever and that is one of them, cause it would be a cluster f*** of abilities.I see more people starting to agree with me and that makes me actually feel less retarded. Classic wasn't the only tree talents era, it was also on other expansions up to cataclysm and stopped at MoP. When MoP came out. As i didn't play MoP or WoD, i came back in Legion and yes i liked it better but i have felt empty with specific specs, made me feel like my rogue, my dk, my mage, my warlock had now to choose only one thing when i liked them better back then that i could use certain abilities from other specs and wasn't available anymore as glyphs as well stopped existing and started only being cosmetic. I don't mind them being cosmetic too, but i mean was a radical change for someone that didn't play like this.
    So, this being said, i liked WoTLK tree talents the most, classic ain't bad on that as it's the original but also because i played more in that time and most of the classes and i could experience talent trees on a positive feedback, for example, i remember being a DK i could put each presence i wanted, even could put unholy presence when i was on mostly on blood spec (which was before the dps spec that is now frost), Blood boil was our aoe, and all that. Unholy presence would give attack speed and all.
    As i put when explaining my process, it made no sense for them to straight up remove it and split classes up to what they have now. It requires double if not triple the amount of work to make each spec more interesting than if they gave everyone access to everything but 3 big talent trees to spec into what you want to spec into. So yeah i am with you and some others, please if there is one change to do, change this, bring back something like this, make talent trees like this. Yes there is always going to be a max dps spec and play like this, but outside a raid environment people can still do things differently and experiment.

On a sidenote, i also was quite baffled at the changes to DK when stances just went and you had to spec into each one, so stupid!

Thank you for this piece of "Blizzard lore", actually didn't know that. Saw the video, quite nice the feeling that Blizzard actually explained why they did it and how they changed it. 10/10

(They also talked about Necromancer not making into the game, that i always asked myself why necromancer didn't come to wow, since they existed and i love necromancer. So this gave me a bit more knowledge thanks to you.)
    No problem!

Ofc that was a long time ago. And we all know how the devs like to change their minds on certain things.

While on other...more sought after ones, less so.

Though I'm still keeping my hopes up for that 4th hunter spec in the style of the old SV, as it was a much liked playstyle that was taken away from us.

I mean, we are currently able to play Classic/Vanilla once again. Something many thought of to be beyond unreasonable just an expansion or so ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Costa View Post
    As i put when explaining my process, it made no sense for them to straight up remove it and split classes up to what they have now. It requires double if not triple the amount of work to make each spec more interesting than if they gave everyone access to everything but 3 big talent trees to spec into what you want to spec into. So yeah i am with you and some others, please if there is one change to do, change this, bring back something like this, make talent trees like this. Yes there is always going to be a max dps spec and play like this, but outside a raid environment people can still do things differently and experiment.

On a sidenote, i also was quite baffled at the changes to DK when stances just went and you had to spec into each one, so stupid!
    It requires double if not triple the amount of work to make each spec more interesting than if they gave everyone access to everything but 3 big talent trees to spec into what you want to spec into
    This. That's why they have so much unbalanced specs that sometimes can't even be playable. They are trying to balance as the other user said around 30+ classes. Because when they balance a class they are not trying to only balance a class but their respective specs, which makes it seems almost like it's 3 classes each spec.

Imagine you adding tier sets + bonus from azerites + essences with taking this into acount, how stupidly hard it is to balance all that:
    1- Frost Mage, 2- Fire Mage, 3- Arcane mage. 4-Unholy DK, 5-Frost DK, 6-Blood DK, 7-Arms Warrior, 8-Protection Warrior, 9-Fury Warrior, 10-Demonology Warlock, 11-Destruction Warlock, 12-Affliction Warlock, 13-Feral druid 14-Guardian Druid, 15-Restoration Druid, 16-Balance Druid. 17-Monk Windwalker, 18-Monk Mistweaver, 19-Monk Brewmaster, 20Hunter Marksmanship, 21-Hunter Beast Mastery, 22- Hunter Survival, 23-Paladin Protection, 24- Paladin Retribution, 25-Paladin Holy, 26-Priest Holy, 27-Priest Disc, 28-Priest Shadow, 29-Demon Hunter Vengeance, 30-Demon Hunter Havoc, 31-Rogue Outlaw, 32-Rogue Assassination, 33-Rogue Subtlety, 34- Shaman Elemental, 35- Shaman Enhancement, 36- Shaman Restoration.

HOW can you keep doing CONSTANT updates and hotfixes to 36 SPECS? This will never be balanced, it's unrealistic. That's why blizzard has instead making classes to play similar to each other, so they can focus a bit more on classes but they haven't been doing a good job regardless. I mean i don't blame them. Look at how much they need to focus? Also having tier sets is basically same thing as azerite traits but azerite traits are just worse imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    So arrows raining down from the sky isn't magical? Shooting half a dozen different arrows in different directions in front of you isn't magic? Even more once you get away from vanilla that looks pretty magic to me.
    Is a Rogue throwing venomous daggers around him or her magical? No, didn't think so.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Two words:

Talent Trees

I play a class, not a spec. Right now we have 36 classes. Classic has reminded me of why it was fun to customize your character to be more effective through talent choices.

Having the complete toolkit that your class is capable of as baseline is far more engaging than mysteriously forgetting how to cast a fireball by selecting one spec over another.

Also, bring back DK presences and Warrior stances
    Man I remember when someone at Blizzard thought it was a good idea to take away traps from non SV Hunters during the beginning of Legion.

This so much.
    Last edited by xZerocidex; 2019-09-24 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xZerocidex View Post
    Is a Rogue throwing venomous daggers around him or her magical? No, didn't think so.
    - - - Updated - - -

Man I remember when someone at Blizzard thought it was a good idea to take away traps from non SV Hunters during the beginning of Legion.

This so much.
    As a hunter main alt, i can say SV hunter without traps is stripped.

Is this it? Sorry my ignorance but sometimes i'm not really inside of all the terms.
    Yes, snapshotting is what allowed the dot specs to shine, and gave them very interesting and fun ways to change the gameplay via trinkets or just any proc/active/on-use in general and increased the min/maxing ceiling by several miles compared to what we have now.
    Since it was removed feral has been on an identity crisis sucking ass and affliction/shadow had to be changed 20 times because it was hard to balance them.
    MoP was the golden age of snapshotting, and it was also removed on WoD pre-patch.

Examples of trinkets completely changing how you play your spec:
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=94532/r...re-origination

https://www.wowhead.com/item=94524/u...on-of-lei-shen
    Allowed demo locks to maintain a 100% crit doom and it did bad things to the boss.

Currently feral does have some snapshotting with 2 abilities but it's baby stuff compared to before. (TF and Bloodtalons) but stats do not snapshot.
    Last edited by kek280; 2019-09-24 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kek280 View Post
    Yes, snapshotting is what allowed the dot specs to shine, and gave them very interesting and fun ways to change the gameplay via trinkets or just any proc/active/on-use in general.
    Since it was removed feral has been on an identity crisis sucking ass and affliction/shadow had to be changed 20 times because it was hard to balance them.
    MoP was the golden age of snapshotting, and it was also removed on WoD pre-patch.

Examples of trinkets completely changing how you play your spec:
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=94532/r...re-origination

https://www.wowhead.com/item=94524/u...on-of-lei-shen
    Allowed demo locks to maintain a 100% crit doom and it did bad things to the boss.

Currently feral does have some snapshotting with 2 abilities but it's baby stuff compared to before. (TF and Bloodtalons) but stats do not snapshot.
    Ohhh, see this i knew what it was but i didn't know the name for it. I too like snapshotting then xD my ideal is then now that i know the name for it is: bring back snapshotting, remove pruning alias class fantasy, and remove gcds. Seems about it for me. (I really don't like GCD's, i tried cause i have to on my classes but i simply dislike it.)

- - - Updated - - -

*updated wishlist*

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Nope, it's not magic. It's supposed to be amazing skill at using a bow, not magic. You are instead shooting multiple arrows, either in quick success at a parabolic arc for volley or simultaneously for multishot. There are actual archers in our world that can multishot three targets after all. If it can be done by a human in our non-magical world, it should be doable in Azeroth were everyone is magical to some degree, using exceptional materials with multiple enchantments both in bow construction and to enchant their own skills further.
    But the things I mentioned are impossible, and can't be done by a human in a non-magical world.

There is no way for a human to cause dozen upon dozens of arrows to rain down in a circle around them, nor is it humanly possible for a human for fire multiple arrows at once in multiple directions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xZerocidex View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

This so much.
    First off we aren't talking about rogues, second off a rogue carrying a hundred poisoned daggers to throw at people is impossible without some kind of magic, unless the rogue is carrying a portable replicator?
    Hope, the greatest power of all!

#WithoutRespectWeReject

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    But the things I mentioned are impossible, and can't be done by a human in a non-magical world.

There is no way for a human to cause dozen upon dozens of arrows to rain down in a circle around them, nor is it humanly possible for a human for fire multiple arrows at once in multiple directions.

- - - Updated - - -

First off we aren't talking about rogues, second off a rogue carrying a hundred poisoned daggers to throw at people is impossible without some kind of magic, unless the rogue is carrying a portable replicator?
    First off, it's a valid comparison regardless of what you think. Second, it isn't magic either, just because you see characters able to perform things that are impossible IRL doesn't mean magic was involved. Tell you what, go hop on a Rogue and get the silence effect placed on you and see can you still perform Fan of Knives. That'll shoot a hole through your silly, little assumptions and hopefully you realize how it doesn't make sense to say Rogues are using magic... same for Hunters.

At the end of the day, it's a game. There are bound to be things our characters can do that is impossible to do IRL.
    Last edited by xZerocidex; 2019-09-25 at 03:54 AM.