Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Il'gynoth whispers...

"Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it." - Heart of Azeroth (neck)
    "At the hour of her third death- she ushers in our coming" - Azeroth. 1st death- sundering. 2nd - cataclysm/shattering. 3rd- stab

Thoughts? Opinions? Many constantly linked that to Sylvanas/Jaina... even Alleria.

And then, once we defeat him he says "N'zoth, I journey to Ny'alotha."

Pretty much everything described what's happening right now in BFA.

And also worth to mention: "The king of diamonds has been made a pawn." - Magni, obvious. But also... HE is the 1 who took the MOTHER (a "being/construct" which was exposed to corruption for eras....) into the Chamber of Heart.....

Just need to find out who the heck is Lord of the ravens (could be both Khadgar or Odyn)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    "At the hour of her third death- she ushers in our coming" - Azeroth. 1st death- sundering. 2nd - cataclysm/shattering. 3rd- stab

Thoughts? Opinions? Many constantly linked that to Sylvanas/Jaina... even Alleria.

And also worth to mention: "The king of diamonds has been made a pawn." - Magni, obvious. But also... HE is the 1 who took the MOTHER (a "being/construct" which was exposed to corruption for eras....) into the Chamber of Heart.....

Just need to find out who the heck is Lord of the ravens (could be both Khadgar or Odyn)
    Ye lord of ravens is either khadgar odyn or even medivh.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

15+ Year Old Account
    And for our big surprise Lord of Ravens is... Raven Lord from Heroes of the Storm, so one-universe theory is right!
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Only Lord of the Ravens i know in this game is Anzu

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Role Unknown View Post
    Only Lord of the Ravens i know in this game is Anzu
    Contenders for the "Lord of Ravens" moniker are generally thought of as Odyn (and his ravens Huginn and Muninn). Khadgar due to his association with ravens, the raven symbology of Karazhan and Atiesh, and his raven form. And finally Medivh for mostly the same reasons as Khadgar. Anzu is kind of forgotten about, sadly, and as a figure in Draenic/Arakkoan mythology probably wouldn't figure into a prophecy concerning the fate of Azeroth.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

"... even Alleria". Yeah, because she has said something about her third death.

At that time the Heart wasn't even a thing.

Azeroth didn't die yet. These events could harm or weaken her, but she didn't die.

Like many other old gods' creatures. It looks like some resting place for them, or maybe where they would want to rest, same as Kul Tirans say "Take my body into the sea" when they die.

The pawn part could be that, N'zoth / Azshara knew that they needed a lot of Azeroth's life essence to free N'zoth and the only way for that was to strike her hard. They also knew that Sargeras would reach Azeroth sooner or later. They know that Magni will do everything in his power to not allow Sargeras to conquer Azeroth, and they also know that Sargeras would sooner try to harm her in hopes of killing her than just let her free in case he's denied. So to look at the events:

1. Sargeras is near. I guess beings like Azshara or N'zoth can easily sense his presence.
    2. Magni helps us free the Titans and defeat Argus.
    3. Titans pull Sargeras back. He failed to capture Azeroth. In his final act he stabs her. In his mind, if he failed now and is going to be imprisoned with no idea if he'll ever be freed, he had to kill Azeroth or else the Void Lords would convert her eventually. So he stabs her.
    4. Azerite is leaking everywhere. Still it's not enough with the life essense all over the place, it has to be contained.
    5. Magni offers us the Heart and ability to infuse it with Azerite.

Magni did what he thought was right, but it was also what Azshara and N'zoth wanted him to do. That's why he's the pawn.

Regarding the MOTHER. I doubt she's corrupted. Many beings came into contact with her in the chamber, beings with ability to sense a corruption. And remember, this corruption was created by the titans themselves. So not a huge deal for a titan construct after they've been purged.

IMO Khadgar, again like Magni, indirectly. It's him who sent us to find the pillars. And then we kind of left them there because Khadgar got too hype'y. I would expect someone like him to make sure the pillars are protected and then taken somewhere else. But because they were left there, Azshara was able to capture the Tidestone, allowing for Nazsjatar reveal.
    And if Khadgar didn't organize all of this, the Legion invasion would succeed and we would all be lost, including Azshara and N'zoth. So he kind of gave them the keys to their further plans.
    Last edited by TickTickTick; 2019-09-20 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    At that time the Heart wasn't even a thing.

Azeroth didn't die yet. These events could harm or weaken her, but she didn't die.

Like many other old gods' creatures. It looks like some resting place for them, or maybe where they would want to rest, same as Kul Tirans say "Take my body into the sea" when they die.

The pawn part could be that, N'zoth / Azshara knew that they needed a lot of Azeroth's life essence to free N'zoth and the only way for that was to strike her hard. They also knew that Sargeras would reach Azeroth sooner or later. They know that Magni will do everything in his power to not allow Sargeras to conquer Azeroth, and they also know that Sargeras would sooner try to harm her in hopes of killing her than just let her free in case he's denied. So to look at the events:

1. Sargeras is near. I guess beings like Azshara or N'zoth can easily sense his presence.
    2. Magni helps us free the Titans and defeat Argus.
    3. Titans pull Sargeras back. He failed to capture Azeroth. In his final act he stabs her. In his mind, if he failed now and is going to be imprisoned with no idea if he'll ever be freed, he had to kill Azeroth or else the Void Lords would convert her eventually. So he stabs her.
    4. Azerite is leaking everywhere. Still it's not enough with the life essense all over the place, it has to be contained.
    5. Magni offers us the Heart and ability to infuse it with Azerite.

Magni did what he thought was right, but it was also what Azshara and N'zoth wanted him to do. That's why he's the pawn.

Regarding the MOTHER. I doubt she's corrupted. Many beings came into contact with her in the chamber, beings with ability to sense a corruption. And remember, this corruption was created by the titans themselves. So not a huge deal for a titan construct after they've been purged.

IMO Khadgar, again like Magni, indirectly. It's him who sent us to find the pillars. And then we kind of left them there because Khadgar got too hype'y. I would expect someone like him to make sure the pillars are protected and then taken somewhere else. But because they were left there, Azshara was able to capture the Tidestone, allowing for Nazsjatar reveal.
    And if Khadgar didn't organize all of this, the Legion invasion would succeed and we would all be lost, including Azshara and N'zoth. So he kind of gave them the keys to their further plans.
    the phrases are foreshadowing events so it doesnt matter if the event havent actually started at the time the phrase was mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    "... even Alleria". Yeah, because she has said something about her third death.
    She seems like a red herring, purposely saying things to throw us off so it's not obvious it's Sylvanas.

You forgot the most important whisper:
    "If only you knew how shit the next expansion will be! But you will see....and it will be too late."

OT:
    The 3rd death MAY be Azshara - wowhead interpreted it that way - and while i certainly think Blizzard would pull this BS, it makes no sense. The only Character we know who has actually died at least twice so far is Sylvanas. I still think it would make a lot more sense to unveil her "2nd death" ontop of ICC where she made her pact with the Valkyr and became a tue Villain who does not give a fuck about the Forsaken anymore was a ruse by whoever commands the Valkyr. That would make the most snese and would open up doors for some interesting development for Sylvanas as well.

The "third death" prophecy is not about Alleria. Her line in that comic is very clearly a red herring, since she basically said "HEY GUYS, I ALREADY DIED TWICE!!", which removes any kind of speculation one might have on the topic (very clearly against Blizzard's goal with this whole whispers plotline). Like, come on. Obviously it wasn't going to be so straightforward and literally "in your face". Instead, it is obvious that Azshara is now the object of that prophecy:

1) She first died after the Sundering and N'Zoth resurrected her as a naga;
    2) Then, she died at the end of her raid and N'Zoth resurrected her as a Void-infused creature;
    3) She will die again in 8.3 (which is about N'Zoth) and usher in the return of the Void. She would make even more sense than Alleria because she is much more corrupted by the Void. This way, she also fulfills her role as the "Gul'dan" of this expansion. Much like Gul'dan ushered in the Legion's return, Azshara will usher in the Void's return.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-09-20 at 04:12 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    the phrases are foreshadowing events so it doesnt matter if the event havent actually started at the time the phrase was mentioned.
    Yeah sure, hindsight is 20/20 lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it is highly likely, that Blizzard have forgot or chosen to not continue the story according to the whispers of Ii'gynoth.

It might just be a waste of time to dig into it, if Blizzard does not even care about following it completly anymore. We are about to see the end of the Sylvanas storyline started in Legion and it is unlikely, that all the whispers guide towards her will actually come true.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    The "third death" prophecy is not about Alleria. Her line in that comic is very clearly a red herring, since she basically said "HEY GUYS, I ALREADY DIED TWICE!!", which removes any kind of speculation one might have on the topic (very clearly against Blizzard's goal with this whole whispers plotline). Like, come on. Obviously it wasn't going to be so straightforward and literally "in your face". Instead, it is obvious that Azshara is now the object of that prophecy:

2) Then, she died at the end of her raid and N'Zoth resurrected her as a Void-infused creature;
    3) She will die again in 8.3 (which is about N'Zoth) and usher in the return of the Void. She would make even more sense than Alleria because she is much more corrupted by the Void. This way, she also fulfills her role as the "Gul'dan" of this expansion. Much like Gul'dan ushered in the Legion's return, Azshara will usher in the Void's return.
    That's an interesting take that I haven't thought about. Guess we'll see.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post

I think alleria is still possible.
    When the arrow finds its mark, the last fetter will fall away.
    More visions. Possible futures. She saw Xe'ra, the Mother of Light, declaring her a heretic and calling for her death. She saw her blood on Turalyon's sword. She saw Arator calling an army of paladins to hunt her down, only to fall with her arrows in his throat. She saw herself kneeling before the One Who Slumbers beneath Azeroth's waves. She saw herself killing it and taking its place, leading a throng of horrors to consume every nation.
    I struggle to fetter the whispers, same as you. Thankfully, Alleria Windrunner continues to offer us her guidance
    Blizzard kept us on our toes from blizzcon to bfa wanting us to believe it could have been someone else than sylvanas who burned teldrassil even though it was obvious. I think its quite possible we think way to much about it and they already gave us the clear answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    I think alleria is still possible.

Blizzard kept us on our toes from blizzcon to bfa wanting us to believe it could have been someone else than sylvanas who burned teldrassil even though it was obvious. I think its quite possible we think way to much about it and they already gave us the clear answer.
    With the Burning of Teldrassil it's different. Sylvanas didn't literally say "I WILL BURN THE TREE AT THE END OF THE WAR", in fact she said the exact opposite, she vowed to conquer it for the Horde. The two cases would be comparable if Alleria actually said "Thank goodness I've never died once, though I came very close to dying twice".

Another reason why it's most likely not Alleria is that she's barely had any role in BfA. It's too late. If they wanted to set up an arc where she is corrupted by N'Zoth and ushers in the return of the Void, they shouldn't have relegated her to a NPC on a random boat. That's why I don't think she'll suddenly return in the spotlight in 8.3 only to fall to madness and release the Void. This kind of storyline can't just be asspulled at the last moment, it needs to be set up from the beginning, and the character needs to be actively on the spotlight to truly convey the idea that they are losing themselves in a spiral of madness. This would like if Arthas randomly disappeared after the Andorhal mission only to suddenly reappear at the end of the Human campaign with Frostmourne already in his hands, without any explanation or proper representation of his descent into madness.

Keep in mind, we are talking about a character (Alleria) who has been anticipated for a decade.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-09-20 at 05:48 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Couldn't the three deaths be Knaifu?

Don't ignore the possibility that Blizzard is making shit up as they go along and that these whispers no longer have a meaning.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

5+ Year Old Account
    The lord of ravens can also be Lord Jorach Ravenholdt. It's not like the Uncrowned are important this expansion. Like Lilian Voss, Garona, Valeera, Tess. They definitely don't do nothin. Or Mathias Shaw for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Yeah sure, hindsight is 20/20 lol.
    I mean, it was widely thought that these were prophecies when they were first datamined, and people are still speculating what it means.

https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraftlor...noth_whispers/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ible_spoilers/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraftlor...nal_puzzlebox/
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749295827
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._2018_what_do/
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=291327/...shara-spoilers
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765168317
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20766737079
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-the-key/53173
    https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraftlor..._turn_the_key/
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749385012
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...h-Not-Sylvanas
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-quot-Sargeras
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-key-to-N-Zoth

The only hindsight is that some things weren't metaphors, but simple statements.

-"To find him, drown yourself in the circle of stars" - The Last Prison is in the "Circle of Stars" wing of the Eternal Palace, underwater.
    -"The king of diamonds has been made a pawn" - Azshara says that exact same line in her fight, in the Circle of Stars, when referencing Magni Bronzebeard and the Heart of Azeroth.

Otherwise, Old Gods, their minions, and those they corrupt all speak in prophecies/future threats, almost never present tense, and almost always cryptic until it's added literally later on.
    "Your fate is sealed. The end of days is finally upon you and ALL who inhabit this miserable little seedling. Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh."
    "The God of the Deep writhes in his prison, breaking free ever so slowly. You should hurry and defeat the fallen titan... there are greater battles yet to fight."
    "Darkness roots. Pestilence spreads. The doorway is open."
    "Your wakening draws near..."
    "You will carry my pestilence, and a vast, bubbling, putrid cyst will cover the world."
    "In the end... you will know the truth..."
    "The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! We will reforge our dread citadels atop the fly-blown corpse of this kingdom!"
    "The deep one's prison weakens. None will be spared!"
    "Where one falls, many shall take its place..."
    "They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle."
    "The ritual nears completion. The Black Empire rises... and the world awaits its true queen."
    "The locks weaken. The world screams."
    "You will drown in terror!"
    "You will be eradicated!"
    "With each threat unraveled, a step closer to my realm."
    "Your heart will explode."
    "You cannot escape the shadows."
    "Your destruction will herald a new age of suffering!"
    "Once more shall the twisted flesh-banners of N'Zoth chitter and howl above the fly-blown corpse of this world. After millennia, we have returned."
    "Nightmares are... never... forgotten..."
    "You will drown in the blood of the Old Gods! ALL OF YOU!"
    "Hope is a disease of the soul! This land shall wither and die!"
    "My death... heralds the end of this world."
    "Ogmot sees lady wrapped in dark swirlies. She leads herd of blind sheep.

Da sheepies follow her everplace she go. Do everthin she say. Never doubt lady.

She guide dem over tall cliff! SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT! Stupid sheepies!

Da crows get fat eatin da sheepflesh. Da lady laugh as crows eat!
    "

So, anything's still on the table for the future for anything that Il'gynoth said. We don't know what lies the "boy king" told, who exactly the Lord of Ravens is, what the "five torches" were (apparently one was when Xal'atath was released?), whose "third death" it is, etc. It doesn't have to be something that has already happened, at all.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.