Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WoW has more twitch viewers then any of Blizzard's IP's combined.

Sorry but why did they move over from WoW to other IP's again?
    Even the Esport king of Blizzard(Overwatch) is nothing compared to WOW views atm.

I think Blizzard fucked up real bad a few years ago.
    WoW has more views on a daily basis then, Overwatch, SC, WC3, HOTS, HS combined.

Which is impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Views are only useful when compared to themselves to determine trends. You can't compare views of one game to views of another. Some games are simply not interesting to watch or more interesting/easy to play yourself. The amount means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Even the Esport king of Blizzard(Overwatch) is nothing compared to WOW views atm.

I think Blizzard fucked up real bad a few years ago.
    WoW has more views on a daily basis then, Overwatch, SC, WC3, HOTS, HS combined.

Which is impressive.
    You're welcome from the classic fans

10+ Year Old Account
    If only twitch views would mean anything.

I mean if we truely go by twitch views for success, wow already droped from 1.3m down to less than 100k, which is a good 95%~ drop.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2019-09-22 at 03:08 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    You're welcome from the classic fans
    asmonbald fans, you mean?

is there a trend over time?

something like twitch is always going to be subject to the flavour of the month

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    What is this obsession with twitch view count with you people?
    Validation. Gotta have that validation, somehow, by any means necessary, I guess.

Wow streaming numbers are dependent on the personality playing it. If the streamer didnt have a cam/mic then no one would watch someone collect 10 bear asses. WoW shouldn't be designed based on people watching others play. A good example is asmongold watches YouTube videos while he is on mechagon or nazjayar because the gameplay is too boring.

Twitch viewers mean literally nothing in this context. The shift to higher MTX utilization has proved to be a great source of revenue with relatively low overhead, regardless of what twitch trends are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Twitch viewers mean literally nothing in this context. The shift to higher MTX utilization has proved to be a great source of revenue with relatively low overhead, regardless of what twitch trends are doing.
    Yes they mean lot. And i you think they dont you are delusional. If twitch would have no impact on games and their playerbase there wouldnt be companies investing in twitch and their streamers.

I don't think Twitch metrics should be used to judge a game's quality. The biggest numbers are purely made by personality streamers, the ones people watch regardless of game they play. I very much doubt that most people who watch streamers are actually watching the gameplay, they just have it run on the background while they are doing something else.

Blizzard had to branche out into other games, and honestly I don't think they have done it enough. Having them stick solely to WoW has caused them to miss out on capitalizing on the MOBA franchise. Just because their other games don't perform as well as WoW doesn't mean that they should just focus on WoW alone. Its their original titles like Diablo 1+2, SC1 and WC1-3 that gave them enough resources and talent to make WoW in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is not a streaming game. yet it pulls up a 100k viewers on a daily basis since classic.
    (Yes that is fucking insane if you compare any other MMORPG wont get near 5k twitch viewers, since MMORPG's aren't ment to be watched)

And yes if a game like OW can't keep up with WoW, while Overwatch is ment to be streamed and esport related. Then i find that pretty sad.

Since WoW is destroying blizzard's IP like it's nothing like WoW did back in 2004.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

this is classis lol, AN OLD GAME

WoW is not a streaming game. yet it pulls up a 100k viewers on a daily basis since classic.
    (Yes that is fucking insane if you compare any other MMORPG wont get near 5k twitch viewers, since MMORPG's aren't ment to be watched)

And yes if a game like OW can't keep up with WoW, while Overwatch is ment to be streamed and esport related. Then i find that pretty sad.

Since WoW is destroying blizzard's IP like it's nothing like WoW did back in 2004.
    Tbf, the only reason wow is blasting so much ahead of OW and the likes, is because Asmobald.

If he played OW, it would be OW there.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We're still having threads about this? It's Classic, we know, you don't need to be vague and pretend you don't know why.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Wow is a streaming game it's basically low effort content that allows streamers to talk to there audience. Bfa did at launch as well and classic viewership is slowly declining down each day. Classic has been beating fortnite but do you think it has more active players?
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Only because of Asmongold, no other reason whatsoever. If Asmongold goes to play Overwatch, OW will have more viewers than WoW. And no, it's not "Classic". Classic is already dead on Twitch in comparison to what it was on launch, it's literally just Asmongold and his tens of thousands of viewers who will watch him even if he sits down and talks about the grass growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    its only because the people who are sitting in the queue are watching the streamers

remove the queues and those twitch viewers will plummet into the ground

not sure why you would think its because wow classic is popular opposed to this being people sitting in a queue
    Ha, for some reason the first imagine in my head was bunch of Asmonbald followers watching the stream while waiting for their queue to go down, so they can go follow him around ingame.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the goal is to have the most people watching your game instead of playing it this might make sense. Since that's not the goal this is 100% nonsense.

Personally I'd rather play than watch. This emphasis on all-things-Twitch as the guiding light that Blizzard should follow in designing its games is just beyond belief.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Apex was really huge for some time....!