Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Yeah, the thing with making shit up is that you make it plausible and well thought out. Otherwise nobody believes it and it's kinda pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    Yeah, the thing with making shit up is that you make it plausible and well thought out. Otherwise nobody believes it and it's kinda pointless.
    yo, i didn't believe the WoD leaks, i shouldn't of underestimated the stupidity of the blizzard development team with both ghostcrawler leaving and xelnath fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    yo, i didn't believe the WoD leaks, i shouldn't of underestimated the stupidity of the blizzard development team with both ghostcrawler leaving and xelnath fired.
    Well aye. Tbh after Legion I genuinely thought BfA was going to be sick. At this point I've p much accepted the fact that WotLK (ok mostly Ulduar) was peak WoW, but shit like ToC, and to some extent every single raid post Ulduar is just more evidence that the times the game was good were mostly accidental rather than the product of a design team who have fully internalised what players actually like.

CD Projekt Red are my bois now. I hope they make an MMORPG at some point cos they are legit the only people I trust implicitly not to fuck up. Then again, I used to say that about Bioware, but there's always hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    Well aye. Tbh after Legion I genuinely thought BfA was going to be sick. At this point I've p much accepted the fact that WotLK (ok mostly Ulduar) was peak WoW, but shit like ToC, and to some extent every single raid post Ulduar is just more evidence that the times the game was good were mostly accidental rather than the product of a design team who have fully internalised what players actually like.

CD Projekt Red are my bois now. I hope they make an MMORPG at some point cos they are legit the only people I trust implicitly not to fuck up. Then again, I used to say that about Bioware, but there's always hope.
    yeah, 'daughter of the sea' was the first animated drawing style video since the burdens of shaohao.
    atleast i didn't pay for it with money this time.

and yeah, CDPR are rock-solid devs in a time of shifty-shitheads.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    No. The leak says that N'Zoth basically goes afk until 9.0. Obviously that is not going to happen nor would it make any sense from a climax standpoint.

"At long last, I have finally broken free from my shackles! Can you hear me, mortals? At long last, an old god is free! Now destruction shall come upon you all... in two years. I have to go take a nap again. Go have fun in Stormwind with some ghosts."

^ That's the leak, basically.
    Ok, so your logic is that it's shitty writing and therefore fake.

As if other examples of writing in wow are any good.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    By destroying everything in the universe and starting over.
    Which is not as bad as one could think.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Ok, so your logic is that it's shitty writing and therefore fake.

As if other examples of writing in wow are any good.
    Yes, because obviously I remember how in 7.3 we didn't actually go to Argus like it was built up everywhere else, we actually went to fight some dangerous naga overlord left in Azsuna.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    snip
    Wow this was an expert takedown of why the "leaked" map is just fake bullshit.

Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    Yes, because obviously I remember how in 7.3 we didn't actually go to Argus like it was built up everywhere else, we actually went to fight some dangerous naga overlord left in Azsuna.
    Did you forget the part where the portal between Azeroth and Argus was open for six months with the legion somehow not noticing or pouring through between the time TOS went live and when 7.3 dropped. This leak would be no different; the story gets paused awkwardly all the time. I’m not saying this leak is true, but your reasoning for why it’s not is spurious.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Legion was to prevent old god corruption in the first place.
    The Legion was actually Sargearas having an existential crisis. He went around killing and imprisoning demons so much that he thought that since Chaos always seemed to crop up somewhere in the universe, than it must be the natural state of it and order/life is unnatural. He just went after the old gods because them corrupting a world soul would be the only thing to stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Did you forget the part where the portal between Azeroth and Argus was open for six months with the legion somehow not noticing or pouring through between the time TOS went live and when 7.3 dropped. This leak would be no different; the story gets paused awkwardly all the time. I’m not saying this leak is true, but your reasoning for why it’s not is spurious.
    We don't know if it lasted six months. And no, that's not comparable, because Argus was STILL the focus of 7.3, like Blizzard even said at Blizzcon. An appropriate comparison is N'Zoth unleashing his full unbound fury upon Azeroth in 8.3, but then failing to actually impact the in-game world (like most other final villains), which is what is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    I actually remember the WoD leaks. Everyone saying that it was too stupid to be true. Boy, the egg was sadly on most of the fanbase's faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    The Legion was actually Sargearas having an existential crisis. He went around killing and imprisoning demons so much that he thought that since Chaos always seemed to crop up somewhere in the universe, than it must be the natural state of it and order/life is unnatural. He just went after the old gods because them corrupting a world soul would be the only thing to stop him.
    No. It has been retconned. He formed the Legion in order to stop the old gods. By killing everyone, of course.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    No. It has been retconned. He formed the Legion in order to stop the old gods. By killing everyone, of course.
    Well damn, That was one of the lore bits I liked a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Well damn, That was one of the lore bits I liked a lot.
    Yeah, reading it up, apparently the lore is that he happened upon an infected world, interrogated some Nathrezim who told him how the Old Gods are attempting to infect world-souls so that the titan inside them would become a Dark Titan. Sargeras in anger then cleaved that world in half killing the world-soul. The rest of the Pantheon chastised him believing that they could've purged the corruption from the world instead of just destroying it altogether. When they wouldn't come around to his thinking he isolated himself until eventually he came to the conclusion that the only way to spare the universe was to purge ALL life and then let the universe start again as it once had since life had taken root from nothingness once before.