Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Legion was to prevent old god corruption in the first place.
    By destroying everything in the universe and starting over.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    This. If the leak is legit, then the writers truly have passed the point of no return when it comes to their inability to write stories as opposed to writing shock-and-awe moments and bludgeoning the story into fitting around those moments. The final raid involves Saurfang, Baine, Lor'themar, Thalyssra, and Thrall (who are committed to deposing Sylvanas) siding with Sylvanas against the Alliance leaders they'd been working alongside to lay down groundwork for a significant de-escalation, because Bolvar Deus Ex Machinas his way into the story from literally nowhere (as he's done precisely fuck-all this expansion beside mention he thinks Sylvanas is an asshole muscling in on his turf when Vol'jin asked) and rather than make good on his character thus far, he suddenly goes all blue because his daughter (who he's never so much as mentioned in passing since putting the helm on and despite his treating his old self as dead) rather than focusing on prepping the Scourge for a potentially-resurgent Black Empire.

And then we need another almost-literal Deus Ex Machina to save Mekkatorque, who then allies with a goblin that has not been shown to be a particularly gifted engineer, never mind one on Mekkatorque's level (Gallywix's strengths lay in more Machiavellian pursuits, whereas many of the gnomes' most significant modern advances have all been attributed to Mekkatorque's blueprints, including the Deeprun Tram) to design... a third Deus Ex Machina, all in the same patch story, so our character can go back and forth from the land of the dead, a land so ripe with Deus Ex Machina that the leak suggests we'll have our pick of the best and brightest dead heroes from all across lore to save the day and fix everything with.

Oh right, and there's literally no closure for the events of Battle For Azeroth, as Sylvanas's 7,000-D super megamind big brain chessmaster plan (the sort that gives Gendou Ikari from Evangelion and David Xanatos from Gargoyles throbbing wood) goes off without a hitch and all the mass murder and attempts at purging an entire species off the map are swept under the rug.

Don't get me wrong. This level of absolute, autistic mongoloid fanfic-tier horseshit is well within the current writing team's comfort zone. Most of us are just holding out the last glimmer of hope that they can restrain the urge to swan dive directly into the dregs of AO3's metaphorical Hall of Shame.
    You forgot the contrived plot point where Sylvanas manages to trick everyone with the same exact plan she had at the start of the expansion.

Another where she manages to sack what is probably the best defended city the Alliance has by landing directly in their harbor which is probably the best defended point in said city (An interesting notion considering it took the Horde rebels and all the Alliance, just to take Orgramar from a portion of the orcs, and a handful of goblin and mantid.), She dose this with a force that is already split 3 ways (The rebels, the force attacking TB, and the Force attacking SW), After that she still has enough of a force left to pose a major threat to the combined might of the Horde and Alliance up until the last boss fight.

Yet more BS where somehow Thrall, Saurfang, Baine, and Sylvanas are seen as an even match for Anduin, Tyrande, Malfurion, Jaina, Genn, Velen, the dwarf leaders, and the Lichking's supposed help (Or dose he bugger off after killing Lor'themar...).

After this Gallywix somehow finds out where Mekkatorque is being held and is allowed anywhere near him.

And as you said it is all warped up nicely in the end where Sylvanas tells us all that now we are ready to fight N'zoth..... After she shattered both factions forces by running them into each other.... all to make us undead.... something that we have plenty of examples of the void being able to manipulate... And for some reason the Alliance just up and forgives her for the destruction of Stormwind.... and Darnassus..... And killing them all....

Ohh and did I forget to mention the Only reason Sylvanas's plan actually worked, is because of a random appearance of the Lichking? Because ya if he hadn't shown up we would have promptly slaughtered Sylvanas and gone into a relative peace again...

Yeah, the thing with making shit up is that you make it plausible and well thought out. Otherwise nobody believes it and it's kinda pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    Yeah, the thing with making shit up is that you make it plausible and well thought out. Otherwise nobody believes it and it's kinda pointless.
    yo, i didn't believe the WoD leaks, i shouldn't of underestimated the stupidity of the blizzard development team with both ghostcrawler leaving and xelnath fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    yo, i didn't believe the WoD leaks, i shouldn't of underestimated the stupidity of the blizzard development team with both ghostcrawler leaving and xelnath fired.
    Well aye. Tbh after Legion I genuinely thought BfA was going to be sick. At this point I've p much accepted the fact that WotLK (ok mostly Ulduar) was peak WoW, but shit like ToC, and to some extent every single raid post Ulduar is just more evidence that the times the game was good were mostly accidental rather than the product of a design team who have fully internalised what players actually like.

CD Projekt Red are my bois now. I hope they make an MMORPG at some point cos they are legit the only people I trust implicitly not to fuck up. Then again, I used to say that about Bioware, but there's always hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    Well aye. Tbh after Legion I genuinely thought BfA was going to be sick. At this point I've p much accepted the fact that WotLK (ok mostly Ulduar) was peak WoW, but shit like ToC, and to some extent every single raid post Ulduar is just more evidence that the times the game was good were mostly accidental rather than the product of a design team who have fully internalised what players actually like.

CD Projekt Red are my bois now. I hope they make an MMORPG at some point cos they are legit the only people I trust implicitly not to fuck up. Then again, I used to say that about Bioware, but there's always hope.
    yeah, 'daughter of the sea' was the first animated drawing style video since the burdens of shaohao.
    atleast i didn't pay for it with money this time.

and yeah, CDPR are rock-solid devs in a time of shifty-shitheads.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    No. The leak says that N'Zoth basically goes afk until 9.0. Obviously that is not going to happen nor would it make any sense from a climax standpoint.

"At long last, I have finally broken free from my shackles! Can you hear me, mortals? At long last, an old god is free! Now destruction shall come upon you all... in two years. I have to go take a nap again. Go have fun in Stormwind with some ghosts."

^ That's the leak, basically.
    Ok, so your logic is that it's shitty writing and therefore fake.

As if other examples of writing in wow are any good.
    Do not ask questions for which you do not want the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    By destroying everything in the universe and starting over.
    Which is not as bad as one could think.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Ok, so your logic is that it's shitty writing and therefore fake.

As if other examples of writing in wow are any good.
    Yes, because obviously I remember how in 7.3 we didn't actually go to Argus like it was built up everywhere else, we actually went to fight some dangerous naga overlord left in Azsuna.
    "Remember, control demands sacrifice. Power never comes without a price. You risk losing those closest to you in order to save them. This is the bargain we have made."

Void Elf player/Alleria fan.

Which is not as bad as one could think.
    It is quite literally exactly as bad as everyone thinks.

There's no guarantee of starting over once everything is destroyed. So it is exactly as bad as just destroying the universe and not having a plan for afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    snip
    Wow this was an expert takedown of why the "leaked" map is just fake bullshit.

Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    Yes, because obviously I remember how in 7.3 we didn't actually go to Argus like it was built up everywhere else, we actually went to fight some dangerous naga overlord left in Azsuna.
    Did you forget the part where the portal between Azeroth and Argus was open for six months with the legion somehow not noticing or pouring through between the time TOS went live and when 7.3 dropped. This leak would be no different; the story gets paused awkwardly all the time. I’m not saying this leak is true, but your reasoning for why it’s not is spurious.
    Do not ask questions for which you do not want the answers.

Legion was to prevent old god corruption in the first place.
    The Legion was actually Sargearas having an existential crisis. He went around killing and imprisoning demons so much that he thought that since Chaos always seemed to crop up somewhere in the universe, than it must be the natural state of it and order/life is unnatural. He just went after the old gods because them corrupting a world soul would be the only thing to stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Did you forget the part where the portal between Azeroth and Argus was open for six months with the legion somehow not noticing or pouring through between the time TOS went live and when 7.3 dropped. This leak would be no different; the story gets paused awkwardly all the time. I’m not saying this leak is true, but your reasoning for why it’s not is spurious.
    We don't know if it lasted six months. And no, that's not comparable, because Argus was STILL the focus of 7.3, like Blizzard even said at Blizzcon. An appropriate comparison is N'Zoth unleashing his full unbound fury upon Azeroth in 8.3, but then failing to actually impact the in-game world (like most other final villains), which is what is going to happen.
    "Remember, control demands sacrifice. Power never comes without a price. You risk losing those closest to you in order to save them. This is the bargain we have made."

Void Elf player/Alleria fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    I actually remember the WoD leaks. Everyone saying that it was too stupid to be true. Boy, the egg was sadly on most of the fanbase's faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    The Legion was actually Sargearas having an existential crisis. He went around killing and imprisoning demons so much that he thought that since Chaos always seemed to crop up somewhere in the universe, than it must be the natural state of it and order/life is unnatural. He just went after the old gods because them corrupting a world soul would be the only thing to stop him.
    No. It has been retconned. He formed the Legion in order to stop the old gods. By killing everyone, of course.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

No. It has been retconned. He formed the Legion in order to stop the old gods. By killing everyone, of course.
    Well damn, That was one of the lore bits I liked a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Well damn, That was one of the lore bits I liked a lot.
    Yeah, reading it up, apparently the lore is that he happened upon an infected world, interrogated some Nathrezim who told him how the Old Gods are attempting to infect world-souls so that the titan inside them would become a Dark Titan. Sargeras in anger then cleaved that world in half killing the world-soul. The rest of the Pantheon chastised him believing that they could've purged the corruption from the world instead of just destroying it altogether. When they wouldn't come around to his thinking he isolated himself until eventually he came to the conclusion that the only way to spare the universe was to purge ALL life and then let the universe start again as it once had since life had taken root from nothingness once before.