Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Flying & Dragon Form Combat

Based on one of the 9.0 leaks, all classes would be getting a dragon form that we could switch into while flying, with the ability to enter combat in the air, making the skies dangerous just like on land. Assuming this dragon form would have a 3 minutes air time limit until it needs to recharge again. Dragon form transforms into a glider giving the player a choice where to land.

If a player is attacked in the air while their dragon form is still recharging they transform into a glider. This glider functionality is only possible in combat, unlike demon hunters.

Tinkers transforming into mechs on land plus a dragonsworn class transforming the player into a dragon on land would really spice things up in this stale game. Also, with aerial combat and mecha combat both being possible, plus AI assisted multi-class-multi-toon leveling and AI assisted solo game story mode, WoW would no longer be missing any features other MMORPGs have.

Thoughts?

Edit: Just to clear the confusion some might have, Dragonsworn is a class that transforms into a dragon on land. This other dragon form is for ALL classes to be able to enter combat and launch aerial attacks on cities and other groups of players for a maximum of 3 minutes, after which they are forced to land via a glider so that they can choose where to regroup and land safely, away from mobs...etc

Gliding is not a player ability, but just a safe landing mechanism after the 3 minute aerial combat timer ends.

Dragonsworn on the other hand could function similarly to druids, giving them different forms for different specs, a dragon for dps, a drakonid form like the ones in blackwing lair for tanks and a humanoid form for healing...etc
    Last edited by letsdothat; 2019-10-03 at 08:46 PM.

The leak I saw said we were going to get pet flying pigs that shoot rockets.

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-09-23 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Removed Meme/Giant Image
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    The leak I saw said we were going to get pet flying pigs that shoot rockets.
    I like it! Any form of aerial combat would be nice. It would stop people whining about removing flying or removing rep grinds to getting flying.
    Last edited by letsdothat; 2019-09-22 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by letsdothat View Post
    Based on one of the 9.0 leaks, all classes would be getting a dragon form that we potential could switch into while flying, with the ability to enter combat in the air, making the skies dangerous just like on land. Assuming this dragon form would have a 2-3 minutes air time limit until it needs to recharge again.

Thoughts?
    Leaks from where?

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Leaks from where?
    Can’t remember the exact one, but basically we enter dragon form and fight other players in the air for 3 minutes, after which dragon form transforms into a glider.

Dps healer and tank classes get their spec appropriate dragon form abilities. Epic fights in the sky that continue on land.

Add tinkers to the mix and you get Mecha fights on land.

Quote Originally Posted by letsdothat View Post
    Can’t remember the exact one, but basically we enter dragon form and fight other players in the air for 3 minutes, after which dragon form transforms into a glider.

Dps healer and tank classes get their spec appropriate dragon form abilities. Epic fights in the sky that continue on land.

Add tinkers to the mix and you get Mecha fights on land.
    Can't provide a link than it is not a leak

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I for sure remember that leak. Sounds just as garbage now as it did then.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I for sure remember that leak. Sounds just as garbage now as it did then.
    I’d rather they add aerial combat so that groups of pvpers can organize in the air but still feel at risk of being attacked. It’s a whole new dynamic and would make more people play in war mode imo as opposed to, say turning off flying completely.
    Last edited by letsdothat; 2019-09-22 at 08:32 AM.

They wanted to do aerial combat a long time ago, but they realized people can't deal with three-dimensional positioning and orientation, so any such plans were scrapped, and the only thing even remotely like that we got was Vashjir, which was a three-dimensional space but 99% of the time you still just hugged the ocean floor.

These days the only thing we get is the occasional three-dimensional event in boss fights (where the three-dimensional part basically comes down to avoiding some effects), like Blackwater Behemoth, or Al'akir before that, and stuff like that.

You see, THIS is the sort of out-of-left-field idea that make it sound legit. No-one had giving everyone a dragon form until this leak. I'd pay attention to this one.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    You see, THIS is the sort of out-of-left-field idea that make it sound legit. No-one had giving everyone a dragon form until this leak. I'd pay attention to this one.
    dragonsworn or some draconic class is not something unusual that people don't know about it, working somehow like DH being able to glide

transform into a dragon seems way more nonsense, but who knows, i rather have drakonid as playable race

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    dragonsworn or some draconic class is not something unusual that people don't know about it, working somehow like DH being able to glide

transform into a dragon seems way more nonsense, but who knows, i rather have drakonid as playable race
    You are mixing two completely different things. Dragonsworn is a class that transforms into a dragon on land. This other dragon form is for ALL classes to be able to enter combat and launch aerial attacks on cities and other groups of players for a maximum of 3 minutes, after which they are forced to land via a glider so that they can choose where to regroup and land safely, away from mobs...etc

Gliding is not a player ability, but just a safe landing mechanism after the 3 minute aerial combat timer ends.

Dragonsworn on the other hand could function similarly to druids, giving them different forms for different specs, a dragon for dps, a drakonid form like the ones in blackwing lair for tanks and a humanoid form for healing...etc
    Last edited by letsdothat; 2019-09-22 at 10:50 AM.

Every class getting dragon-form?
    Flying Combat?

Bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Every class getting dragon-form?
    Flying Combat?

Bullshit.
    How else would you allow aerial combat? You need a CC for such an ability and you cannot be on your flying mount anymore once you have entered combat and also, you cannot use your own class abilities...there is just no other way around it. Dragons fit many of the existing themes in WoW. This can be a very fun and addictive system that would encourage people to enable War Mode more often without worrying about flying and how it ruins the game...etc

Imagine a raid split into air and land groups raiding one of the major cities....how epic would that be!

They could even spice that up with sea combat using the many existing ship designs from WoD and after.

Air, land and sea....too good to be true considering this is Blizzard we're talking about.
    Last edited by letsdothat; 2019-09-22 at 10:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't a leak. This is your theory crafting for an obscure feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    This isn't a leak. This is your theory crafting for an obscure feature.
    I like it. Let’s do that!

I know developpers can refine systems after 10 years and something being initially a failure doesnt mean that a similar feature in the future would be, but when you say "dragon form combat", I read "open world occulus experience" and the tought makes me laugh and cry

Flying combat was a feature on the box for wotlk that never happened because it just wont work in wow. So if they knew back in wotlk that trying to get flying combat working would be a S#$@ show what makes you think it will be any better especially with how hard blizzard wants to get rid of flying so they don't have to put in as much effort in making the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are already confused where to go in a 2D terrain.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..