Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    This is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard yet some part of me thinks it could be tweaked into a fun tinker mechanic, temporary mech flight. I don't think the DHs would be happy about being one-upped though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless they did a complete rework of the engine, it's not happening in WoW. "Leaks" are mildly entertaining sometimes, but if you don't know why this won't work, go to Vashir or however it was spelled and try to do combat on any class that uses ground effects. Wow also wasn't really based on dodgeable effects. It's purely a range and roll for hit system. Are you within X yards? Congrats. Watch as your fireballs chases someone like a heat seeking missile because the game already decided you rolled a hit.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol players turning into dragons whaaat?!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    lol players turning into dragons whaaat?!
    You can take it about as seriously as people who have pc specs in their sig.

The 90s called, they want their early Internet flexing back

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by letsdothat View Post
    You are mixing two completely different things. Dragonsworn is a class that transforms into a dragon on land. This other dragon form is for ALL classes to be able to enter combat and launch aerial attacks on cities and other groups of players for a maximum of 3 minutes, after which they are forced to land via a glider so that they can choose where to regroup and land safely, away from mobs...etc
    im not mixing im saying is something similar, transform into dragon to fight just for 3 minutes seems stupid to m
    Gliding is not a player ability, but just a safe landing mechanism after the 3 minute aerial combat timer ends.
    it is for demon hunters and Zandalari trolls

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    You can take it about as seriously as people who have pc specs in their sig.

The 90s called, they want their early Internet flexing back
    lol oh you got me there! I'm hurt.

I guess I'm just not convinced on why we would become dragons...? I mean, maybe something to do with the Wrathion stuff coming back perhaps? Thought the dragons pretty much fell out of style in Blizzard's eyes.
    "A flower.

lol oh you got me there! I'm hurt.

I guess I'm just not convinced on why we would become dragons...? I mean, maybe something to do with the Wrathion stuff coming back perhaps? Thought the dragons pretty much fell out of style in Blizzard's eyes.
    If they do add this feature, they will obviously tweak it and make it work well within the constraints of the engine and gameplay. Aerial combat would be very limited and temporary, more of a combat launching point where the fights would continue on land.

It’s meant to make the sky dangerous and stop people from whining about flying once and for all.

I figured they scrapped the concept of flying combat for a reason.

If we get a class like the dragonsworn that could turn into a dragon as a flying mount, I imagine it would be used exclusively for transportation, and they'd transform back into their mortal forms upon taking damage (similar to worgen)

If they do add this feature, they will obviously tweak it and make it work well within the constraints of the engine and gameplay. Aerial combat would be very limited and temporary, more of a combat launching point where the fights would continue on land.

It’s meant to make the sky dangerous and stop people from whining about flying once and for all.
    This literally does nothing to make the sky dangerous. Unless the air is completely full of enemies every 20 feet, you just fly around the things in the air without any problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    I figured they scrapped the concept of flying combat for a reason.

If we get a class like the dragonsworn that could turn into a dragon as a flying mount, I imagine it would be used exclusively for transportation, and they'd transform back into their mortal forms upon taking damage (similar to worgen)
    Dragonsowrn is a whole other thing. This here is about a flying combat stance for all current and future classes.

They could add NPC enemies to the skies to make it even more dangerous.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't know man, I don't see this happening at all. =/
    "A flower.

I don't know man, I don't see this happening at all. =/
    I really wanna see some kind of aerial combat added both in war mode and normal mode against npcs....the skies feel empty and boring. I don't think the idea of 2d vs 3d combat being an issue is true anymore...especially if they create a vehicle like limited combat stance lasting a a few minutes and taking just as long to recharge.

There are entire games based on 1 or 2 abilities while flying and shooting in the air, i don't think movement would be an issue since that too can be tweaked.
    Last edited by letsdothat; 2019-09-23 at 03:19 AM.

lol, like they're ever going to deliver on flying and mounted combat from wrath's promotion.
    what's next? dance studio?

Based on one of the 9.0 leaks, all classes would be getting a dragon form that we potential could switch into while flying, with the ability to enter combat in the air, making the skies dangerous just like on land. Assuming this dragon form would have a 3 minutes air time limit until it needs to recharge again. Dragon form transforms into a glider giving the player a choice where to land.

If a player is attacked in the air while their dragon form is still recharging they transform into a glider. This glider functionality is only possible in combat, unlike demon hunters.

Tinkers transforming into mechs on land plus a dragonsworn class transforming the player into a dragon on land would really spice things up in this stale game. Also, with aerial combat and mecha combat both being possible, plus AI assisted multi-class-multi-toon leveling and AI assisted solo game story mode, WoW would no longer be missing any features other MMORPGs have.

Thoughts?

Edit: Just to clear the confusion some might have, Dragonsworn is a class that transforms into a dragon on land. This other dragon form is for ALL classes to be able to enter combat and launch aerial attacks on cities and other groups of players for a maximum of 3 minutes, after which they are forced to land via a glider so that they can choose where to regroup and land safely, away from mobs...etc

Gliding is not a player ability, but just a safe landing mechanism after the 3 minute aerial combat timer ends.

Dragonsworn on the other hand could function similarly to druids, giving them different forms for different specs, a dragon for dps, a drakonid form like the ones in blackwing lair for tanks and a humanoid form for healing...etc
    So, I've got this bridge I've been trying to sell...and something tells me you're the perfect buyer
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    So, I've got this bridge I've been trying to sell...and something tells me you're the perfect buyer
    This is a reply.

3+ Year Old Account
    Based on one of the leaks. Pfff yeah right. Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    The leak I saw said we were going to get pet flying pigs that shoot rockets.
    is it wrong of me to want this ?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    is it wrong of me to want this ?
    Nope. It reminds me of how Blizzard was still able to do some cool meme shit back in the days. People complained that the Maelstrom was not epic enough in Cataclysm. So they added a shark with a laser gun on its head ridden by a dinosaur ridden by a forsaken playing a guitar. It was super silly, but the good kind of silly.

I took a sneakpeak at blizz headquarters.

And within a vault lies the completed next expansion.

I was only able to get a quick peek at it but i can say the following.

The expansion is spacethemed. We all get a Vinidaar-like base that we fly around with to explore new worlds.
    Our ongoing mission: to seek out strange new worlds on which to plant the Alliance/Horde flag, to subjugate and if necessary obliterate new life-forms, to boldly conquer any and all worlds in the name of our highking/warlord.

The entire storyline will be something of a race to uncover all kinds of cool tech left behind by the destroyed ethereal empire. To build up great fleet to combat the opposing faction wich does the same. However halfway throu the expansion we get introduced to the very voidspawn that destroyed the ethereals.
    So now we band together and combine our fleets to face this new threat but regardless what we do it wont be enough and we will lose.
    In the last moment when it seems all hope is lost a deus ex machina will happen and an AI lets us choose between 3 sucky choices that ends the threat but pretty much undoes all the stuff weve accomlished...

New allied race, ethereal.
    New Artifact system Will be a chestpiece slot: our superpowered spacesuit, can shoot lazers and everything. Its pretty much an ironman suit.
    New class, Tinker... Because well, somebody needs to do maintenence on our spaceship. All Tinker names needs to have scotty somewhere in them.
    Intead of a flightmaster whistle we get a voicecom with 1 option wich says "beam me up...<insert tinker name>"

Oh and we will be able to do spacebattles as a scenario. Its like one of those supercool battles where your spaceship travels on an invisible railroad track and you just point and shoot with your lazergun. It will be like that turlequest but even more fun!
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Let’s make survival hunter ride their pets while at it.