Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    What other ideas can you think of that would give the Horde faction more "Jaina/Tyrande tier powerful main characters?"
    focus on horde characters who could be powerful magic classes

give some important orcs/taurens/trolls warlocks, shamans, witch doctors screen time and leadership and you will see things flowing.

elves already have mages, they should give more screen time to rommanth

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    It really doesn't, because it doesn't change anything, because he's still a psycho that shouldn't be the leader of a player faction... How he became a psycho is entirely irrelevant to that.
    OH no he totally should. I take his animated cyborg corpse over Bob fawning over Jaina and Baine any day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    That's different. Lor'themar is being tongue deep in political means, in time of war with her. Kael just wanted to bang her privately and she was his subordinate.

- - - Updated - - -

It is really weird that all Horde leaders believe that Alliance will sign a peace treaty instantly if Sylvanas dies. It is also weird that Alliance wants that even though they were asking Anduin to attack the Horde for entire Legion.
    When you bend the narrative in favor of alliance always being good and right even when they are not, then you might use horde characters too to licking boots as long as you have the chance. This expansion is the best proof horde bias is just a fairytale.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    When you bend the narrative in favor of alliance always being good and right even when they are not, then you might use horde characters too to licking boots as long as you have the chance. This expansion is the best proof horde bias is just a fairytale.
    inb4 Teldrassil comment.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I just want to see Lorthremar get more ballsy. He has the makings of a fun and powerful character. I wanna see his ass jumping around shooting sunwell infused arrows. I feel like the only reason they haven't done that is so that we don't have two Elven Rangers (Sylvanas and Him) jumping around, but that would have also made for some badass moments. I wanna see him get a better shot than her despite having 1 less eye than her.

As a W3 veteran I started to play WoW in TBC. I was extremly salty that they decided to make Keal'thas a cliche villain and not a leader of blood elves. If I could retcon one thing in warcraft's lore, it would be Kael'thas' story. Instead of him going mad and turning into Legion's tool, I would make him a victim/mind controlled/blackmailed.

Alas, I feel like it's too late to change it though. Even though they keep trying to make Lorethemar relevant and cool, I think the only good thing about him is his voice actor. The character just feels bland in comparison to W3 Kael.

Kael'thas was a brilliant character in Warcraft 3 and the way in which he was portrayed in TBC was terrible. I'd only want him to return if the writing surrounding him was excellent, which I don't see happening.

I don't like Lor'themar, though. That he is willing to turn against Garrosh and Sylvanas is understandable, though it's cheapened by his inability to hold a grudge when it comes to the Alliance. Especially after what Jaina did to his people back in Dalaran.

Rommath is the most interesting of the major blood elf characters these days. I'd like to see Lor'themar slain and replaced with him, provided he's written in the same manner as he has been up until now.

I would prefer to see a hidden daughter (or son) that's being raised behind the scenes by the Convocation of Silvermoon. For example, in the Children's Week questline for Outland, the Bronze Dragonflight states that Salandria is destined for great things (or not so great things... I can't remember the entire conversation), so in my bit of headcanon, what if Salandria is the orphaned child of Kael'thas Sunstrider and an unknown woman that fled to Shattrath with Voren'thal the Seer (and later died)? In an attempt to hide the child, Voren'thal the Seer places the child in the care of the local orphanage until the time that she can be revealed to the population as the next heir. Unbeknownst to him, the Blood Elves have come through the Dark Portal, and after testing their loyalty (via the Scryer reputation), he reveals the truth to a hero (the player), Lady Liadrin, Lor'themar Theron, Rommath (since he was with Kael'thas, Rommath will confirm the validity of her birth as the heir), and the Convocation of Silvermoon. Given this knowledge, it's decided that she'll be tucked away and trained as the next monarch. Finally, during her ascension to the throne, Salandria will take the regal name of Anasteria Sunstrider (thus, by taking the female variation of the name, she will honor the memory of her grandfather, and by doing so, offer a sense of continuity to the people). Think of this as Aragorn meets King George VI!

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. I'll just add that they butchered KT's story, so while it would be cool to see him come back (with the Al'ar angle), I would prefer to see the hidden heir angle, and the ashes angle could be used to purify his spirit at the Sunwell, i.e. Al'ar will use some of his essence to bring back KT's spirit so that he can offer guidance to his daughter, etc.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2019-09-22 at 11:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Void of my sou... Bah, Argentina :D
    Would be kinda weird for the Blood Elves to be lead by a psycho-fel infused-beheaded zombie...

And Lor'themar is fine.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ye, let's reward him for that time, when he sold his people to Burning Legion. I'm sure that current Blood Elves would be thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    I would prefer to see a hidden daughter (or son)
    So like, another Garrosh? An offspring bummed by his/her dad's doings? To much similarities for my liking.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2019-09-22 at 08:25 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    As a W3 veteran I started to play WoW in TBC. I was extremly salty that they decided to make Keal'thas a cliche villain and not a leader of blood elves. If I could retcon one thing in warcraft's lore, it would be Kael'thas' story. Instead of him going mad and turning into Legion's tool, I would make him a victim/mind controlled/blackmailed.

Alas, I feel like it's too late to change it though. Even though they keep trying to make Lorethemar relevant and cool, I think the only good thing about him is his voice actor. The character just feels bland in comparison to W3 Kael.
    It is quite easy to make things right. Retcon the Illidan novel and remove Blizzards hardon for that character. Then bring him back and let him explain his motives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Johnwho View Post
    Would be kinda weird for the Blood Elves to be lead by a psycho-fel infused-beheaded zombie...

And Lor'themar is fine.
    He really isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Kael'thas was a brilliant character in Warcraft 3 and the way in which he was portrayed in TBC was terrible. I'd only want him to return if the writing surrounding him was excellent, which I don't see happening.

I don't like Lor'themar, though. That he is willing to turn against Garrosh and Sylvanas is understandable, though it's cheapened by his inability to hold a grudge when it comes to the Alliance. Especially after what Jaina did to his people back in Dalaran.

Rommath is the most interesting of the major blood elf characters these days. I'd like to see Lor'themar slain and replaced with him, provided he's written in the same manner as he has been up until now.
    I totally feel the same. Bob never sold me as interesting or worthy.

I somewhat like the idea of a Blood Elf fusing/merging with A’lar and becoming some sort of Sun King, Phoenix King, Fire Lord Oza... Sun King will do, however Kael’thas... nah mate.

Also I always felt Kael was shady as fuck, from the very moment he was introduced. His arc in TBC felt natural, I’m always taken aback when I’m reminded I’m alone in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ye, let's reward him for that time, when he sold his people to Burning Legion. I'm sure that current Blood Elves would be thrilled.

So like, another Garrosh? An offspring bummed by his/her dad's doings? To much similarities for my liking.
    In what way can you possibly tie my story to Garrosh's story?

How can it be second coming if we killed him already 2 times and on second kill we took his head off
    Last edited by vipers; 2019-09-22 at 09:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Void of my sou... Bah, Argentina :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    He really isn't.
    He is fine.

Don't get me wrong, WC3 Kael was fantastic... too bad that he became in such abomination in WoW.

I would love to see him redeemed as Illidan, but I doubt we get that pleasure. The character butchering of Kael'thas and Illidan is the reason I dislike so much the lore of BC.

But that don't mean that Lor'themar is a bad character. In fact, is one of the best build character of the roster of racial leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post

I actually had to pause and ask "who?" https://wow.gamepedia.com/Grand_Magister_Rommath

"Oh yeah, that guy who's always standing next to Lor'themar."

I feel like he could use a teensy bit of development before taking a position like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Lor'themar's had my vote since he flipped that bench into the Silvermoon fountain in frustration in the Purge of Dalaran questline.

Why should he?

The current Blood Elves have nothing in common with the interesting concept of a race the Blood Elves were in TFT. Nothing. Currently in WoW, the Blood Elves are a badly fucked up version of High Elves.

And what would happen if they resurrect Kael'thas? He becomes another fanboy of Anduin, Sadfang, Jaina and Thrall? The TFT Kael'thas would have bitch slapped Jaina into oblivion for doing the crap she did in Dalaran to the Blood Elves. What do you think BFA or future resurected Kael'thas would do in such a situation? Probably kneel before her supreme magical female human might, kiss her feet and get cucked. And probably liking it as well. New boyfriend material after the Lordaeron prince and the blue dragon dodged that bullet.

Spare me that garbage please and let these characters rest in peace. They were fucked in their behind's in World of Warcraft more than enough. Arthas, Deathwing, Archimonde, Kil'jaeden, Malygos, Azshara all say hello as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Lor'themar's had my vote since he flipped that bench into the Silvermoon fountain in frustration in the Purge of Dalaran questline.

Lor'themar for Warchief 2020. For everything he's done since, that's still his most memorable moment for me.

THAT HUMAN WITCH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Lor'themar for Warchief 2020. For everything he's done since, that's still his most memorable moment for me.

THAT HUMAN WITCH!
    And then to find out she comes from a nation with a Witch problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    Why should he?

The current Blood Elves have nothing in common with the interesting concept of a race the Blood Elves were in TFT. Nothing. Currently in WoW, the Blood Elves are a badly fucked up version of High Elves.

And what would happen if they resurrect Kael'thas? He becomes another fanboy of Anduin, Sadfang, Jaina and Thrall? The TFT Kael'thas would have bitch slapped Jaina into oblivion for doing the crap she did in Dalaran to the Blood Elves. What do you think BFA or future resurected Kael'thas would do in such a situation? Probably kneel before her supreme magical female human might, kiss her feet and get cucked. And probably liking it as well. New boyfriend material after the Lordaeron prince and the blue dragon dodged that bullet.

Spare me that garbage please and let these characters rest in peace. They were fucked in their behind's in World of Warcraft more than enough. Arthas, Deathwing, Archimonde, Kil'jaeden, Malygos, Azshara all say hello as well.
    You know that Kael'thas was the original Jaina fanboy, right? He was the first one to crush on her. Before even Arthas.

- - - Updated - - -

THAT HUMAN WITCH!
    I did not know that picture existed, and I love it.