Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Because he is their rightful ruler, sole owner of Quel'Thalas and it is not for the pleb to question their betters. He could not betray them for this very reason. His kingdom, his decisions.

Simply because he would be their only way to survive as a new vehicle for Sunwell. All it takes is some dramatic event where Blood Elves are in dire need of help. Twice a savior beats 'I spanked you a little paeasants'. After Legion events I'm sure at least some BE are more understanding of The Burning Legion's cause.

Not to mention it wouldn't be exactly Kael'thas.
    Except that monarchies are reliant on the consent of the ruled to function. This was already decided when Lor'themar retained the regency and the blood elves almost universally backed him. Kael has no inherent right to rule that the blood elves recognize.

And no. The blood elves would not sympathize with the Legion when the Legion was responsible for the death of 90% of their species.
    Last edited by Thage; 2019-09-22 at 03:51 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    If he fuses with Al'ar, he damn better become my mount.
    This is the only good idea in the thread. And only if he says "The Sunwell was merely a setback!" every single time you mount him so he can be as annoying uniquely endearing as Ban-Lu.

Because he is their rightful ruler, sole owner of Quel'Thalas and it is not for the pleb to question their betters. He could not betray them for this very reason. His kingdom, his decisions.
    Except that he was overthrown, you would have a case if the people had not openly rebelled otherwise, the blood elves should bow to Azshara nowadays. The voices of the smallfolk are irrelevant for only so long. Not to mention Quel'thalas has been ruled by a council for almost all of its existence.

Simply because he would be their only way to survive as a new vehicle for Sunwell. All it takes is some dramatic event where Blood Elves are in dire need of help. Twice a savior beats 'I spanked you a little paeasants'. After Legion events I'm sure at least some BE are more understanding of The Burning Legion's cause.
    The magic addiction plot point does not work anymore, especially since the arcan'dor pooped up, they would just have to ask the nightborne or get their own seed.

Not to mention it wouldn't be exactly Kael'thas.
    Being a half fire elemental wouldn't really win over people.

7+ Year Old Account
    There's only one God King and he got killed in a patch
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    He shall be reborn like a phoenix. The only true Blood Elf King!

Also holy crap I should have ended my last post with the vids on it with this:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Kael%27tha...rrace_tactics)
    Exarch Larethor says: Well done, heroes! Let us all hope that this is the last the world will ever see of Kael'thas Sunstrider.

7+ Year Old Account
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.

I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    When the hell has that mattered to the Horde?

When I said "combing every inch of WoW's history", I meant it. I considered "well what if Elisande or Grom were resurrected and took a leadership roll again?" then I realized they actually tried to make amends for their deeds, as opposed to...

[Death, along with rising voice of insane raving] (exact words of wowpedia)
    My demise accomplishes nothing! The master will have you! You will drown in your own blood! The world shall burn! Aaaghh!
    It should start matter now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Except that monarchies are reliant on the consent of the ruled to function. This was already decided when Lor'themar retained the regency and the blood elves almost universally backed him. Kael has no inherent right to rule that the blood elves recognize.

And no. The blood elves would not sympathize with the Legion when the Legion was responsible for the death of 90% of their species.
    No, monarchies rely on its wealth and repression potential.

Elves are intelligent, they would understand. TBL's responsibility is indirect. TLK and Arthas could play it however they wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Except that he was overthrown, you would have a case if the people had not openly rebelled otherwise, the blood elves should bow to Azshara nowadays. The voices of the smallfolk are irrelevant for only so long. Not to mention Quel'thalas has been ruled by a council for almost all of its existence.

The magic addiction plot point does not work anymore, especially since the arcan'dor pooped up, they would just have to ask the nightborne or get their own seed.

Being a half fire elemental wouldn't really win over people.
    Some people rebelled. Those who agitated and misguided poor people are responsible for it. You can't blame smallfolk for acting beyond their station.

It didn't say anything about addiction. Whatever dramatic event occurs he can save them.

Not half but 1/3, the other parts being elf and Sunwell.

- - - Updated - - -

Also holy crap I should have ended my last post with the vids on it with this:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Kael%27tha...rrace_tactics)
    Exarch Larethor says: Well done, heroes! Let us all hope that this is the last the world will ever see of Kael'thas Sunstrider.
    What doe sit prove? That some dissident didn't like his ruler?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.

I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    I know you love it. No need for hipsterism.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-09-22 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Today is the day. I have decided in my infinite kindness to share pure wisdom with you. Behold one of the best high fantasy ideas that you have ever witnessed.

Kael'thas and Al'ar should be joined together into one being in the presence of Sunwell. The God King of Sin'dorei, the second coming of savior who would heal mana addiction by his very presence. Holy Phoenix, the truest Sunstrider and the first Azeroth made artificial Naaru like entity.

I present to you The God King Kael'ar Sunstrider!

New chapter in Blood Elves history and much needed expansion for the Blood Knights!
    He's dead.

And Lor'themar is pretty cool at this point.

Better than that whiny faggot Kael'thas.
    Last edited by Carolus Rex; 2019-09-22 at 04:17 PM.

Some people rebelled. Those who agitated and misguided poor people are responsible for it. You can't blame smallfolk for acting beyond their station.
    You are aware that blood elves are compromised of 100% nobles

It didn't say anything about addiction. Whatever dramatic event occurs he can save them.
    That made Illidan really popular among his people too.......

Not half but 1/3, the other parts being elf and Sunwell.
    Still wouldn't win them over

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus Rex View Post
    He's dead.

And Lor'themar is pretty cool at this point.
    It wouldn't work if he wasn't.

Na, Lor'themar is just another goodie goodie imbecile without a gram of solid bone in his spine. Blood Elves need to regain their anti-hero edge and become the most arrogant elves once again.

Let me bring up a pretty obvious counterpoint: Illidan. At the time of TBC, all we really knew was Illidan took over Outland and was exploiting its resources for....stuff. So we kill him and his buds, seeing that Kael'thas has sold out to the Burning Legion.

Skip to many, many expansions later, they write a book to fill in the giant gaps in BC's story, saying that oh no, he totally wasn't crazy, he was just focused on destroying the Burning Legion by any means necessary, resorting to ever crueler means to do so, but we need him, so let's slap his body and soul back together and get moving.

The key difference is in Illidan's story, there were those holes to fill. We did not know why he was doing what he was doing. I can't see any way to do the same with Kael "Glory to Kil'jaeden, drown in your own blood puny mortals" 'Thas.

Also do you like my new signature?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Yes please! Give me my blood elf leader who's walking around without a head!

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    You are aware that blood elves are compromised of 100% nobles

That made Illidan really popular among his people too.......

Still wouldn't win them over
    That was true thousands years ago when they still were Night Elves.

Depends on an event and how it affects every day joegolas.

Of course he would.

Yeah, we all know that Tempest Keep was merely a setback. The Illidari did nothing wrong.

Jokes aside, I wouldn't be averse to this.

That was true thousands years ago when they still were Night Elves.
    They are still all nobles, some just have more money than others.

Depends on an event and how it affects every day joegolas.
    Illidan saved the entire world and people still didn't like him, I have a hard time seeing kael in a better spot after what he pulled.

Of course he would.
    With what? I am sorry I slaughtered many of my people on Quel'danas and that I was high on demon juice and tried to summon Kil'jaeden to kill you all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'd take a crazy headless guy over Lor'themar, that's for damn sure.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Yes please! Give me my blood elf leader who's walking around without a head!
    That hasn't stopped people before! https://wow.gamepedia.com/Merely_a_setback
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Let me bring up a pretty obvious counterpoint: Illidan. At the time of TBC, all we really knew was Illidan took over Outland and was exploiting its resources for....stuff. So we kill him and his buds, seeing that Kael'thas has sold out to the Burning Legion.

Skip to many, many expansions later, they write a book to fill in the giant gaps in BC's story, saying that oh no, he totally wasn't crazy, he was just focused on destroying the Burning Legion by any means necessary, resorting to ever crueler means to do so, but we need him, so let's slap his body and soul back together and get moving.

The key difference is in Illidan's story, there were those holes to fill. We did not know why he was doing what he was doing. I can't see any way to do the same with Kael "Glory to Kil'jaeden, drown in your own blood puny mortals" 'Thas.

Also do you like my new signature?
    I agree, you can't see it. It can be made that his felsurrected form was impure and twisted, that he was no longer himself but a pawn. And in truth he was always loyal to Illidan. No need to thank me.

Yeah, ignorance is an ever prepped bull. Ignorance breeds humor.