Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    that's the right attitude.

Death means very little for a phoenix. Yes, Sylvanas should lead Forsaken.
    While that is true. a Phoenix is reborn FROM death. Sylvanas shouldn't be leader of anything. Again I'd rather see someone else. Unless it's the Azeroth Super Villains version of Kael'thas... THAT guy was amazing. (If you haven't watched the series. Do so! It's funny!)

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    While that is true. a Phoenix is reborn FROM death. Sylvanas shouldn't be leader of anything. Again I'd rather see someone else. Unless it's the Azeroth Super Villains version of Kael'thas... THAT guy was amazing. (If you haven't watched the series. Do so! It's funny!)
    Good then, Kael'Thas is pretty dead. Kael'Thas should get Illidan treatment and get his actions explained. There is no elf better than him!

Good then, Kael'Thas is pretty dead. Kael'Thas should get Illidan treatment and get his actions explained. There is no elf better than him!
    Literally every elf alive, and some not, are better than him.

I don't get your train of thought. Kael'thas went insane and sold out to the burning legion. You just kinda want to pretend none of that matters and redeem him for no reason to save the elves from problems that don't exist.

He explained his actions. In excruciating detail. You just refuse to accept any of it. Instead trying to make excuses that he was brainwashed, replaced by an evil robotic duplicate, anything you can come up with to justify this.

And in a World of Warcraft where that sort of stuff happens every expansion, and your idea still manages to stand out as being this terrible, that is truly an accomplishment.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-09-28 at 06:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

5+ Year Old Account
    All the elves should for their own faction and have a High Council.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

I don't get your train of thought. Kael'thas went insane and sold out to the burning legion. You just kinda want to pretend none of that matters and redeem him for no reason to save the elves from problems that don't exist.

He explained his actions. In excruciating detail. You just refuse to accept any of it. Instead trying to make excuses that he was brainwashed, replaced by an evil robotic duplicate, anything you can come up with to justify this.

And in a World of Warcraft where that sort of stuff happens every expansion, and your idea still manages to stand out as being this terrible, that is truly an accomplishment.
    Not even one.

Because Blizzard needed a loot pinata. They have at least explained Illidan's motives. I don't want to 'redeem' him, I want TBL chapter retconned because it doesn't make sense.

Now that must be one of the most vague 'exrcuciating details' I have ever witnessed.

Judging by your previous comments I'm safe to say that what you deem terrible is precisely the right narrative to follow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Today is the day. I have decided in my infinite kindness to share pure wisdom with you. Behold one of the best high fantasy ideas that you have ever witnessed.

Kael'thas and Al'ar should be joined together into one being in the presence of Sunwell. The God King of Sin'dorei, the second coming of savior who would heal mana addiction by his very presence. Holy Phoenix, the truest Sunstrider and the first Azeroth made artificial Naaru like entity.

I present to you The God King Kael'ar Sunstrider!

New chapter in Blood Elves history and much needed expansion for the Blood Knights!
    Not that I'm opposed to his return but I'm curious how a 12 years-dead (probably longer in WoW years) corpse, separated from its head no less, could return yet again.

Decapitation was just a setback?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

So Illidan 2.0? No thanks, we already got Sylvanas for that

Now that must be one of the most vague 'exrcuciating details' I have ever witnessed.
    This is vague?!
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Kael%27tha...rrace_tactics)
    He literally screams it at you.

So now you've swapped to retconning all of his TBC story instead of trying to justify the insane fanfiction that lead to the ham-fisted redemption. What do we do then, just remove both the raids? People farming the mount won't be happy with that.

And then what are we supposed to do with God-Emperor Sparklepants Retcon-Kael'Thas? Just jam him back in the story like nothing ever happened? Other characters would have to react like:

Lor'themar: Ah yes, God-Emperor Sparklepants, I remember when you totally saved us all and became our phoenix-god and I stepped down from regenthood 10 years ago. That was such a thing that happened.
    Liadrin: And I remember how I was going to do this whole thing where we drained from a naaru and became blood knights but you showed up and showered me with glitter and stopped it and I'm so thankful that happened.
    Velen: And then Kil'jaeden showed up through a totally unrelated portal and god-emperor sparklepants single-handedly bested him and saved the world! We are all in your debt!
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-09-28 at 07:10 PM.
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Not that I'm opposed to his return but I'm curious how a 12 years-dead (probably longer in WoW years) corpse, separated from its head no less, could return yet again.

Decapitation didn't prevent Nefarian and Onyxia to be reanimated. And in-lore time Kael died only ~7 years ago. Forsaken resurrected older corpses at Deathknell.

If selling out his people to the Legion is the reason behind your claim of how every Elf alive is better than him then that claim is highly questionable. After all, High Elves, Void Elves and Valeera sold out their people to the Alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

From ashes, like a phoenix.
    This is vague?!
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Kael%27tha...rrace_tactics)
    He literally screams it at you.

So now you've swapped to retconning all of his TBC story instead of trying to justify the insane fanfiction that lead to the ham-fisted redemption. What do we do then, just remove both the raids? People farming the mount won't be happy with that.
    What is not vague about it? Where are those excruciating details? He screas generic boss nonsense.

Now, just TBL chapter, not TBC. I have no idea what you mean by redemption, I want him to return as hot blooded as ever. Both? He only appears in one raid. No need to remove anything, just explain that his past TK appearance was influenced by fel crystal in his chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    If selling out his people to the Legion is the reason behind your claim of how every Elf alive is better than him then that claim is highly questionable. After all, High Elves, Void Elves and Valeera sold out their people to the Alliance.
    Who are notably not a force hell-bent on extinguishing all life in the universe.

What is not vague about it? Where are those excruciating details? He screas generic boss nonsense.

Now, just TBL chapter, not TBC. I have no idea what you mean by redemption, I want him to return as hot blooded as ever. Both? He only appears in one raid. No need to remove anything, just explain that his past TK appearance was influenced by fel crystal in his chest.
    "I didn't trust Illidan so I sided with the Burning Legion for power, bwa ha ha die, glory to the burning legion, who I am now allied with, did I mention bwa ha ha I'm evil" is apparently just "generic boss nonsense" white noise to you.

And he was allied with them since the start of the expansion, as seen with the demons in Netherstorm working with the blood elves, so yes, the whole expansion.

Because we had that, then we "kill" him in Tempest Keep, at which point he boasts about Kil'jaeden in his shattrath holo-rant, then we go to magister's terrace and he's even crazier, so we kill him and take the head with us this time.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-09-28 at 07:21 PM.

Who are notably not a force hell-bent on extinguishing all life in the universe.
    Extinguishing all life in the universe to protect it from the Void. Whereas Alliance has no redeeming qualities and is the faction equivalent of aidsbola.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

"I didn't trust Illidan so I sided with the Burning Legion for power, bwa ha ha die, glory to the burning legion, who I am now allied with, did I mention bwa ha ha I'm evil" is apparently just "generic boss nonsense" white noise to you.

And he was allied with them since the start of the expansion, as seen with the demons in Netherstorm working with the blood elves, so yes, the whole expansion.
    That's as far from detail as Anduin from masculinity. Pretty generic, yes.

False. Demons were working with Sunfury and Illidari. There are plenty of non TBL aligned demons.

And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.
    Can I have two sigs at once because my god.

Can I have two sigs at once because my god.
    Two quotes should fit. For safety you could edit your current sig to make all the text in it one paragraph.

10+ Year Old Account
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.
    wow i had no idea about that other thread until i read your post and went on a path I wish i hadnt taken.....holy God above...
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    wow i had no idea about that other thread until i read your post and went on a path I wish i hadnt taken.....holy God above...
    Think about the horrible, horrible things you never get to see - eldritch threads that that exist in the halfway realm between existence and non-existence, full of things that could haunt the mind forever.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Think about the horrible, horrible things you never get to see - eldritch threads that that exist in the halfway realm between existence and non-existence, full of things that could haunt the mind forever.
    wats that quote from team fortress 2 about pyro

oh yea

"I fear no man. But that... thing... it scares me."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUhOnX8qt3I
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    I can't believe this is still quotable. stealing this!

On one hand, i really hope kael returns and becomes the new belf racial leader. On the other hand, i dont trust blizzard to handle his story like that after they massacred him in tbc