Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    it's so people have a "sense of progression" when picking up new items.

Instead of your armor gaining +500 stamina, when you're already on 1.5 million,. you'll just think "meh".
    Now instead it's +500 stamina, while you're on 10.000, it'll feel more significant.

That, and there's always internal integer caps to keep in mind.
    It's perfectly possible this 15 year old game doesn't have full 64 bit integer support across all parts of the game yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    This. Why the fuck does it matter? Why is this even an issue to some? Are there so many like OP that suffers from sever dyscalculia? Because I keep seeing these bs threads pop up.

There should never have been any squish to begin with. Even the first one in WOD was terrible.
    Im this'ing this as well... Is it so confusing to people? Like... get Interface-Addons like Pitbull or whatever and cut the numbers yourself... Why is this even worth discussing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    It's perfectly possible this 15 year old game doesn't have full 64 bit integer support across all parts of the game yet.
    Valid argument? But i am pretty sure they changed that ages ago. Im also certain that such an integer overflow would have happened in the past years already if there was one in reach.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

I think it's because polls shows that the majority of the playerbase likes big numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus Rex View Post
    But they grow to a point where they become too big for the system to handle, so they have to squish them.
    Wrong! that doesnt happen anymore since we left the 32bit system behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekktra View Post
    I think it's because polls shows that the majority of the playerbase likes big numbers.
    I'm not asking why numbers are getting bigger, I'm asking why are numbers this big already so early in the expansion when there had just been a stat squish? Why not increase the numbers more slowly? Why is this so hard to understand for 99% of people in this thread. I never said big numbers are bad. I never said small numbers are bad. This is merely a question concerning the pacing of the stat increase. I almost have the suspicion Blizzard has already decided there will be a level squish in 9.0

And no, several raid difficulties does not mean that numbers have to go from 30 to 1500 in 2 raid tiers. The expansion isn't even over yet.
    Last edited by Carolus Rex; 2019-09-22 at 06:50 PM.

Wasn't there a stat squish right in BFA? I just reached 120 and got some benthic gear and my stats are as high as 1500 stamina on some pieces. What the fuck are they doing? Wouldn't they need another stat squish again right at the beginning of the next expansion? Why are they even doing this?
    Yeah, that's the point.

I'm not asking why numbers are getting bigger, I'm asking why are numbers this big already so early in the expansion when there had just been a stat squish? Why not increase the numbers more slowly? Why is this so hard to understand for 99% of people in this thread. I never said big numbers are bad. I never said small numbers are bad. This is merely a question concerning the pacing of the stat increase. I almost have the suspicion Blizzard has already decided there will be a level squish in 9.0

And no, several raid difficulties does not mean that numbers have to go from 30 to 1500 in 2 raid tiers. The expansion isn't even over yet.
    I did answer on topic! Big numbers is what Blizzard thinks players wants, that's why they're scaling it so insanely already.

15+ Year Old Account
    And no, several raid difficulties does not mean numbers have to go from 30 to 1500 in 2 raid tiers. The expansion isn't even over yet.
    It isn't that extreme. It is because of the item level increase per raid tier.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=160690/...onus=4798:1477
    https://ptr.wowhead.com/item=168275/...onus=4798:1487

G'huun (first tier) vs Azshara (third tier)

We are on the third raid tier. Numbers haven't increased by a ton between the 3 tiers. When each tier is created so their respective difficulties are "upgrades" then it creates a larger gap. There really is no reason to even care though because numbers are relative. As usual though you get several answers and insult everyone who doesn't type what you want.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how people have given you plenty of CORRECT and VALID answers and yet you don't accept any of them and reply with a condescending and insulting tone.
    Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekktra View Post
    I did answer on topic! Big numbers is what Blizzard thinks players wants, that's why they're scaling it so insanely already.
    But big numbers will turn into small numbers again once they are too big. It's a reset cycle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    We are on the third raid tier.
    No, we are not. Uldir and Atal'dazor are one raid tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by m4xc4v413r4 View Post
    I love how people have given you plenty of CORRECT and VALID answers and yet you don't accept any of them and reply with a condescending and insulting tone.
    Good luck with that.
    Many people have not read and understood what I have said and that includes you, and frankly, you aren't worth my time.

Basically because Blizzard can't control power scaling to save their lives.

It's so amazing that when this conversation has been brought up in the past, people seemed genuinely confused about what I meant when I said that our damage didn't need to increase by thousands of percent over the course of an expansion's lifetime. Seriously, it's comically ridiculous and a big reason why this titan/warforging feels so bad, because 20 ilvls can nearly double your DPS. Stats have way too much value in modern WoW.

People talk about how we need every-other-expansion stat squishes but we only need them because the game can't control its power scaling. If the developers had a lick of sense then maybe we wouldn't have to do this all the damn time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Because of the way raid gear scales.

It's not really a thing I think they can ever fix if they want to make the gear from each raid more important than the gear from the previous raid.
    they could just remove, LFRtards, heroic and mythic, set the game back to "hard" by default.
    which is what started this extreme power scaling in wrath when there were 4 modes per raid creating tiers within tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Basically because Blizzard can't control power scaling to save their lives.

It's so amazing that when this conversation has been brought up in the past, people seemed genuinely confused about what I meant when I said that our damage didn't need to increase by thousands of percent over the course of an expansion's lifetime. Seriously, it's comically ridiculous and a big reason why this titan/warforging feels so bad, because 20 ilvls can nearly double your DPS. Stats have way too much value in modern WoW.

People talk about how we need every-other-expansion stat squishes but we only need them because the game can't control its power scaling. If the developers had a lick of sense then maybe we wouldn't have to do this all the damn time.
    Blizzard had no problems controlling it in previous expansions, this seems intentional.

What? Uldir was the first tier, "Atal'dazor" isnt even a tier, second tier was Battle of Dazar'alor , CoS was a mid tier raid and Eternal Palace is the third one, which is the current 1, you are just dumb.

That's just a flat out lie.
    You should get your information straight before you call people liars. It just makes you look like a fool.

Fact is that this has been happening for at least 3 expansions now, and to a lesser degree (because the 4th difficulty was only added with Siege of Orgrimmar) for about 2 more before that.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2019-09-22 at 07:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, we are not. Uldir and Atal'dazor are one raid tier.Many people have not read and understood what I have said and that includes you, and frankly, you aren't worth my time.
    So why does normal Uldir start at 355 and normal Dazar'alor start at 385? They are different tiers. Atal'dazor is a dungeon so that may be why your comparison is off if that simply wasn't a typo. Normal Crucible starts at 390+. That is close enough to be considered the same tier as Dazar'alor. Before you insult people you may want to make sure you information is correct.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Blizzard had no problems controlling it in previous expansions, this seems intentional.
    nah, this was always a problem going forward from wrath.
    it became worse when they stupidly ended up making boss health pools bigger then the maximum integer the game's 16bit engine could hold.

the squishes have only caused more problems at lower lvls by fucking up the scaling of stats and mob's health.

as long as we have 4 raid difficulties and warforging stat inflation will always be a problem
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    You should get your information straight before you call people liars. It just makes you look like a fool.

Fact is that this has been happening for at least 3 expansions now, and to a lesser degree (because the 4th difficulty was only added with Siege of Orgrimmar) for about 2 more before that.
    Yeah exactly. So why do we go from 30 to 1500 in 2 raid tiers? That never happened before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    nah, this was always a problem going forward from wrath.
    it became worse when they stupidly ended up making boss health pools bigger then the maximum integer the game's 16bit engine could hold.

the squishes have only caused more problems at lower lvls by fucking up the scaling of stats and mob's health.
    Stats increased. But not as fast as this. They went from Classic to WoD before we needed the first squish, then two expansions before we needed the second squish at the beginning of BFA. Now the expansion isn't even over and numbers are almost as big again. Sorry if you fail to see this.

Um...no. The second one isn't a raid, it is a dungeon.

• Tier 1 of BfA = Uldir with gear starting at 340 and ending at 385.
    • Tier 2 of BfA = Battle for Dazar'alor with gear starting at 370 and ending at 415
    • Extra Raid (Not enough bosses to really be a tier) = Crucible of Storms starting at 375 and ending at 420
    • Tier 3 of BfA = The Eternal Palace with gear starting at 400 and ending at 445

Also where are you getting 1500 stamina?

Uldir LFR gear is at 556 Stamina and The Etneral Palace is at 1,053 Stamina (using the leg slot as an example). This is also both pieces being Mythic. So if anything it's under doubling at the moment. Which is on par for any expansion.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2019-09-22 at 07:20 PM.