Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliKat View Post
    I saw a Druid out trolling people at an Azorite spit today with 950k health. I laughed and laughed until he swiped me, stun locked me, and then started hitting me with that goddamn moonfire shit...

Stat squishes are a normal part of long sustained MMOs. Do you really think it’d be fun to try and PvP a bear tank or DK tank with 100M health?
    If your damage is similarly scaled? I don't see the issue. And if it isn't, that's a balance issue, not a big numbers issue.

You're misblaming something that doesn't have anything to do with your actual problem.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Large stamina is the result of filling a problem in game design. The rest of the stats are not overly inflated nor is stamina that great over what we started out at. I can assure you that Blizzard is far more intelligent in game design then you will attribute to them.
    Indeed, they are smart no doubt, but they also suffer from a lot of short term thinking which is evident throughout the game. And stats are still messed up. Agility for example, which is meant to be a Rogue's primary god stat ... is so low compared to the so-called "secondary" stats, that it is now the least desirable stat by a good margin.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Indeed, they are smart no doubt, but they also suffer from a lot of short term thinking which is evident throughout the game. And stats are still messed up. Agility for example, which is meant to be a Rogue's primary god stat ... is so low compared to the so-called "secondary" stats, that it is now the least desirable stat by a good margin.
    Agility and secondary stats do not even compete on gear. Secondary stats have always been the important stats to shoot for because the primary stats are gained by virtue of getting items in the first place. And of course they suffer from short term thinking because they need solutions in the short term to provide gameplay. They can't wait 1-2 expansions for most things to work out. They try to fix it. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Look at Demonology warlocks and how long it took to get them to a good spot. That isn't bad game design in the slightest. Even more so when things generally change per expansion anyways.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus Rex View Post
    Many people have not read and understood what I have said and that includes you, and frankly, you aren't worth my time.
    And that's why you're the one banned right now ahahah

It is a normal result of having 15 years of WoW. In classic there was only one raid difficulty, which increased to what we have nowadays. LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic. And every single difficulty needs to have better gear than the previous one, otherwise there would be no reason to do Mythic if you could get the same gear in LFR.
    Then there is the fact that every single addon has to increase your characters power by such an extend that the previous raids become irrelevant. Otherwise you would not do the new ones for better gear. Not to mention the fact that the "green geared pleb" should also be able to start the next addon without having to grind the old raids.

As such you will have "big numbers" relatively quickly. And when it comes to the Legion squish: Yes, they did that. But they didn't reduce it back down to the classic level. They only reduced it back down to a level where it takes one or two addons to get out of control again. (Although, doing around 55k dps on a single target fight is not that much of a number).

What they need to do for a meaningful stat squish is a: the squish itself (obviously) and b: reduce the level of raid difficulties. Because think about it. Let us say you have a squish at the beginning of Legion. Since then we got EN, Trial, NH, Tomb, Antorus, Uldir, BoD, Crucible and EP. That are 36 different difficulties and every single one has better gear than the previous one. Leading to a fast increase of numbers and values.