Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why dont people focus healers?

I still can never figure this one out. People would rather attack a DPS and literally do ZERO damage than focus the healer thats keeping him topped off. If you just wanna run around and tunnel people I guess thats fine since you can play the way you want to. However, what fun is it beating on a guy who stays full health the entire time? The end result is you are gonna die and he stays 100% health. I dont see how that could be fun for anyone. Or do some people just enjoying not contributing anything to a fight?

10+ Year Old Account
    In theory, it's best to just keep the healer stunlocked (What with interupts, CCs and whatnot) and kill the DPS then it is to keep the DPS stunlocked and kill the healer, especially since healers can dispel most CCs.

Heck, as a Feral, I can keep a healer locked out for nearly 20 seconds by myself, more then enough time to kill several other damage dealers
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Especially in bfa trash pvp where you need to pop 4 cds and a 20second rotation to get the healer to 40% health

You’re one of those melee that keep breaking my sheep’s when I spam it on the healers, aren’t you?

Depends on the comp of course, but depending on the healer and what players you have, it’s way easier just to lock down a healer, especially when there’s multiple. The worst is when there’s 2-3 healers and all 3 of them have someone trying to solo them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    However, what fun is it beating on a guy who stays full health the entire time? The end result is you are gonna die and he stays 100% health. I dont see how that could be fun for anyone. Or do some people just enjoying not contributing anything to a fight?
    That's how it feels when I focus a healer rather than chain CCing them and killing their DPS.

If someone who is tunneling DPS can't move their hp under 90% because a healer is healing him, chances are that switching to healer will result with healer never going under 90% hp.

Sure, if healer is bad, then switching to him is a good idea. If he is skilled however, he will kite you or use his defensives properly, and won't be easy to kill at all either.

Winning a fight when there is an enemy healer involved isn't always as simple as switching to him. Just look at higher 3v3 arena games, where (depending on healer's class) tunnelling healer is hardly ever the best approach. In fact, tunneling anyone is usually a bad idea, because it usaully makes it easy to predict what you are doing.

Healing in pvp need to be reduced by 50% to make it even remotely fun to play.

I still can never figure this one out. People would rather attack a DPS and literally do ZERO damage than focus the healer thats keeping him topped off. If you just wanna run around and tunnel people I guess thats fine since you can play the way you want to. However, what fun is it beating on a guy who stays full health the entire time? The end result is you are gonna die and he stays 100% health. I dont see how that could be fun for anyone. Or do some people just enjoying not contributing anything to a fight?
    Because in a BG-enviroment if you focus the healer then the DPS will slaughter all of you.
    The best strat is to CC the healer with communication and focus-kill the dps.
    If you are playing random bgs then just stop crying about strats because its a mashup of new and old players that are there for different reasons.
    Some are just testing macros, some are testing their newly dinged character and some are just hunting for the random dumb weekly and nobody really cares about strats.

Go premade or stop playing
    Last edited by Appelgren; 2019-09-23 at 04:31 AM.

Cause attacking a healer and interrupting it requires thinking and we know a good majority never do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    Especially in bfa trash pvp where you need to pop 4 cds and a 20second rotation to get the healer to 40% health
    Yeah BFA is particularly bad when it comes to that.

'why dont people focus on healers'

well, i kinda miss the setting here

are we talking arena? bg's? world pvp?

in arena it depends a LOT on the comp you're playing and facing. a melee cleave can do great pressure on a healer and it could be their default target
    a spellcleave may want to dot everything and make it unheallable at some point
    other classes may focus on 1 dps target only

in battlegrounds it is sometimes very good to focus on a squishy dps (dk for example) and cc the healers / using interrupts

i think you are talking about bg's here. so, i would advise to be creative and dont tunnel on focusing down a healer only. what will happen to the remaining enemy team? are you just going to let them sit on you? no, you probably want to use cc also. you dont mention this at all and so i think you are missing the bigger picture here: there is not a golden rule for winning - it really depends on your team and the enemy team
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    'why dont people focus on healers'

well, i kinda miss the setting here

are we talking arena? bg's? world pvp?

in arena it depends a LOT on the comp you're playing and facing. a melee cleave can do great pressure on a healer and it could be their default target
    a spellcleave may want to dot everything and make it unheallable at some point
    other classes may focus on 1 dps target only

in battlegrounds it is sometimes very good to focus on a squishy dps (dk for example) and cc the healers / using interrupts

i think you are talking about bg's here. so, i would advise to be creative and dont tunnel on focusing down a healer only. what will happen to the remaining enemy team? are you just going to let them sit on you? no, you probably want to use cc also. you dont mention this at all and so i think you are missing the bigger picture here: there is not a golden rule for winning - it really depends on your team and the enemy team
    I always say for them to focus healers and because sometimes they don't on bgs, i just go and get healer busy with interrupts and damaging him so he gets less brain cells with someone attacking him and focusing on running to stop me being a total asshole, while my teammates are giving healers a bad time dropping dps health.

Usually works and i end up killing the healer cause he gets tired of running and after my teammates end up killing dps they come help me down healer after that. The downside of this is when the healer says "get rid of this dps that is annoying me" and they all come to me and dps me down and i get out of the picture

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    I always say for them to focus healers and because sometimes they don't on bgs, i just go and get healer busy with interrupts and damaging him so he gets less brain cells with someone attacking him and focusing on running to stop me being a total asshole, while my teammates are giving healers a bad time dropping dps health.

Usually works and i end up killing the healer cause he gets tired of running and after my teammates end up killing dps they come help me down healer after that. The downside of this is when the healer says "get rid of this dps that is annoying me" and they all come to me and dps me down and i get out of the picture
    that sounds like a tactic that mostly works in non rated bg's
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

that sounds like a tactic that mostly works in non rated bg's
    Yes on normal bgs. Ofc, on rated that would not work at all. I Did RBGS alot back in cata and i remember just one hitting on healer wouldn't do anything cause as well they usually had more than 1 healer, sometimes in normal bgs they don't have a healer or just have 1, so i can do that.

In a team for RBG's, the best way to work against healers is when the leader says who to attack and all attack it. So much people attacking even a healer having more healers in it, makes their hp drop really fast. But needs to be all in the same guy. Or it won't work, healers will heal each other if it's just 1 or 2 dps on him.

There is always the option of calling out the healer in chat. If that fails though, if it's in random BG's I would just DPS them and silence if they're about to die. If you try to CC in a random and there are other people AoEing or attacking them than you're not going to be able to keep them CC'd. It would be more effective to CC a DPS if they start calling you out to their group, too. Usually the ones that have 0 deaths are a good bet. CCing the top DPS then immediately silencing the healer is probably a good if you can manage it, but I agree with others about the healer dispels. So it would definitely have to be at a time when the healer couldn't dispel.

If you're in a random group against a pre-made chances are you're not going to beat them.

Another option is you could just cause as much damage to as many people as possible as quickly as possible so that they OOM.
    "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

Most people in BG's fight anything that moves.
    A lot of players also have yet to figure out to show enemy nameplates.

Which in turn results in heals getting away with a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Yes on normal bgs. Ofc, on rated that would not work at all. I Did RBGS alot back in cata and i remember just one hitting on healer wouldn't do anything cause as well they usually had more than 1 healer, sometimes in normal bgs they don't have a healer or just have 1, so i can do that.

In a team for RBG's, the best way to work against healers is when the leader says who to attack and all attack it. So much people attacking even a healer having more healers in it, makes their hp drop really fast. But needs to be all in the same guy. Or it won't work, healers will heal each other if it's just 1 or 2 dps on him.
    That just doesn't work in random bg's. People do whatever they want and even get aggressive when others tell them what to do.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

That just doesn't work in random bg's. People do whatever they want and even get aggressive when others tell them what to do.
    Rbgs means rated bgs

Same reason people don't interrupt spellcasters in general. Too busy tunneling and not paying attention.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

It s hard to focus all the time!