Poll: The Deceiver Vs The Empress

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    "I would say that I am waiting for you to do the same, but I know that this is hopeless."

"The thing is that I am objective and follow the lore without fanaticism for the Scourge or the Legion, like someone on this forum." D:

"And by the way, they did not dissipate the energy of the sword. They swallowed it and that's why they broke. After you absorb the energy of the sword, your artifact is pumped randomly. There was too much energy, the artifacts overloaded and broke. This does not make them equal to the sword. This makes them powerful enough to absorb its energy. They would be equal only if the artifacts were able to dissipate the energy of the sword, not absorb it."

Definition of Dissipate: (with reference to a feeling or other intangible thing) disappear or cause to disappear.

By absorbing the power of Sargeras' Blade, and by having them shut down in the process, Sargeras' Blade's power is gone. It disappeared, thanks the Artifacts absorbing it.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    "I would say that I am waiting for you to do the same, but I know that this is hopeless."

"The thing is that I am objective and follow the lore without fanaticism for the Scourge or the Legion, like someone on this forum." D:

"And by the way, they did not dissipate the energy of the sword. They swallowed it and that's why they broke. After you absorb the energy of the sword, your artifact is pumped randomly. There was too much energy, the artifacts overloaded and broke. This does not make them equal to the sword. This makes them powerful enough to absorb its energy. They would be equal only if the artifacts were able to dissipate the energy of the sword, not absorb it."

Definition of Dissipate: (with reference to a feeling or other intangible thing) disappear or cause to disappear.

By absorbing the power of Sargeras' Blade, and by having them shut down in the process, Sargeras' Blade's power is gone. It disappeared, thanks the Artifacts absorbing it.
    They swallowed it and broke down due to a huge excess of energy. This means that there was too much energy for artifacts. And, as I said, absorbing and dispersing is not the same thing. If the artifacts had scattered its power, then yes, I would have recognized them equal to the sword in power.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    You took a quote from Wowpedia, not from a book. There is not a word about Kil'jaeden http://bookre.org/reader?file=1243216&pg=393
    First line
    The sentence I copied down is in the reference part down at wowwiki (from where it came). They put the source in it, take a look in there (The Sundering, page 310).

Can't check your link, says its unsafe for work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    no, that's a false statement.

remove Kil'jaeden and matched is ridiculous for the share fact that Sargeras is in that sentence.
    Well it was said in an oficial book so its not up to us to say its a false statement. My personal belief is that he is definitly wrong about Sargeras though.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    The sentence I copied down is in the reference part down at wowwiki (from where it came). They put the source in it, take a look in there (The Sundering, page 310).

- - - Updated - - -

Well it was said in an oficial book so its not up to us to say its a false statement. My personal belief is that he is definitly wrong about Sargeras though.
    but it's wrong though.

you can go and read the book yourself.

it literally doesn't say matched.

but it's wrong though.

you can go and read the book yourself.

it literally doesn't say matched.
    Really? How is it written? I assumed that a sentence put in there with a source would be right, my bad then even if its their mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Really? How is it written? I assumed that a sentence put in there with a source would be right, my bad then even if its their mistake.
    The passage from that page of "The Sundering" is as follows:
    "But though he came close, Mannoroth faltered at the end. It was not because of any sudden notion that Sargeras might still desire the silver-haired creature to live. Rather, Mannoroth discovered that here was a force against which only his lord and Archimonde would prove superior. Try as might, the demon would have found it easier to throttle himself than the queen."
    Basically 2 main points:
    1.) Mannoroth believes his lord (presumably Sargeras as mentioned) and Archimonde would prove superior.
    2.) Mannoroth is speaking solely from his own perspective, which is less than an ironclad or objective fact.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

"Rather, Mannoroth discovered that here was a force against which only his lord and Archimonde would prove superior".

"Rather, Mannoroth discovered that here was a force against which only his lord and Archimonde would prove superior".
    Thanks for providing the right sentence! Can you edit the wowiki page or do you know of anyone that can? Someone should fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The passage from that page of "The Sundering" is as follows:

Basically 2 main points:
    1.) Mannoroth believes his lord (presumably Sargeras as mentioned) and Archimonde would prove superior.
    2.) Mannoroth is speaking solely from his own perspective, which is less than an ironclad or objective fact.
    Thanks as well for the reply! Yeah, its no doubt his point of view but I supose he should know them well right?

Can you edit the wowiki page or do you know of anyone that can? Someone should fix it.
    on WoWpedia, it says superior so it's alright.

athough Kil'jaeden should be removed but whatever.