Classic question....

Hiya

I'm curious about warrior in level60 - My guild don't need more tanks, so I'm going dps...

But is it really just Fure warriors that are viable?

I can't find a single suggestion on an Arms build for level60 dps...

Thoughts?

Thanks for answers in advance

You can certainly play arms in PVE but the damage output potential with fury is much higher. As arms you will probably play middle of the pack, however it will do better than fury until you have the hit gear needed for fury to work.

There are plenty of sites with arms build, you're not really gonna see much difference between a leveling/pvp build and a pve build.

The main issue as I understand it is Mortal Strike. You can't use it in large raids due to debuff limits, and it's your hardest hitting ability.
    I've read about 2handed Fury being quite excellent until you get the hit gear, which is pretty scarce in P1 (Band of Acuria is infamously rare so you're basically stuck with Blackstone band, Rune of the guard captain and maybe 2-3 off pieces with hit that really doesn't cut it.)
    Whatever you do, good luck. The game isn't hard and dedication wins people over more than your spec.
    You could even try something like https://classicdb.ch/?talent#LhhxzIbZVVzA0xoVo which utilizes BT instead of MS.
    My 2cents.

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    The main issue as I understand it is Mortal Strike. You can't use it in large raids due to debuff limits, and it's your hardest hitting ability.
    I've read about 2handed Fury being quite excellent until you get the hit gear, which is pretty scarce in P1 (Band of Acuria is infamously rare so you're basically stuck with Blackstone band, Rune of the guard captain and maybe 2-3 off pieces with hit that really doesn't cut it.)
    Whatever you do, good luck. The game isn't hard and dedication wins people over more than your spec.
    You could even try something like https://classicdb.ch/?talent#LhhxzIbZVVzA0xoVo which utilizes BT instead of MS.
    My 2cents.
    It doesn't matter what spec you play. As long as you are wielding a single weapon (1-hand + shield or 2-hand) it only needs 9% hit chance to get to the hard hit cap. A 2-hand fury needs a completely different gear setup than a dual wield fury.

As an orc with axes or human with swords/maces it only takes 6% hit chance for the hard hit cap while 2-handed.
    Last edited by Millyraynge; 2019-09-24 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaros View Post
    Hiya

I'm curious about warrior in level60 - My guild don't need more tanks, so I'm going dps...

Thoughts?

Arms isn't viable at all, however there is such a thing called 2h fury which is viable until around BWL(when significantly better 1h weapons drop). If you need any tips on playing Fury, feel free to shoot me a message, I'm more than willing to help you out and answer further questions you may have.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

People don't want Arms in PVE because while the dps is fine you have to consider Mortal Strike uses a debuff slot (16 is the limit). Unless you specifically want a healing debuff on the mob/boss you're being a bit of a nuisance by using it. Setting that aside it, Fury does more dps than Arms regardless of what weapons you use, 2h or Dual Wield.

So to summarize

Arms = Nuisance to raid with "fine" dps
    Fury DW = Extremely strong dps, no downsides
    Fury 2h = Very strong dps, no downsides.

Wouldn't play 2h dps as Alliance though, Windfury is life.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2019-10-06 at 01:20 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaros View Post
    Hiya

Thoughts?

Fury warriors are the TOP dps once they get some gear.
    AIm to get hit capped before anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHorner View Post
    Fury warriors are the TOP dps once they get some gear.
    AIm to get hit capped before anything else.
    And Blizz themselves acknowledged that back then I can recall. Arms is better at first glance (up to BWL), then Fury is the best all the way to the end up to T3 gear.

agreed, arms is much better up to BWL.

Quote Originally Posted by SIKELOL View Post
    agreed, arms is much better up to BWL.
    That's complete nonsense, Fury is completely dominating the logs on MC/Ony. Even if using a 2hander it's better to be Fury, there isn't some situation where in low end gear Arms is somehow better. People seem to take the idea of Fury scaling better as meaning that it starts off weak, when it starts off incredibly strong and gets stronger.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Don't ever raid as arms if pure dps. mortal strike eats a debuff slot

15+ Year Old Account
    PvE basic raid rule
    Alliance: dual wield fury
    Horde: 2-hand/dual wield fury
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.