Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    You realize that’s like telling me to call Donald Trump personally because I disagree with his policies, right? What a completely pointless suggestion. Further, your analogy is terrible because you’re comparing something tangible with something intangible. There is merit to speculative reporting like what this company provides but the main source of my skepticism is that this article is extremely editorialized. Players will only read the title, draw incomplete conclusions and go on to use this article to support imaginary arguments (mainly Classic is somehow “defeating” retail).

    If you need proof of this, count the number of smug Classic fans in this very thread bragging about how great it is to be a Classic fan.
    Translation: "I don't like this, so its not true!"

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Next Q is in December (T_T) i cant wait for it...its going to be glorious!
    What?
    Q3 reporting is early November. Has been for the last 3 years.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    What?
    Q3 reporting is early November. Has been for the last 3 years.
    I could swear we got a Q not long ago.

    I think the quarters depend from company to company. In Blizzards case is every...4 months.

    I could be completely wrong, but i think this is the case.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I could swear we got a Q not long ago.

    I think the quarters depend from company to company. In Blizzards case is every...4 months.

    I could be completely wrong, but i think this is the case.
    A quarter is one-fourth. So, you report 4 times every year. Some companies operate on calendar year, so their quarters are Q1 - January to March, Q2 April to June, Q3 July to September, Q4 Octobe to December. Other companies might operate on their own fiscal calendar, in which case the dates might vary (it's mostly companies that work in seasonal business, like tourism etc).
    Last edited by TwoMana; 2019-09-26 at 05:22 AM.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Question is...how did they get this information?
    only they know
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    And how much can we trust this site?
    ofc not only Blizzard has the data they are just making stuff up.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    223% new subs...is insane. More than triple.
    and its 100% bullshit

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    They estimated based on Data, this is not exactly a guess. Nielsen is pretty through usually.
    they guess, thats what they do they DONT HAVE any data.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Dude, 223% is insane! Its more than triple the original subs Blizzard had in July.

    I was part of many discussions pre Classic launch on this.
    Some thought the majority of Classic players would be "already paying" subs, with only a few "new subs".

    If this is true...classic more than TRIPLED BfA subs of July...that is insane.

    Lets see if this can hold until December...for the actual Blizzard quarterly results...i cant wait for December, man.
    revenue and subcount is not the same thing.

    If a player who started playing for classic bought a 6month sub. Thats 6x the revenue for that one month.

    So the real amount of new players is somewhere between 37% and 223%. But since we dont no the ratio of who ordered 6month vs 3months vs1month its really hard to tell with this little data.

    There is also the possibility of ppl activating their account earlier.

    and lastly, subscription revenue isnt nessicary equal from month to month even from the bfa crowd. It could be that july is a lower than average month simply because many players maybe started their 6month running sub on another month. (it will draw money the same two months every year until canceld).

    In all likelyhood, september should be considerably lower than august, simply because everyone who bought either a 3month or a 6month sub in august wont be bying any sub at all in september.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2019-09-26 at 06:00 AM.
    "My brother thinks I'm crazy to play the same game for years. He doesn't understand. I plan to play it for the rest of my life."

  7. #107
    Old God Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    10,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I could swear we got a Q not long ago.

    I think the quarters depend from company to company. In Blizzards case is every...4 months.

    I could be completely wrong, but i think this is the case.
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/activ...012421107.html

    August... Next one is 14 November.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    If I mathed badly, correct figures are easy enough to plop in.
    You mathed badly because you did not read the claim accurately. The claim is not about growth, it is about subscription revenue. The subscription revenue increased by 223% according to their estimations.

    Now, there is a lot of thing to consider here. A lot of people in retail dont pay monthly subscriptions, rather they use a longer subscription plan. There has been a few promotions and other stuff that probably affect the month to month subscription revenue depending on which months people signed their longer subscription plans in. Depending on this information, which we dont really have, it would mean that classic had a smaller or bigger impact. On the other side of things, a lot of people coming back for classic probably signed 1 month subscriptions which has a higher monthly cost. So it is important to note that subscriber revenue is not a direct correlation to subscriber count as different plans have different cost.
    Last edited by Milfshaked; 2019-09-26 at 11:20 AM.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Milfshaked View Post
    So it is important to note that subscriber revenue is not a direct correlation to subscriber count as different plans have different cost.
    Sure, but between the low proportion of multi-month subscriptions and drop in per-month revenue from those plans, you have the 23% that I rounded down and out of the operation to get 15 from 5. The point was to visualize a monthly increase. That's even before you explain your way around SuperData's own conclusion of "WoW Classic drives a huge jump in subscribers."

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    Sure, but between the low proportion of multi-month subscriptions and drop in per-month revenue from those plans, you have the 23% that I rounded down and out of the operation to get 15 from 5. The point was to visualize a monthly increase. That's even before you explain your way around SuperData's own conclusion of "WoW Classic drives a huge jump in subscribers."
    A 223% increase is a pretty huge jump. I dont know what you would call trippling your revenue.

    But again, SuperData never spoke about subscribers. They spoke about subscriber revenue. Two different things.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    only they know

    ofc not only Blizzard has the data they are just making stuff up.

    - - - Updated - - -


    and its 100% bullshit

    - - - Updated - - -


    they guess, thats what they do they DONT HAVE any data.
    They have Data, it's a market research.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    They have Data, it's a market research.
    no, they DONT have the DATA. Stop with this BULLSHIT. The only ones(!) who have this data are BLIZZARD.
    these crap guys just make guesses up nothing more.

  13. #113
    The Lightbringer Lazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Your Moms House
    Posts
    3,312
    Really not surprising. Classic is a full fledged RPG, BfA is just a gambling simulator with some rly atrocious in-your-face story.
    The greatest ever thread on MMO-Champion

    I work a lot, fuck my life.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    no, they DONT have the DATA. Stop with this BULLSHIT. The only ones(!) who have this data are BLIZZARD.
    these crap guys just make guesses up nothing more.
    You are objectively wrong. They have a lot of data, they can see traffic through online algorythms, they have insider info, they are not guessing blindly. You can check their methodology on their webpage and buy their full report. They are not a random blogger. They don't have THE data of subs, but they can check and cross reference with what they got and get a pretty close estimate based on their data.

    You are misinformed of what a market research is and how it works.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    You are objectively wrong.
    and you are factually wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    They have a lot of data
    as none of them work for Blizzard they DONT have the data Blizzard has and thats a fact
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    , they can see traffic through online algorythms,
    aka they ARE guessing
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    They don't have THE data of subs, but they can check and cross reference with what they got and get a pretty close estimate based on their data.
    they dont have they data so all they can do is estimate aka GUESS thanks for finally admiting that all they do is GUESSING....


    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    You are misinformed of what a market research is and how it works.
    you seem to be a blind fanboi. fact is they ARE guessing (even you admited it) because they DONT have the real data that Blizzard has and they DONT have insiders working for Blizzard giving them data cause Blizzard employes are not allowed to do that *facepalm*

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    and you are factually wrong
    as none of them work for Blizzard they DONT have the data Blizzard has and thats a fact
    aka they ARE guessing
    they dont have they data so all they can do is estimate aka GUESS thanks for finally admiting that all they do is GUESSING....



    you seem to be a blind fanboi. fact is they ARE guessing (even you admited it) because they DONT have the real data that Blizzard has and they DONT have insiders working for Blizzard giving them data cause Blizzard employes are not allowed to do that *facepalm*
    Again, this is a market research from a respected company, you are blind if you think that they dont have any data nor any reports on the industry that can give them a lot of insight on what is happening. This is not a random blog, they sell the full report for a lot of money. If you TRULY think that they are just guessing out of nowhere, tricking everyone and have no data whatsoever from their algorithms and other reports, there is zero reason to continue this discussion.

    The fact that you are equating random guesses with informed estimates is pretty dishonest, they are NOT the same. They have not pulled this number out of their asses. An informed opinion is not the same as a misinformed opinion.

    How much the report got right is up for debate, but to say that it's outright guessing and to handwave it away is pure insanity.

    I'm not a fanboy, I just know how a market research and reports works. Maybe you should do the same, educate yourself and drop the tinfoil hat.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

  17. #117
    ActiBlizz stocks soared because of the increased sub count relating to WoW classic. Is the 223% figure accurate? Doubtful, but WoW picked up a ton of subs that were former players returning to play classic.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    you seem to be a blind fanboi. fact is they ARE guessing (even you admited it) because they DONT have the real data that Blizzard has and they DONT have insiders working for Blizzard giving them data cause Blizzard employes are not allowed to do that *facepalm*
    Phew, thank god. Someone call the press, cambridge analytica wasn't as bad as everyone thought. After all, turns out they didn't have a chip in everyone's brain exactly measuring how they would actually vote! So they were just guessing!

    :facepalm:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •