Anything negative about questing in a different races zone?

So I am rolling a Night Elf, but I plan on questing in the Human areas.

Are there any negatives about skipping all the quests, faction and what not for the Night Elfs as one and going into the Human areas for leveling?

You will not be honored with darnassus so you wont get the mount riding skill and mount discount.

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post

Are there any negatives about skipping all the quests, faction and what not for the Night Elfs as one and going into the Human areas for leveling?
    No, I do it all the time. I much prefer the human area so move all of my characters there once I get out of the starting area. I prefer the undead area so move my horde there after the starting area.

Every now and then you might get a class specific quest that may require you to go back to your faction area but not much.

Quote Originally Posted by derien View Post
    You will not be honored with darnassus so you wont get the mount riding skill and mount discount.
    Mount discount I don't mind, unless we're talking a MAJOR discount?

Also by won't get the mount riding skill, meaning I won't be able to learn to ride mounts unless I reach honored with Darnass? (Or do i just need to get honored with any race city?

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post

Rep towards your capitol to get cheaper mount or no trainer if you're a druid are about all I can think of. Getting discounted riding and a mount is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    Rep towards your capitol to get cheaper mount or no trainer if you're a druid are about all I can think of. Getting discounted riding and a mount is fantastic.
    Doesn't patch 1.12 have it where you can buy a riding skill and use a mount from any faction? (I haven't bothered to level to 40 yet).

i.e. if a NE levesl in human areas and gets honored with human faction can't the NE buy riding skill from human vendor and buy a horse? I thought they did that in 1.12.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhanzai View Post
    Doesn't patch 1.12 have it where you can buy a riding skill and use a mount from any faction? (I haven't bothered to level to 40 yet).

i.e. if a NE levesl in human areas and gets honored with human faction can't the NE buy riding skill from human vendor and buy a horse? I thought they did that in 1.12.
    Pretty sure I have Kodo Riding from the Tauren as a Tauren and you needed to be exalted with a city to ride their mounts. I could double check tonight, but I am pretty sure that wasn't changed until BC or WOTLK.

I don't think so for the Alliance and it's actually recommended if you are an Undead for example

If you are a hunter, your class quest to tame a pet at 10 can only be done in teldrasil.

Also, there might not be a class trainer. I know there is a hunter trainer in the dwarven district and a druid trainer in the park, but ull have to run to sw to train there and not goldshire.

The run itself kinda sucks, but there is a skip to wetlands.

As others mentioned, you might not get to honored before 40 so you'll miss the 10% discount which is like 10 gold.

Quote Originally Posted by derien View Post
    Besides that I don't think there is any downside though.

5+ Year Old Account
    I thought Mount prices were the same across the board as far as rep goes?
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    I thought Mount prices were the same across the board as far as rep goes?
    It is not. Below honored it totals up to 100g, while it is "only" 90g if you are honored.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    It is not. Below honored it totals up to 100g, while it is "only" 90g if you are honored.
    Also just to add on to this even tho its not relevant, after p2, you can get another 10% discount by hitting and maintaining rank 3

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Right but revered and exalted do not affect prices correct?
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    No major downsides other than the Darnassus rep you'll lose out on, as other people have mentioned.

Well, that, and I guess Teldrassil to Stormwind as a < level 5 night elf is probably a hell of a death run unless you can get a summon or a port or something. Running through Wetlands would be the hardest stretch.