Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    There's a huge thread about this very subject on Reddit right now.

Using terrain exploits is bannable.
    If Blizz doesn’t like it, they should hotfix it. Seriously, I’m supposed to guess what kind of shit they don’t like?

5+ Year Old Account
    Nonsense. One outsourced gm saying so doesn't make it so.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Nonsense. One outsourced gm saying so doesn't make it so.
    "This GM just gave me a warning, but he's just a GM so fuck him and his information"

Dis gonna end well.

Pretty sure we managed to ban 2 players (horde ofc) who were doing it for hours in Gadgetzan (on the roof of the cage). In the end most alliance started reporting and they suddenly disappeared. Good riddance.

My point is: unless you want to get ban, don't terrain exploit.

And this is what happens when carebears all roll on pvp servers because some streamers made them popular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    100% you should and will be banned for this get over it
    No. You shouldn’t, and won’t. M’kay?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Why in the world would this be bannable? Get up there and kill him. I just- but- what in- I'm so confused! Why in the world would this even be considered an exploit? Would shooting a player and then running far enough away so guards deaggro an exploit? Jesus christ, carebears really don't belong in PvP servers at all.

Just. get. up. there. and. kill. him.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    This. It was very common in actual classic. Hell if I was flagged and someone attacked I'd run right to the FP and then once the heat died down you could snipe them from there if they were stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

100% different from what's being said. The OP was claiming simply attacking from the safety of the guards at the FP. You're describing terrain exploit as in something you shouldn't be able to reach. If that's what the OP is claiming they need to describe it better.

Edit: Going back I am 100% sure he isn't talking about what you're talking about since he edited to say "easy to get to spots like the Horde FP" which implies NOT what you're saying and what the OP is stating is not banable.
    Even though he didn't quote it, the person I responded to was clearly responding to the person who linked the icy veins article about terrain exploiting, not the OP. Just attacking from outside city limits is fine even if a bit sketchy because if you attack back near guards, they go after you. Either way it's all scummy pvp behavior, which just reinforces the reason I don't play on pvp servers, they don't want actual pvp, they just want free kills.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Why in the world would this be bannable? Get up there and kill him. I just- but- what in- I'm so confused! Why in the world would this even be considered an exploit? Would shooting a player and then running far enough away so guards deaggro an exploit? Jesus christ, carebears really don't belong in PvP servers at all.

Just. get. up. there. and. kill. him.
    The bannable offense is getting to places where guards can't reach due to pathing, guards are meant to deter pvp in neutral towns, getting around this is unintended gameplay, otherwise known as exploiting. If you have to run away from guards, that's not bannable.

However, I'd also like to mention that most people probably don't know the very specific methods to reach these spots, and by the time you even could get up there, you're likely dead. If you attack from the ground, guards kill you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ghays View Post
    If Blizz doesn’t like it, they should hotfix it. Seriously, I’m supposed to guess what kind of shit they don’t like?
    It's pretty easy, actually. Guards are meant to prevent pvp in neutral towns. This is common knowledge. If you prevent them from doing what they're meant to do, it's an exploit. It's like when guilds used exploits to prevent boss mechanics from happening, like LK or Yogg. If you do something to prevent the intended behavior of NPCs, it's pretty much always going to be an exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Even though he didn't quote it, the person I responded to was clearly responding to the person who linked the icy veins article about terrain exploiting, not the OP. Just attacking from outside city limits is fine even if a bit sketchy because if you attack back near guards, they go after you. Either way it's all scummy pvp behavior, which just reinforces the reason I don't play on pvp servers, they don't want actual pvp, they just want free kills.

- - - Updated - - -

The bannable offense is getting to places where guards can't reach due to pathing, guards are meant to deter pvp in neutral towns, getting around this is unintended gameplay, otherwise known as exploiting. If you have to run away from guards, that's not bannable.

However, I'd also like to mention that most people probably don't know the very specific methods to reach these spots, and by the time you even could get up there, you're likely dead. If you attack from the ground, guards kill you.

- - - Updated - - -

It's pretty easy, actually. Guards are meant to prevent pvp in neutral towns. This is common knowledge. If you prevent them from doing what they're meant to do, it's an exploit. It's like when guilds used exploits to prevent boss mechanics from happening, like LK or Yogg. If you do something to prevent the intended behavior of NPCs, it's pretty much always going to be an exploit.
    Its pretty easy. Killing guards in booty bay for Bloodsail Buccaneers reputation is not an exploit.

Ppl need to chill with the exploit "expertis"
    | Lenovo Legion5 17ACH6H | i7 8700K @ 4.7 GhZ| ASUS Rog Strix Z370-F GAMING | 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600MHz | 2 x Acer 27" Predator XB271HU | Fractal Design Meshify C | Master MasterLiquid ML360R WaterCooling | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1Tb | Asus RTX 2070 | EVGA 650W GQ | Steelseries Rival | Logitech G815 | Playstation 5 | Xbox Series X | Nintendo Switch

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it's a load of shit that this is bannable. that kind of stuff wasn't bannable at all in live, at any point in the game's history.

the only way you could get banned for it was if you were obviously somewhere that it was NOT physically possible to get to without some kind of fly hack.
    shush, you should be banned

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorraxe View Post
    Its pretty easy. Killing guards in booty bay for Bloodsail Buccaneers reputation is not an exploit.

Ppl need to chill with the exploit "expertis"
    No one ever said killing guards was an exploit. If you really can't tell the difference between using terrain to avoid guards and straight up killing them then I can't help you no matter how much I try to explain it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you find ways to avoid getting engaged just so you can sit there and snipe other players with no retaliation, then are you really meant to be on a PvP server if you can't PvP properly? Way I see it? Karma for being so bad that you have to exploit.

No one ever said killing guards was an exploit. If you really can't tell the difference between using terrain to avoid guards and straight up killing them then I can't help you no matter how much I try to explain it.
    You're right. I did read your last post and again and i understand what you meant. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Sometimes reading too fast is not that good.
    | Lenovo Legion5 17ACH6H | i7 8700K @ 4.7 GhZ| ASUS Rog Strix Z370-F GAMING | 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600MHz | 2 x Acer 27" Predator XB271HU | Fractal Design Meshify C | Master MasterLiquid ML360R WaterCooling | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1Tb | Asus RTX 2070 | EVGA 650W GQ | Steelseries Rival | Logitech G815 | Playstation 5 | Xbox Series X | Nintendo Switch

People did get short bans for this in Vanilla. Probably a small minority of the "offenders" actually got any kind of punishment, but some did.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    And this is what happens when carebears all roll on pvp servers because some streamers made them popular.
    lol, okay bro

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    It is when you're using exploits to do so.
    Using the Jump button to jump on top of a building is hardly an exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was doing this shit every single day for months in wotlk.

if this is bannable in classic, then classic is NOT classic.
    Classic is not vanilla where this occurred. Classic is classic and its entirely possible blizz changes or bans due to this. In no way is classic a 1 to 1 copy of vanilla.

IMO we should just let the community handle this. That's how it was back then. If a or a bunch of players ganks other by either just being a higher level or exploiting terrain you'd get more players from your own faction and kill em.

Battlegrounds is another question tho but open world should be just that... Open.

Myself I've "exploited" a balcony between the portals and the bank/AH in Ironforge as a horde, this didn't require any wall jumps but you had to jump to a small edge to get up there. It was our usual "I'm bored" spot in TBC for a few night untill a GM acually gave us a warning.
    Point is the first 3-4 night of us hanging around there engaging alot of alliance players in PvP it was mostly enjoyed by both sides as we were 3-5 players so we could get outnumberd pritty fast and the area could just be avoided by the allies if they didn't feel like participating.

Your explanation isn’t logical, and is somewhat lacking. My original post is correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    When I read shit like this thread Im like "OMG and these people wanted to play classic". Yeah griefing was allowed in classic and in every lame way possible. The fact that some of you are actively crying and complaining to GMs shows why classic is not and will never be able to recreate what vanilla was.

You play the original pvp of wow and you expect it to have the same condom like protection style you are used to in retail. Killed from behind? Call the GM. Someone owned your noob ass in pvp? How about report his name for change.

All this chickenshit approach and political correctness is what put a giant dick to wow over the years. PC players/white knights/SJWs and the like who seeked "justice and fairness" instead of freedom and fun.

GZ was like that in vanilla and whoever didn't fucking like it fucked off to a pve server or quit the game. I don't remember anyone whining to GMs and mind you I was and still am playing alliance and GZ was like hell for us. But we fought back we didn't call GMs to fight for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Its called griefing, it happened a lot in vanilla and if you are the one griefing its great fun because of all the reactions provoked by advocates of fair play kindness for all etc.

Mind you it can also be great fun for the "victims" of such griefing if they just decide to play the damn game instead of searching "where the fuck did they put the report button".

Modern wow players cant have fun because they are too busy reporting each other.
    Well, soyboys will be soyboys.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I had someone do this to me in winterspring using the corner of the room of the bank to cast spells, but I don't see why it's bannable. It's no different than a level 60 spawn camping you; It's a dick move but you can deal with it by going to the spot yourself or getting a high level friend.

Maybe i'm wrong and it's worse than what I had to deal with in winterspring in other places though?
    In Everlook you don't use some terrain exploit, you are just out of range of guards. Since getting patterns from Qia is so stupid, it is always great to reduce your competition from opposing fraction. I killed countless of players there, usually two frostbolts and missiles to finish them if they manage to get out of the room, are enough. I had laugh when I got few kills on 28 lvl druid, who must have died many times just to get there, and he ended up spamming /cry and /spit emotes. No my friend, I won't let you farm these patterns.