Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    When trying psychoanalysis, always remember that projection is a big part. Case in point:

Quote Originally Posted by Lupinemancer View Post
    Sorry kid, but that traumatic childhood of yours isn't something that can be erased no matter how much you hate something unjustly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupinemancer View Post
    Location: Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    When trying psychoanalysis, always remember that projection is a big part. Case in point:
    You’re fucked in the head mate if you expected better storytelling than a bunch of wanna be Metzens using this xpac as a vehicle to ruin any Horde character not a human worshipper and to teach us the lesson “war is bad and people dying makes you sad.”
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

5+ Year Old Account
    It's actually even funnier than that. I did the Alliance intro and there it's stated flat out that the only army that has enough troops to defeat N'zoth is Sylvanas's. Alleria even brings up that maybe they should just let N'zoth and Sylvanas duke it out and is shot down.

The whole thing starts in Razor Hill.
    That's funny, considering the Horde was "days" from losing before Nazjatar. Suddenly it has the larger army? I thought we couldn't afford more troops/supplies to our warfronts. Suddenly Sylvanas has (had) the only army strong enough to take on N'zoth....riiight...
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    That's funny, considering the Horde was "days" from losing before Nazjatar. Suddenly it has the larger army? I thought we couldn't afford more troops/supplies to our warfronts. Suddenly Sylvanas has (had) the only army strong enough to take on N'zoth....riiight...
    Might have been about the ships carrying the troops everywhere, thus loosing the war, but hey this is blizz staying consistent for two patches in a row? You are expecting a tad much.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Might have been about the ships carrying the troops everywhere, thus loosing the war, but hey this is blizz staying consistent for two patches in a row? You are expecting a tad much.
    Problem is that we were starting to lose before our ships were wreck.

And yeah, maybe.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    You’re fucked in the head mate if you expected better storytelling than a bunch of wanna be Metzens using this xpac as a vehicle to ruin any Horde character not a human worshipper and to teach us the lesson “war is bad and people dying makes you sad.”
    I've always assumed for them it's more about the message Unifaction broadcasts irl. There's just too much cheesy pro-peace one liners in their cinematics & cutscenes. That's also partly the reason why I've always kinda expected unifaction to happen sooner or later. "If zombies and hummies can get along, who can't?"

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    I've always assumed for them it's more about the message Unifaction broadcasts irl. There's just too much cheesy pro-peace one liners in their cinematics & cutscenes. That's also partly the reason why I've always kinda expected unifaction to happen sooner or later. "If zombies and hummies can get along, who can't?"
    So you’re saying blizzard writers are the type to go backpacking in war zones to prove that humans are nice only to never be seen again?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

So you’re saying blizzard writers are the type to go backpacking in war zones to prove that humans are nice only to never be seen again?
    They're the ones who actually manage to come back and then weave their experiences into the game quests. Unless there's a case of Blizzard developer mysteriously disappearing of which I'm not aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Do you guys think it's an Old God or Death being thingy that buffed Sylvanas?
    im hoping for neither. It makes for a for better story to have your characters growing in power through their own effort than having it given to them with strings attached.
    I hope she is acting on her own desires and are making an opportunistic play to get a piece of the big cake (the dying titan azeroth persumably).
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Yeah, there's a fair bit of irl moralism slipping in there too. "People can't genuinely disagree with us, they must have been tricked by a single bad person and when that bad person (who doesn't even believe what they're saying) goes away they'll agree with us and we'll all be the same" is a pants on head retarded mentality in real life, but in fiction you can make it be factually correct as well as bring the assorted issues down to "Good" and "evil".
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Muh "too powerful" probably, even though she managed to freeze arthas for a short amount of time and at that point he could oneshot literally any major faction leader, even now.
    I wouldn't really say "too powerful" as there are a lot of WoW Characters that could obliterate her (Like Illidan, Khadgar, Velen, the Players in Legion, etc). But, she is extremely badass. The problem is, Blizzard needs to write her out of some stories to make the playing fields "even", which is just plain retarded.

People saying a old god/death god is empowering sylvanas are kinda forgetting about she being one of the first persons getting azerite, she was the leader of the horde, player only get a SMALL part of the azerite of island expeditions, as far as we know she might be absorbing all the azerite we gathered

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azkhane View Post
    People saying a old god/death god is empowering sylvanas are kinda forgetting about she being one of the first persons getting azerite, she was the leader of the horde, player only get a SMALL part of the azerite of island expeditions, as far as we know she might be absorbing all the azerite we gathered
    So what, Magni can detect some random enemy snorting Azerite in some danky cave but can't tell that Sylvanas was absorbing the stuff herself for months?

If you drowned Orgimmar now nothing of value would be lost.
    yeah, that is true sadly. because home is not orgimmar...but azeroth

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    yeah, that is true sadly. because home is not orgimmar...but azeroth
    Actually, it's Draenor. Which they blew up. So, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    It took us 3 RTS', 7 expansions ( + original game ) - multiple books/comics too finally break the cycle...

I don't know, on one hand it, sounds awesome on the other hand... world of peacecraft?
    I'm really tired of this ignorant world of peace craft shit. It was VERY CLEAR that the new reason to fight is not to fight for the horde, or to fight for the alliance, but to fight for Azeroth.

Which means that ANYTHING that is considered a threat to their home, the denizens of Azeroth will unify and they will fight back. That is what it means to break the cycle. No more war. No more "honor" born from the bones of the innocent. All that is left now is to defend home.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, SYlvanas was at her peak effectiveness in Cataclysm, in terms of territorial extent and military victories. Her low points in terms of effectiveness are Wrath and BFA, especially BFA.
    I don't consider the plague a "military victory". I consider using the plague a sign of weakness. Which is what Sylvanas is. Weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Can you give me examples of her being presented as a cold and calculating genius?
    Mm, fair point. I guess I should say that’s how Blizzard WANTS us to see her. Say one thing show another, just like “free will Forsaken,” racial numbers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Yeah you just get ported to Razor hill, and then you get a mecha/tinker tank thing that plows your way to the gates.
    Mecha/Tinker tank thing and Gazlowe cooperating with us maybe kinda confirms tinkers for the next expac?
    That's quite a stretch. Does the High Elf siege weapon there also confirm High Elves for 9.0?

https://i.gyazo.com/a6985c323a18b02e...9ff01f81c3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    So what, Magni can detect some random enemy snorting Azerite in some danky cave but can't tell that Sylvanas was absorbing the stuff herself for months?
    Magni can detect npcs snorting azerite from ACTIVE WOUNDS, magni cant detect/dont care about npcs snorting azerite harvested by players or others

Also sylvanas is a elf, elfs have tradition of getting high on some magical source, it can be arcane,void,fel, light, blood essence, etc. Why not azerite?
    Last edited by azkhane; 2019-09-25 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by azkhane View Post

Also sylvanas is a elf, elfs have tradition of getting high on some magical source, it can be arcane,void,fel, light, blood essence, etc. Why not azerite?
    Azerite is arcane in nature, it is the well of eternity in ore form.