Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    So . . . we just appear in Razor Hill? Horde does not contest us till we get to the gates???
    Yeah you just get ported to Razor hill, and then you get a mecha/tinker tank thing that plows your way to the gates.
    Mecha/Tinker tank thing and Gazlowe cooperating with us maybe kinda confirms tinkers for the next expac?

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Yeah you just get ported to Razor hill, and then you get a mecha/tinker tank thing that plows your way to the gates.
    Mecha/Tinker tank thing and Gazlowe cooperating with us maybe kinda confirms tinkers for the next expac?
    If that was supposed to hint at next class, then the entire expansion hints at Coprophiliac class.

Or she could just win and then send her troops to die against N'zoth, blighting everyone (including N'zoth) when the Old God is distracted.

I've still haven't played this and I actually have to ask; do we START in Orgrimmar? There has been NO build up for a Siege.
    It's actually even funnier than that. I did the Alliance intro and there it's stated flat out that the only army that has enough troops to defeat N'zoth is Sylvanas's. Alleria even brings up that maybe they should just let N'zoth and Sylvanas duke it out and is shot down.

The whole thing starts in Razor Hill.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Alleria even brings up that maybe they should just let N'zoth and Sylvanas duke it out and is shot down.
    Alleria best girl confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    literally what durotan did with Gul'dan in the movie

Sylvanas had no chance of wining on a normal duel without her magic, people think she is superman too
    I guess you and others missed the part where she was stomping him even before her blast? She had no need to "cheat" to win. She simply wanted to show off and never gave a crap about their standards of honor.

Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Sure, the writing is without question flawed. But people would support her regardless of what she did. So many of her fans are beating their chest saying "For the Horde" and now she's like "Fuck the Horde" and people will still be like "Well....she's not that bad."
    That only shows how invested into "lolhonor" storyline they are.

Dude, we've been driving tanks and shit for years, since WotLK. If anything, this reduces the chance of a Tinker further, if everybody can simply jump into these suits and blast away, what do you need the tinker for? Tie them all up in some kind of workshop and let the guys who can use magic pilot the mechs.

Scarab Lord
    It's actually even funnier than that. I did the Alliance intro and there it's stated flat out that the only army that has enough troops to defeat N'zoth is Sylvanas's. Alleria even brings up that maybe they should just let N'zoth and Sylvanas duke it out and is shot down.

So it's literally the same shit as with Garrosh. Somehow, a part of one faction is stronger than the entire other faction. One that was supposedly more powerful at the start and winning the war, without taking into account any rebellion.

What *is it* with warfare in this world? How does a supposedly losing side turns out to be more powerful than all of their opponents? And if she's so powerful, *why* does she abandon the Horde again?

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    If that was supposed to hint at next class, then the entire expansion hints at Coprophiliac class.
    I think it is too convenient that we, from out of nowhere get a Mechagon (sure, there was that junkyard in tirigarde but still), and then they push this even further wherever they can.
    people are so hung up on new classes only being put into expansions that are based on them. What if we need the tinkers' TECHNOLOGY in the next expac. To dig stuff for example.

But how does Anduin mean he has only enough men for one final battle? Where is the remaining alliance?

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    So it's literally the same shit as with Garrosh. Somehow, a part of one faction is stronger than the entire other faction. One that was supposedly more powerful at the start and winning the war, without taking into account any rebellion.

What *is it* with warfare in this world? How does a supposedly losing side turns out to be more powerful than all of their opponents? And if she's so powerful, *why* does she abandon the Horde again?
    Because she has the IQ of a toaster. If she'd gagged herself before the fight she would've taken over the world. This goes beyond Garrosh losing because everyone betrayed him. With him it wasn't on him. With Sylvanas she is inexplicably in the lead despite failing at every turn, is in the process of winning but then just sinks her chances and loses her army of deluded minions because some dickhead was talking about hope.

@Lei

We switched back over to the timeline where Lost Honor is canon and the Alliance have a troop shortage.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Herald of the Titans Darknessvamp's Avatar

Anduin probably felt it would be too cruel to sacrifice Sylvanas and her Soldiers to Nzoth instead of letting his Moral Goodness wash over and beat him easily. Clearly he doesn't despise her that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    That only shows how invested into "lolhonor" storyline they are.
    I still can't get over the fact that this whole terrible plot line was about Honor after all the sneaky shit that Saurfang has done this expansion and then culminates with him challenging Sylvanas because she was "dishonorable". I half expect his ghost to turn up later whining that it can't get to Orc Heaven to see his son because he still lacks honor.
    Argus' Nightmare Continues With Shadowlands
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Poizo View Post
    Both cinematics revealed, end of the factions, Sylvanas serving the Old Gods and achievement for finishing the BfA storyline. I thought it would be gated but that's it.
    "Sylvanas serving the Old Gods."

Lol. Try again harder next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Dude, we've been driving tanks and shit for years, since WotLK. If anything, this reduces the chance of a Tinker further, if everybody can simply jump into these suits and blast away, what do you need the tinker for? Tie them all up in some kind of workshop and let the guys who can use magic pilot the mechs.
    These mecha machines are slightly more advanced than the steam stuff we used to have though.
    Here's a model viewer for the mine-o-bot 5000 that the alliance uses to get to the gates
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=155367/m...delviewer:10+0

These mecha machines are slightly more advanced than the steam stuff we used to have though.
    Here's a model viewer for the mine-o-bot 5000 that the alliance uses to get to the gates
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=155367/m...delviewer:10+0
    Looks like a reused Mechagon asset. Haven't been there much, though.

Anyway, the point stands. If everyone can pilot these machines without training, what do you need the tinker for? Who would you rather have firing a rifle, a gunsmith or a trained Marine? A Tinker in a Bulldozer can Bulldoze at the same efficiency as, let's say, a Mage. The Mage can throw fireball while he's at it.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post

300 Spartans held back 10'000 Persians. It is entirely possible for the Alliance to be winning the war with smaller numbers by simply using smarter and more effective tactics than the Horde. However those numbers might start to fail when faced with something akin to besieging a fortress such as Orgrimmar.

Also, she's apparently VERY easily triggered when people sass her, as demonstrated twice now. She got emotional, let slip her true intentions then went "fuck it, i don't need them anymore" and bailed like some melodramatic diva having a fit. This is also surprisingly in character for her, despite what some people want to claim.
    Daevelians Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums about Sylvanas becomes longer, the probability of her supporters resorting to Human Potential memes approaches 1.

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Looks like a reused Mechagon asset. Haven't been there much, though.

Anyway, the point stands. If everyone can pilot these machines without training, what do you need the tinker for? Who would you rather have firing a rifle, a gunsmith or a trained Marine? A Tinker in a Bulldozer can Bulldoze at the same efficiency as, let's say, a Mage. The Mage can throw fireball while he's at it.
    My shaman can shoot arrows in quests if she needs to. She can lay traps. Doesn't mean I'm a shaman-hunter.
    They could totally explain this with tinker tech being more advanced than old siege tech, so while we could pilot the wintergrasp siege engines, we can't pilot these new stuff on a daily basis, and only on a very basic "push this red button" style when its absolutely needed. But I'm guessing tinkers would be more complex than that as a class.
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-09-25 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Also, she's apparently VERY easily triggered when people sass her, as demonstrated twice now. She got emotional, let slip her true intentions then went "fuck it, i don't need them anymore" and bailed like some melodramatic diva having a fit. This is also surprisingly in character for her, despite what some people want to claim.
    Yeah, she definitely has a years-long pattern of Cersei Lannister temper tantrums. I think the frustrating part of it is that Blizzard puts forth this idea that she’s this cold, calculating genius that thinks 12 steps ahead, but then also presents her as this complete imbecile who lets her emotions goad her into the aforementioned temper tantrums (Teldrassil, Lordaeron’s defense post-siege, tearing wildlife in half after a family squabble, and now giving up her Warchief mantle and standing army by getting pissy at the word “Hope” and REEEEEEEE-ing tfo). It’s typical modern Blizzard storytelling (go with what seems “cool” or “shocking” at the time, continuity and character-integrity be damned), but it is incredibly obnoxious.

Sylvanas is undead. Her physical power does not come from her muscles, she has no functional muscles. Her power comes from the necromancy animating her body and in her case that necromancy has always been particularly strong. Both her alliance with the Val'kyr and what seems to be an alliance with Death itself would have strengthened that necromancy further.
    It's irrelevant where her power comes from. if she can parry a blow from an overhead swing by Saurfang, Baine wouldn't just be able to snap her arm either. Doesn't matter if it's physical strength, death magic or a Nathanos showering her in human potential every morning.

Before you ask, yes, I know it's a dumb minor detail to get bent out of shape about, IDK why I'm like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    she seems to get buffed by her master/death god
    That's probably it, yeah. Can't truly be SoO 2.0 without her also being empowered by an old god, after all... I say somewhat jokingly. Although I guess it remains to be seen who Sylvanas' master is. Granted that Blizzard storytelling is pretty straight forward, so N'zoth is the safe bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    Yeah, she definitely has a years-long pattern of Cersei Lannister temper tantrums. I think the frustrating part of it is that Blizzard puts forth this idea that she’s this cold, calculating genius that thinks 12 steps ahead, but then also presents her as this complete imbecile who lets her emotions goad her into the aforementioned temper tantrums (Teldrassil, Lordaeron’s defense post-siege, tearing wildlife in half after a family squabble, and now giving up her Warchief mantle and standing army by getting pissy at the word “Hope” and REEEEEEEE-ing tfo). It’s typical modern Blizzard storytelling (go with what seems “cool” or “shocking” at the time, continuity and character-integrity be damned), but it is incredibly obnoxious.
    Can you give me examples of her being presented as a cold and calculating genius?

saurfang died in a very similar waay to his son

the lich king walks slowly out of the gate,
    saurfang rushes him,
    and the lich king parries and breaks his weapon

obviously sylvanaas is the lich king 2.0