Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The Horde know she burned it deliberately both from prior to this patch and explicitly in this one when random people discuss it on the streets. Some say it's a bit much, others chastise them for their lack of faith and disagreeing with the Warchief, but it doesn't budge them away from the rebel camp. They hurl apples at Eitrigg as he's dragged beaten through the streets. Is the random change to her having the biggest army nonsensical? Yes, since that was only alluded to be the case once before in Lost Honor. Is it that the majority of the population backed her? No, that's been shown and told over and over again.
    i never said the rebels were majority, just said its a plot hole the no-rebels being the biggest army in azeroth and "the only one who could face n''zoth

this brings to the point of "majority of the population support her", its just some nonsensical plot holes that they throw at the screen thinking it will work, because its a "a nice catch phrase" like the "thunderbluff will burn"

its also good to point that they were most sided with her, just because she is warchief alone, even if they disapprove, they follow anyway, when she drop its, then there is no reason to still stay with her.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-10-01 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    this brings tot he point of "majory of the population support her", its just some nonsensical plot holes that they throw at the screen thinking it will work, because its a "a nice catch phrase" like the "thunderbluff will burn"

its also good to point that they were most sided with her, just because she is warchief alone, even if they disapprove, they follow anyway, when she drop its, then there is no reason to still stay with her.
    Yeah, her having the biggest army out of nowhere is just out of left field. I don't think the writers at all communicated with each other regarding the course of the war, hence how we have Anduin complaining how he can't win and has too few dudes in a cinematic that takes place the same patch he's winning on all fronts.

As for why they're loyal - yes, the reason they follow her is her office and her agenda, except for the Forsaken - no one else in the Horde (who isn't an elf) has a reason to be attached to Sylvanas personally to such an insane degree. That's why them immediately welcoming Anduin, Baine and so forth in is such nonsense. If their loyalty was not based exclusively 100% around Sylvanas, then her bailing should not change their views on her policy since her policy is why they followed her.

That's why this rebellion plot should not have involved the Alliance at all and the Alliance should have instead been hostile to both parts of the Horde, barring people like Anduin. Saurfang dying in Mak'gora to wake up the Horde who were following Sylvanas mistakenly believing her claims while she's actually driving towards a separate agenda is, if not a story that should be told, at least a good Horde-centric one with the good beats from this one hitting a lot better. Doing it at the same time as a Horde-Alliance war and injecting Anduin into the processes of every rebel messes it up. If Saurfang and the rebels were working independently or the Alliance were just using them, this moment would make far more sense - rebel army outside the gates, loyalists inside, so when Sylvanas bails they accept the rebels since they see their Warchief calling them shit. Then the Alliance shows up and, not caring about this entire horde melodrama, are set to continue the war when N'zoth pops in.

That wouldn't produce the Unifaction though, so here we are.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2019-10-01 at 07:24 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I think with the Alleria quote about Sylvanas having the best chance at defeating N'Zoth she meant not simply by the size of her army, but also by their unity behind her and Sylvanas's ruthlessness in pursuing goals. Maybe Sylvanas also has the largest army in this, because she/Azshara trashed most of the remaining Alliance fleet along with their army at Nazjatar and the Nightelves have only a small presence with the bulk of their forces not joining Anduin. The Horde went into Nazjatar with a few ships and the Alliance in full force, so I'd guess the Alliance lost a lot more than the Horde there, plus the alliance lost most of the Nightelven forces. Sylvanas lacks the bulk of the Zandalari, with only a few of them there at Orgrimmar, so if she was allowed to just continue and march against N'Zoth, she'd have the bigger army and the ruthlessness to win against him at any cost.
    From Alleria's perspective that might really be the better chance at winning instead of taking a very small Horde rebel force, an Alliance army in shambles and without the Nightelves and, if they actually succeed in taking on Sylvanas's army, even less people (because of the battle that was going to take place at Orgrimmar) plus a few that might stir up trouble, because they only pretend to be ok with having lost Sylvanas (ex-Sylvanas loyalist forces integrated into the army for the fight against N'Zoth). Plus possible trouble that comes from a combined Horde and Alliance army after a really bloody war between them.
    I think Sylvanas loyal forces + the Zandalari + everyone who'd join because they want to kill N'Zoth, would actually be the better choice instead of a very unstable army with fewer people lead by the boy-king.

Of course you'd have to be sure that Sylvanas is actually going to make her army battle N'Zoth and that's the chance they weren't actually willing to take.

What I'd like to see additionally is Tyrande showing up and having a way of flushing out the remaining actual loyalists, delivering them to the wrath of Elune. Maybe without the people who kept N'Zoth's gift in addition to being loyal to Sylvanas, because he actually still has use for them and protects them

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Yeah, her having the biggest army out of nowhere is just out of left field. I don't think the writers at all communicated with each other regarding the course of the war, hence how we have Anduin complaining how he can't win and has too few dudes in a cinematic that takes place the same patch he's winning on all fronts.
    i don't even think they read the lore or play the game at all, i think they just are told to do a quest and done, so they can put their shenangans, the amount of nonsense in the recent expansions is not normal.

That wouldn't produce the Unifaction though, so here we are.
    maybe they have a bean inside their heads, but ts so much easy to do acceptable storyline, they could went with your route, everyone would like or at least would be satisfied, but they are doing the story they like alone

wich on comes full circle, they write a story that only they like to a game they don't play

Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    Reminder #3 that Warcraft's story is probably written by a chimpanzee chained to a typewriter.
    Don't insult the chimpanzee's please. They have done nothing to deserve it. Actually no living being deserves it to be connected to this story. Thats how bad it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice movie, nice move to let Sylvanas show her real intentions, nice that Saurfang got the warrior-death he wanted, and I'm glad he's out of story, because of his whining.

Now, when I got it right, Thrall spoke about 'we', so I hope we Horde will now get a council of wise men, instead of one Warchief, to lead the Horde.
    And indeed, SW is unprotected now.
    So, combined Banshees and Old-Gods raid in SW?
    So next will be...
    fighting...drama...etc
    And at the end we have to travel with Vol'jin in the spirit realm again,
    Ofcourse Bwonsamdi will have his part in it,
    There we will weaken Sylvanas / Old-Gods, and finally we will win...tadaaa

But it still looks weird to me, why they didn't use the Vindicar against Sylvanas, one laserbeam from space was enough, or why no one did throw her into a portal, ending in a Volcano???? Yeah, I know, I read/watch to much comics
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Having Teldrassil become corrupted again would have been a much less shitty story than making our Warchief a villain again.
    I won't argue with this being bad, BFA is MOP 2.0 in way to many ways. But I'd would rather change things more drastically so that we just, don't burn down teldrassil at all with some out of nowhere old god corrupting it we have to kill.

If I had the power to rewrite BFA's start I would have honestly just focused on Silithis more. Had tensions rising as the horde lays a claim to the azerite first. Alliance doesn't trust the horde to use it so sabotages their efforts via si 7. Horde brings in troops to defend mines. Alliance brings in troops. Things escalate with the Alliance thinking they're keeping WMDs out of the hands of the horde they don't trust to have them and the horde thinks the Alliance is oppressing them and infringing on their rightful claim.

Then have something bad happen with the Azerite there that decimates both armies. WIth both factions having a reason to think the other faction did it, and have that blow up into all out war.

No evil warchief, and no making the night elves look incompetent handling their own tree.

I finally played the loyalist route. Definitely worth doing for the added context.

I want to hate it for seemingly putting the finishing touch on "just repeating MOP" by having her escape to be evil another day, but I said from the beginning that what would really bother me is it not telling an interesting and good in its own way story, in the same way I love Suramar despite the overarching plot being point-for-point the blood elves.

But letting the players choose, building on the forsaken story, this whole arc of Saurfang, at the end of the day, I really love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.