Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    You are right. At most she'll be in some 3-boss dungeon in the next expansion for a questline. Maybe just an event NPC...

You aren't as witty as you think, m8.

Its not like im hating on Sylvanas either. I did enjoy her drama a great deal... till the Writers came about and thought we needed another Garrosh... which she definitely is now.
    Sorry to break it for you but Blizzard said already long time ago that she is not going to be just some casual raid boss. She will be main character of next xpac, I am more than 100% sure of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how are the Zandalari taking all this? They just rolling over as they watch the people who they just allied with announce a unification of forces with the faction that attacked their home and killed their king?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I prefer my pet theory that the reason she didn't betray the PC is so she could do damage control with him.

"Shit, I looked like a total tool who threw a win away out there. Uhm, er...oh, yeah, hello, champion. I was only pretending to be retarded you see."
    That'd be true if they didn't put more effort into that one cinematic than in the entire loyalist quest line. I guess by Blizzard's logic, this was amazing strategic move, not a tantrum she threw after crushing the leader of rebels and having a dominant position.

And if the true goal was killing the maximum amount of people possible for whatever reason... what better way to do it than prolonging the conflict, while "accidentally" blighting her own troops again? (while shouting "For The Horde" and smirking) At no point it seemed like the war was just about over and the only way to maximize the casualties was to fuck off and do her own things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    So how are the Zandalari taking all this? They just rolling over as they watch the people who they just allied with announce a unification of forces with the faction that attacked their home and killed their king?
    What, you want them to be "consumed by vengeance" like Tyrande? All of their issues were solved by a duel on another continent. Which featured none of their enemies and dealt with none of their issues. Surely that's enough to satisfy anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    That'd be true if they didn't put more effort into that one cinematic than in the entire loyalist quest line. I guess by Blizzard's logic, this was amazing strategic move, not a tantrum she threw after crushing the leader of rebels and having a dominant position.

And if the true goal was killing the maximum amount of people possible for whatever reason... what better way to do it than prolonging the conflict, while "accidentally" blighting her own troops again? (while shouting "For The Horde" and smirking) At no point it seemed like the war was just about over and the only way to maximize the casualties was to fuck off and do her own things.What, you want them to be "consumed by vengeance" like Tyrande? All of their issues were solved by a duel on another continent. Which featured none of their enemies and solved none of their issues. Surely that's enough to satisfy anyone.
    That's another part that infuriates me. They could've had this "Sylvanas is looking to kill everyone to help X to do something because she's sad" story and have an actual climax. Have the battle already be ongoing, with the rebels and Alliance fighting and as it's going on then Saurfang can declare Mak'gora.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    No, my friend! As far as I can see they weren’t even given voice...

Overall a huge disappointment. Zandalari are forgotten, Saurfang finally did what he should have done a year ago but only after making such a mess that Garrosh would have been proud, Silvanas literally flew away.
    One thing is kinda nice and that is that we don’t seem to have a warchief for now. But lets give them time, someone ought to take up that cursed position.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Or you know, are completely disillusioned when it comes to story.
    Sure, the writing is without question flawed. But people would support her regardless of what she did. So many of her fans are beating their chest saying "For the Horde" and now she's like "Fuck the Horde" and people will still be like "Well....she's not that bad."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Or she could just win and then send her troops to die against N'zoth, blighting everyone (including N'zoth) when the Old God is distracted.

I've still haven't played this and I actually have to ask; do we START in Orgrimmar? There has been NO build up for a Siege.
    Speaking from the Alliance side, you start in Razor Hill and do quest clearing the road, then a few quests outside of Org, all very quick, and then that's pretty much it.

The cinematic is impressive from an aesthetics perspective, but I cannot believe my eyes that there are people who actually think the story-writing is anything less than horrid. Either you guys are Blizzard loyalists through-and-through or you are in denial. The story not only makes little sense but it is just dumb writing as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    What, you want them to be "consumed by vengeance" like Tyrande? All of their issues were solved by a duel on another continent. Which featured none of their enemies and dealt with none of their issues. Surely that's enough to satisfy anyone.
    I mean the Zandalari going mad would be better than:
    Talanji: "My father was killed, my city assaulted and our fleet was destroyed by your people at a time when we had yet to even show open hostilities towards you. Especially after you had imprisoned me. Why on Azeroth do you think I would join you?"
    Anduin: "Come now, Saurfang gave his life for the Alliance and Sylvanas has revealed she is a bad guy and thinks the Horde sucks. Now we have to work together for the sake of Azeroth!"
    Talanji: "That is not a convincing argument."
    Anduin: "Shush let the Unification wash over you."

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    No, my friend! As far as I can see they weren’t even given voice...

Overall a huge disappointment. Zandalari are forgotten, Saurfang finally did what he should have done a year ago but only after making such a mess that Garrosh would have been proud, Silvanas literally flew away.
    One thing is kinda nice and that is that we don’t seem to have a warchief for now. But lets give them time, someone ought to take up that cursed position.
    My money is on them giving it to Talanji and then having her get killed by Nzoth so they can clear up that messy business of Regicide by declaring vengeance for her sake.

So . . . we just appear in Razor Hill? Horde does not contest us till we get to the gates???
    Clearly Vol'jin left the back gate open for the Alliance after MoP when it was last used as a staging ground.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.

So . . . we just appear in Razor Hill? Horde does not contest us till we get to the gates???
    There is a cinematic on the Alliance ship in Borealus and then you're in Razor Hill. Team Saurfang meets you in Razor Hill along with all the other rebels and all the loyalist forces are on the wall in Org. The cinematics were fantastic, but the actual gameplay is pretty lackluster.

Yeah you just get ported to Razor hill, and then you get a mecha/tinker tank thing that plows your way to the gates.
    Mecha/Tinker tank thing and Gazlowe cooperating with us maybe kinda confirms tinkers for the next expac?

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Yeah you just get ported to Razor hill, and then you get a mecha/tinker tank thing that plows your way to the gates.
    Mecha/Tinker tank thing and Gazlowe cooperating with us maybe kinda confirms tinkers for the next expac?
    If that was supposed to hint at next class, then the entire expansion hints at Coprophiliac class.

Or she could just win and then send her troops to die against N'zoth, blighting everyone (including N'zoth) when the Old God is distracted.

I've still haven't played this and I actually have to ask; do we START in Orgrimmar? There has been NO build up for a Siege.
    It's actually even funnier than that. I did the Alliance intro and there it's stated flat out that the only army that has enough troops to defeat N'zoth is Sylvanas's. Alleria even brings up that maybe they should just let N'zoth and Sylvanas duke it out and is shot down.

The whole thing starts in Razor Hill.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    literally what durotan did with Gul'dan in the movie

Sylvanas had no chance of wining on a normal duel without her magic, people think she is superman too
    I guess you and others missed the part where she was stomping him even before her blast? She had no need to "cheat" to win. She simply wanted to show off and never gave a crap about their standards of honor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Sure, the writing is without question flawed. But people would support her regardless of what she did. So many of her fans are beating their chest saying "For the Horde" and now she's like "Fuck the Horde" and people will still be like "Well....she's not that bad."
    That only shows how invested into "lolhonor" storyline they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Dude, we've been driving tanks and shit for years, since WotLK. If anything, this reduces the chance of a Tinker further, if everybody can simply jump into these suits and blast away, what do you need the tinker for? Tie them all up in some kind of workshop and let the guys who can use magic pilot the mechs.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's actually even funnier than that. I did the Alliance intro and there it's stated flat out that the only army that has enough troops to defeat N'zoth is Sylvanas's. Alleria even brings up that maybe they should just let N'zoth and Sylvanas duke it out and is shot down.

So it's literally the same shit as with Garrosh. Somehow, a part of one faction is stronger than the entire other faction. One that was supposedly more powerful at the start and winning the war, without taking into account any rebellion.

What *is it* with warfare in this world? How does a supposedly losing side turns out to be more powerful than all of their opponents? And if she's so powerful, *why* does she abandon the Horde again?

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    If that was supposed to hint at next class, then the entire expansion hints at Coprophiliac class.
    I think it is too convenient that we, from out of nowhere get a Mechagon (sure, there was that junkyard in tirigarde but still), and then they push this even further wherever they can.
    people are so hung up on new classes only being put into expansions that are based on them. What if we need the tinkers' TECHNOLOGY in the next expac. To dig stuff for example.

But how does Anduin mean he has only enough men for one final battle? Where is the remaining alliance?

So it's literally the same shit as with Garrosh. Somehow, a part of one faction is stronger than the entire other faction. One that was supposedly more powerful at the start and winning the war, without taking into account any rebellion.

What *is it* with warfare in this world? How does a supposedly losing side turns out to be more powerful than all of their opponents? And if she's so powerful, *why* does she abandon the Horde again?
    Because she has the IQ of a toaster. If she'd gagged herself before the fight she would've taken over the world. This goes beyond Garrosh losing because everyone betrayed him. With him it wasn't on him. With Sylvanas she is inexplicably in the lead despite failing at every turn, is in the process of winning but then just sinks her chances and loses her army of deluded minions because some dickhead was talking about hope.

@Lei

We switched back over to the timeline where Lost Honor is canon and the Alliance have a troop shortage.

10+ Year Old Account

Anduin probably felt it would be too cruel to sacrifice Sylvanas and her Soldiers to Nzoth instead of letting his Moral Goodness wash over and beat him easily. Clearly he doesn't despise her that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    That only shows how invested into "lolhonor" storyline they are.
    I still can't get over the fact that this whole terrible plot line was about Honor after all the sneaky shit that Saurfang has done this expansion and then culminates with him challenging Sylvanas because she was "dishonorable". I half expect his ghost to turn up later whining that it can't get to Orc Heaven to see his son because he still lacks honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Poizo View Post
    Both cinematics revealed, end of the factions, Sylvanas serving the Old Gods and achievement for finishing the BfA storyline. I thought it would be gated but that's it.
    "Sylvanas serving the Old Gods."

Lol. Try again harder next time.