Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's actually an interesting bit, I thought. Sylvanas lost twice in that fight, though she could have actually won and had everything. Her temper got the better of her. "The Horde is nothing!" got her in trouble, but she could have gotten through that. The fact that she used magic to blast Saurfang violated the ceremony of Mok'gora. None but the Forsaken would have possibly followed her after that. Even the most bloodthirsty of the orcs would have turned away from her with the way she violated that sacrament.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    You are just one very special snow flake...that's all.
    And you know that's not true.

Why do you have such an urge for everyone else to share your views and opinions, and why are you unable to accept that some people think differently? Why do you want to try to spread negativity on a game - hell, why are you even on these forums and play the game if you think it's so bad?

And if you're gonna say that you play classic and not retail, then my god that's ironic.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by reyy14 View Post
    Then why even have 2 different faction if you're going to just hold hands and have the "let's all be friends" attitude?

Isn't warcraft based on having two different factions fighting against each other?

This is the most ridiculous thing I've seen.
    That was my point, we are (pretty obviously at this point) headed toward a one faction, or no faction, system. All that means is we'll have more people to play with.

PvP can still work. All you have to do is add some lore reframing it as gladiatorial games, and boom.

Warcraft is not just Horde vs Allie. If you wanna get lore technical, in the grand scheme of the warcraft universe of conflict, the horde vs ally conflict ranks VERY low in terms of importance. Shocking, true, statement.

I just watched the cinematics at home with sound and I must say, it's a satisfying end, especially to someone who hated Sylvanas. Saurfang got his honor. It seems Thrall may be burdened with the mantle of Warchief again. "We don't get to hide."

Just wondering why Sylvanas would reveal to the Horde her master plan in which the Horde was just being used, she was winning Mak'gorah. Seemed like Blizzard's way out to rushing the end, she wasn't in a position where she had to be overthrown yet if she was about to kill Saurfang and win anyway. It's not like Thrall, Anduin and Zak'han could have made a line. "Ok, my turn!" Oh shit, you killled Anduin, ok, I'm next!" Sylvanas would have remained Warchief, continued to benefit from throwing meat shields at N'zoth, and crushed the Alliance while at it, unless she herself doesn't want to lead the charge against N'zoth and hide in the sidelines while the Alliance/Horde throw themselves at N'zoth?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekis View Post
    A product of his own making; he defeated Ner'zhul and overtook control as the Lich King, but Arthas was the maker of his own power-hungry destiny.

Arthas went fanatically crazy trying to save his people. Killed a bunch of innocents to stop the plague in Stratholme. Through his own vainglory and fanaticism he willingly picked up Frostmourne after being warned of the curse by Muradin.

To say he was an Orc in a shell is a bit disingenuous.
    arthas was corrupted by at first mal'ganis and then again by the runeblade frostmourne.

but i agree, what they made of him was what we fought, ner'zhul was all-but gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    They had to do 1v1 because otherwise its just SoO all over again
    also, the trolls just kinda walked into death last time.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This was pretty disappointing, nothing more expected from BFA.

NEs got the shaft completely.

Anduin is bloody pacifist betrayer. Alliance is completely a joke in this story.
    Delete the entire Alliance faction, and nothing will change. Absolutely nothing will change in this stupid story.

The cinematic itself is not even interesting. no even close to the level WotLK or TBC epicness. It is just brushed with beautiful CGI.

Ye, totally not Garrosh 2, morally gray my ass!

Blizz has just spit in the face of half of its players, by their ridiculous and overwhelming horde fanaticism and bias.

I was going to resub after a year, but hell no, I will wait till Blizzcon. That's their only shot left.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    That was my point, we are (pretty obviously at this point) headed toward a one faction, or no faction, system. All that means is we'll have more people to play with.

PvP can still work. All you have to do is add some lore reframing it as gladiatorial games, and boom.

Warcraft is not just Horde vs Allie. If you wanna get lore technical, in the grand scheme of the warcraft universe of conflict, the horde vs ally conflict ranks VERY low in terms of importance. Shocking, true, statement.

All fine. But why such a horrible storyline that ruined several of the more interesting characters and is even a downright copy of the garrosh storyline? I mean they worked together against Garrosh, they worked together against the Legion....and then they get split by the burning of Teldrassil to suddenly notice "oh great. Let's be friends now. And this time for real because Sylvanas is evil out of whatever reason."? A good story has an unexpected plot twist that still makes sense...but this here was expectable(as we had seen it before with Garrosh) and does not make much sense on top of it.
    You had the Loa of Death, Nzoth, Azshara, a possible destruction of Azeroth due to that huge blade...but what they need to unite is Sylvanas turn lunatic? Why?

My thoughts after seeing the cinematic.

If N’zoth was smart he’d let the Alliance and Horde grow soft before executing his plan. Sylvanas said it in the opening BFA cinematic, the cycle of hatred is what makes them strong.

Breaking that cycle will be their undoing.

If there is a time skip of let’s say 10 years of peace next expansion, it could explain the level squish.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Plenty of baddies to be at War with, does not have to be ally vs horde to be Warcraft. Unpopular, true, opinion, I know.

Splitting your playerbase in 2 never made sense from a design standpoint.
    Unifying the factions never made sense and still doesn't. Don't like horde v. alliance, don't play warcraft, it's a core part of it whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    who the fack is greta?
    A retarded puppet!

10+ Year Old Account
    FOR AZEROTH!

screw this faction bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    A retarded puppet!
    Show me on the doll where the mean girl touched you. I may not be into everything she says/does but what about changing the way we live for the planet we live on is bad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Those are the fields where the challenging and engaging raid mechanics for Classic are grown. See that they lay barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    It's exactly what we asked for, and in no way what we wanted. Thanks Monkey's Paw!

Clink clink....clink clink....

I'm not crying. It's just really dusty in Org

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Resurrection isn't really in the lore as a spell you can throw around.

And no, he didn't cast mass ress in the first BFA cinematic.
    In my paladin training there was a quest where I killed a guy and then ressed him. They said the rule was you just gotta be fast. Also there are quests that canonize shaman self-res and the paladins acknowledge my thousands of deaths, and they still canonically ressed Calia. So if Anduin really felt bad, he could have ressed Saurfang.

Quote Originally Posted by Timotei View Post
    Worst expansion ever storywise.
    This expansion is 100% incoherent.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    I wish more people would have paid attention to this. Sylvanas has never been "morally grey", she's Arthas without Ner'zhul's crown. The Forsaken were her puppets to seek vengeance on Arthas like the Scourge were Arthas' puppets to destroy the world. She cared only about that goal, and since that point, she's cared only for herself and staving off the eternal torment she faces at her final death.

Sylvanas is no less evil than Azshara. She demands and receives the love of her people and uses it for her own aggrandizement and power.
    Thank you. It's really weird that people have willfully ignored the fact that there are plenty of signs that Sylvanas only cares about Sylvanas.

#StillMyWarchief
    Come and fight me (ง •̀_•́)ง

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskyjack View Post
    It was worse then I imagined... way to make game of thrones ending look like a masterpiece.

It actually ends with her learning magic and turning to smoke or something? Just wtf...
    If you were too dull to see it, she's clearly working for someone else, probably N'zoth, and he's gifted her powers...I haven't completed the questline past this but seems logical based on what we just watched.
    Last edited by Iceman9725; 2019-09-25 at 01:50 AM.