Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    What makes you think it would shut Trump up?
    Because he stated the reason it isn't an official inquiry is because the Democrats have broken precedent, if they did hold an official vote it will force him to acknowledge it.

Why wouldn't Trump haters not want this? it boggles my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There is no "authoritarian progressivism". It's a conspiracy theory that only exists in your head.

In fact, progressive views are pretty much antithetical to authoritarianism, by definition, which you conveniently ignore; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authoritarianism
    You can link your shit all you want endus, Folks have felt the back hand of progressivism, we have felt the sole of its boot. And as a right winger, i know a lot about how boots on folks work, im not in the slightest convinced by your claims of compassion.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    If would make it more official and shut Trump up that it isn't an official inquiry, you know his die hard supports will refuse to acknowledge the current one.
    You can't shut him or his supporters up. So again, making it "official" is a waste of time. And Pelosi doesn't have to play that game. Nor does she has to follow his order.

EDIT: she not he.
    Last edited by omerome; 2019-10-17 at 05:39 PM. Reason: EDIT: she not he.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Wrong. Please admit that you're mistaken and let's move on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxine_Waters
    Reading sources helps. This is the sourced article for the first sentence - https://www.cnn.com/2017/02/06/polit...ent/index.html

Trump was inaugurated on January 20, this article is from February. And here's her exact comment from the CNN article at a news conference Waters held -

"I have not called for the impeachment yet. He's doing it himself," Waters said when asked about the statement at a news conference. "Let me just say that the statement I made is a statement in response to questions and pleas that I'm getting from many citizens across this country. What are we going to do? How can a President who is acting in the manner that he's acting?"
    Here's a google search -

https://www.google.com/search?q=maxi...30%2F2017&tbm=

I see her calling Trump a "danger". I see her calling out his outrageous lying. The closest to impeachment is this -

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jum...ms-vow-boycott

“If we discover that Donald Trump or his advocates played a role in helping to devise strategy, if they are the ones who came up with 'Crooked Hillary,' if they are the ones who came up with 'she's ill,' 'something's wrong with her energy,' and the way that he basically described her in the campaign, I think that is something that would put the question squarely on the table whether or not he should be impeached,” she said.

Asked by MSNBC host Chris Matthews whether Trump could have committed an impeachable offense before even taking office, Waters doubled down and called for more investigations.

“Well I think at the point that investigations discover and can confirm and document any of that that they had a role in helping to strategize, they had a role in attempting to determine the outcome that in many ways they used the information that they got from DNC when they hacked into our e-mails, etc., if that was used against Hillary Clinton in some ways, yes, I think that's impeachable,” she said.
    So no, she was not calling for his impeachment on day one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because he stated the reason it isn't an official inquiry is because the Democrats have broken precedent, if they did hold an official vote it will force him to acknowledge it.

Not hard, being as simple activities boggle your mind. It’s den explained multiple times. You not being intelligent enough to understand is your fault.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-10-17 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming

It is an official inquiry.

It won't force him to acknowledge shit.

As far as I'm aware they started the inquiry into Nixon before voting.

Why wouldn't patriots want Democrats to just give in to his irrational and unreasonable demands any time he makes them? Wonder why.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Trump is denying reality because it is inconvenient for him, and he is going to suddenly stop denying reality because reasons?
    /s

10+ Year Old Account

To repeat; because Trump doesn't get a say in the first place. Whether Trump thinks it's "official" or not doesn't change anything; it just means he's wrong about basic facts, and demonstrating he doesn't understand basic civics, despite being POTUS. He's just being an ignorant buffoon.

Trump doesn't get a say in whether it's official. His opinion literally does not matter one whit. Why should we care what he thinks on the matter?
    I know you refuse to see anything past the scope of your own ideology, but remember this when a Democrat President gets and impeachment inquiry from a republican majority house that doesn't feel like they have to hold a vote since Pelosi broke precedent.

It's the nuclear option all over again, and I will be there with "see I told you so"

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    You can link your shit all you want endus, Folks have felt the back hand of progressivism, we have felt the sole of its boot. And as a right winger, i know a lot about how boots on folks work, im not in the slightest convinced by your claims of compassion.
    For what? That you cannot insult POC? Or saying that racism exists?
    Or for saying that sexism exists?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet right wingers would in fact know a lot about how boots on people work, considering their long history of trampling other's rights...

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    So Trump is denying reality because it is inconvenient for him, and he is going to suddenly stop denying reality because reasons?
    He is denying it because the Democrats broke precedent they don't even let everyone in the house in the interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Your fears are based in nothing but conspiracy theories, especially considering it's not "progressives" currently ignoring the rule of law and defying subpoenas.

The only authoritarian around is Trump.
    I mean i've felt the Executive branch has had too much power since FDR...soo yeah he is, but it was made that way but both sides trying to fuck the other over....not surprised in the slightest at this point. Don't worry when trumps out you will get your autheritain who will put it to those evil right wingers.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

I know you refuse to see anything past the scope of your own ideology, but remember this when a Democrat President gets and impeachment inquiry from a republican majority house that doesn't feel like they have to hold a vote since Pelosi broke precedent.

It's the nuclear option all over again, and I will be there with "see I told you so"
    They can do whatever they want? It's not like republicans have much interest in legislating anything but irresponsible tax cuts anyways.

7+ Year Old Account
    You’re still not getting your job back. Self reflection is needed when you’re fired, you lack the ability to do so.

He is denying it because the Democrats broke precedent they don't even let everyone in the house in the interviews.
    They haven't.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Regarding the bold; people are explicitly asking you to provide sources to back your claims up, which demonstrates they're not just willing but actively seeking to listen to what you have to say.

Your refusal to provide that evidence means you're not saying anything worth hearing.

Also, the bullshit about "authoritarian progressives and left wingers who wish to enslave humanity" is just complete fucking nonsense. A straight-up, vicious-minded, deliberate lie.
    We need to use this response as sort of an "out of office" auto reply to these Trumpkins. Because it's spot on and covers so much of their canned responses based on the GOP talking points.

If people make claims and can't back them, they need to be called out on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my personal opinion, I simply don't see this thing going anywhere.

The case is simply not strong enough, at most House will vote for impeachment, which will then get shot down in Senate. Trump will claim victory, claim the whole thing is partisan bullshit like collusion was and will probably win another term from the point of strength.

IMO, it's more noise than anything right now and it was a mistake to launch the whole thing on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    They can do whatever they want? It's not like republicans have much interest in legislating anything but irresponsible tax cuts anyways.
    Can and should are something to consider in this argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I bet right wingers would in fact know a lot about how boots on people work, considering their long history of trampling other's rights...
    Indeed, which is why i said what i did. it must be astounding to you to meet someone who actually can acknowledge the fault of their ideology.