Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Realistically he knows she officially is but he doesn't feel like she's in control. Thus the expression "As far as I am concerned" That's how expressions work, it's not a literal meaning.
    Yes, we know he doesn't like Pelosi, or as he calls her "Nancy".

And it's fucking dumb anyways. He's accusing her of losing control, despite the fact that she kept the push for impeachment quiet up until now when there's too much evidence to NOT move forward. She has lost no control, Trump just wishes she has. It's part of his stupid strategy, and it'll probably work with his base because "RADICAL LEFTISTS RADICAL LEFTISTS"

Realistically he knows she officially is but he doesn't feel like she's in control. Thus the expression "As far as I am concerned" That's how expressions work, it's not a literal meaning.
    Trump is POTUS. His stupid bullshit is historical record.

Besides, when he breaks the law you people act like he exonerated because he's the POTUS and held to different standards, then he says stupid bullshit and then you want to act like he isn't held to different standards.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Trump is POTUS. His stupid bullshit is historical record.

Besides, when he breaks the law you people act like he exonerated because he's the POTUS and held to different standards, then he says stupid bullshit and then you want to act like he isn't held to different standards.
    Pretty sure people with common sense knows he was being expressive.

Then where were those people with Mueller Report findings came out? Because Trump committed conspiracy and obstruction and was only let off because he's held to different standards than the people.

So as far as you're concerned, crimes he's above the people, words he's the same as the people?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Then where were those people with Mueller Report findings came out? Because Trump committed conspiracy and obstruction and was only let off because he's held to different standards than the people.

So as far as you're concerned, crimes he's above the people, words he's the same as the people?
    So Trump can't make a snide remark about Pelosi because people might take him literally because of the Mueller investigation?
    OK...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    скомпрометированы

Edit: Remember that everyone is expected to post in the same language, for an ease of communication.
    To be fair, he was speaking about the far right wing. That is their language.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    The punishment he deserves is far greater than impeachment.
    He has committed treason as far as I'm concerned and the sentence for that is capital punishment which is something I very rarely support but in this case I think it is necessary. We need to reestablish the checks and balances between the branches of government that he has spent the past few years violating.

A president doing the things he has done can not happen again.

So Trump can't make a snide remark about Pelosi because people might take him literally because of the Mueller investigation?
    OK...
    Why are you struggling with reading?

Is Trump held to different standards, yes or fucking no?

With Trump, it's hard to tell.

Sometimes he's being literal and we should take him figuratively.
    Sometimes he's being figurative, but we should take him literally.
    Sometimes he's being figurative and we should take it that way.
    Sometimes he's being literal and we should take it that way.

There's a reason he has an army of, "What he meant was..." translators ready to spin whatever his lasted stupid fucking comment was.

Don't get me wrong, it's clear he was just giving his personal view on the matter, but it's still fucking stupid.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2019-09-25 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    With Trump, it's hard to tell.

Sometimes he's being literal and we should take him figuratively.
    Sometimes he's being figurative, but we should take him literally.
    Sometimes he's being figurative and we should take it that way.
    Sometimes he's being literal and we should take it that way.

There's a reason he has an army of, "What he meant was..." translators ready to spin whatever his lasted stupid fucking comment was.
    When he says " As far as I am concerned" it takes the guess work out

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you struggling with reading?

Is Trump held to different standards, yes or fucking no?
    Different standards? He's not allowed to say expressive comments?

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    To be fair, he was speaking about the far right wing. That is their language.
    Ironic, considering that is the term literally coined and pushed in about every eastern bloc country, demonstrably left wing. There is just no real English equivalent to what it means.

Different standards? He's not allowed to say expressive comments?
    All your doing is proving you are either not smart enough to understand the question being asked of you or that you know the answer to the question makes your Trump worship stupid so you;'re trying to play games to avoid from admitting it....so either way, good job, I guess.

All your doing is proving you are either not smart enough to understand the question being asked of you or that you know the answer to the question makes your Trump worship stupid so you;'re trying to play games to avoid from admitting it....so either way, good job, I guess.
    I know what you're saying, I am questioning your logic and instead of defending it you're offering up insults.

10+ Year Old Account
    When he says " As --
    House GOP leader questions whether Pelosi should stay on as Speaker

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) blasted Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-Calif.) decision to launch an impeachment inquiry, calling it a “dark day” for the rule of law.

He also questioned whether Pelosi should stay on as Speaker or step down.

“I think what the Speaker did was a dark day, not only for this institution, but for the rule of law. And she put this country in harm's way when it comes to national security and our view around the world,” he told reporters Wednesday.

McCarthy said it was wrong for Pelosi to launch an impeachment inquiry as President Trump met with foreign leaders at the United Nations.

“At the exact same time, the leader of our country is sitting in the U.N., meeting with other world leaders — a challenge with Iran, a challenge with China and others — and she stands before that she's going to do a press conference all day long to say what's going to happen with impeachment, and she claims he violated law with no proof, with no information, simply the fact that she does not like the outcome of the election,” he said. “That questions her ability to even be Speaker in my eyes.”
    Wow. That sounds like Republican leadership saying Pelosi seriously and literally should not be Speaker!

Also:
    1) I was unaware of the clause in the Constitution which says "You cannot impeach a President during a crisis".

2) Trump created both the issue with Iran, and the issue with China, and he did both without the House or Senate. Suggesting he should not be impeached because of the crises he created is pretty messed up.

3) Pelosi has proof. Trump handed it to her. He pushed a foreign country to investigate a political rival.

4) There might be more proof, but at time of writing, Trump is withholding it. That could change any second, but barring time travel, he was withholding it when the inquiry was announced.

5) When did Pelosi bring up the election? I missed that. But yes, Trump also admitted he asked a foreign country for help in 2016, too, so it's actually relevant. Not what I expected from a GOP member, but, there we are.

6) I also don't get the implication that, somehow, the country is in so much of a crisis that we can't replace Trump, but we can replace Pelosi. That's just stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's always the excuse.

"He didn't REALLY mean what he said."

Even when Trump says he really meant it.

OK...
    People will take him literally, because nothing in his comments contextually suggested he was speaking in any other manner.

When he says " As far as I am concerned" it takes the guess work out
    You've got two choices, here;

Either Trump knows the President doesn't have a say in who the Speaker of the House is, and thus he knows he doesn't have any "concern" to begin with, so his comment was a deliberate lie intended to suggest he has more authority than he actually has.

Or Trump doesn't know this, because he thinks he's a King, and he's an idiot.

Take your pick. The point here is that the President of the United States doesn't get any consideration when determining who the Speaker of the House is. If he wants to pretend otherwise, he's a bullshitting liar. He isn't "concerned", and nobody gives a single fuck what his opinion is on the matter, because he doesn't get a say.

"As far as I'm concerned" is not a statement that you're speaking metaphorically or "expressively". It's a statement of your personal stance and how you will proceed moving forward. If a police officer says, of a suspect, "as far as I'm concerned, he did it", he's looking to arrest the guy, he's not agreeing that the guy's innocent and should walk. Stop pretending basic English phrases mean something they do not.
    Last edited by Endus; 2019-09-25 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's always the excuse.

"He didn't REALLY mean what he said."

Even when Trump says he really meant it.

People will take him literally, because nothing in his comments contextually suggested he was speaking in any other manner.

You've got two choices, here;

Either Trump knows the President doesn't have a say in who the Speaker of the House is, and thus he knows he doesn't have any "concern" to begin with, so his comment was a deliberate lie intended to suggest he has more authority than he actually has.

Or Trump doesn't know this, because he thinks he's a King, and he's an idiot.

Take your pick. The point here is that the President of the United States doesn't get any consideration when determining who the Speaker of the House is. If he wants to pretend otherwise, he's a bullshitting liar. He isn't "concerned", and nobody gives a single fuck what his opinion is on the matter, because he doesn't get a say.
    When someone says "As far as I am concerned" You can take them literally because he just made an expressive statement, that's how they work. Seriously out of all the things to criticize Trump on this bothers you?

Wonder why I am not seeing headlines all over the major news network "Trump thinks he can oust Pelosi as speaker of the house with mere words!"

10+ Year Old Account
    When someone says "As far as I am concerned" You can take them literally because he just made an expressive statement, that's how they work. Seriously out of all the things to criticize Trump on this bothers you?
    They are speaking literally. The phrase does not suggest otherwise. It's a statement that you don't care what other people think, you hold this particular view.

And here, Trump is saying that he doesn't think Pelosi is Speaker of the House. He either thinks he has the authority to remove her (he doesn't, so he's an idiot), or he's trying to pretend he has such authority to grandstand for his base (like a bloviating fuckhead), or he's just obviously wrong about basic facts (and, as with the first, is an idiot).

There's no way in basic English parlance that what he said can be translated as a mere expression of his personal preference. It's like if someone said "as far as I'm concerned, vaccines cause autism", and you were complaining they were being labelled an anti-vaxxer. Well, they are. That's literally what they said.

Wonder why I am not seeing headlines all over the major news network "Trump thinks he can oust Pelosi as speaker of the house with mere words!"
    Because you're not even looking?

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/a...e-nancy-pelosi
    https://www.politicususa.com/2019/09...the-house.html
    https://theweek.com/speedreads/86776...-speaker-house
    https://www.sfgate.com/politics/arti...s-14467585.php
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...r-of-the-house

And that's just from the first page of a quick Google.

I know what you're saying, I am questioning your logic and instead of defending it you're offering up insults.
    No you aren't. You are trying to obfuscate the very question asked of you, because you know you can answer it honestly and look rational. So you're doing what your kind always does instead, troll duh libtards!!!!!!!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They are speaking literally. The phrase does not suggest otherwise. It's a statement that you don't care what other people think, you hold this particular view.

And here, Trump is saying that he doesn't think Pelosi is Speaker of the House. He either thinks he has the authority to remove her (he doesn't, so he's an idiot), or he's trying to pretend he has such authority to grandstand for his base (like a bloviating fuckhead), or he's just obviously wrong about basic facts (and, as with the first, is an idiot).

There's no way in basic English parlance that what he said can be translated as a mere expression of his personal preference.

Because you're not even looking?

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/a...e-nancy-pelosi
    https://www.politicususa.com/2019/09...the-house.html
    https://theweek.com/speedreads/86776...-speaker-house
    https://www.sfgate.com/politics/arti...s-14467585.php
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...r-of-the-house

And that's just from the first page of a quick Google.
    He still isn't aware that Trump is running for President in 2020. I'm seeing the Speaker story almost every where now. Going to be a very interesting week.
    Last edited by cubby; 2019-09-25 at 08:36 PM.