Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Sorry, the only one bringing her up is your side.
    And yet you posted in thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Sorry, Clinton's lawyers facilitating deletion of her emails after subpoena that expressly called for them to be kept is a fact.

And trying to get people to ignore facts like that is how she lost.
    Objective proof you're a liar. Whoops.

Looking at Fox News today throughout all this has been crazy. In that if you get your news from Fox, you probably think you live in a totally different reality than the one real people actually exist in. One of their main stories has been Clinton's fucking emails. What is wrong with these people? This is a point where the only unfair part about calling them mentally ill is that it's unfair to the mentally ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    I don't get why people keep bringing her up as some kind of defense for Trump. Trump does something illegal, "BUH BUH WHAT ABOUT CLINTON!"

- - - Updated - - -

It might be hard for some to like Pelosi, but you've gotta respect how much she's playing Trump hard.
    Hank Paulson (Bush’s Treasury Secretary) could not stand her. Although he ended up spending a lot of time in her office working on the 2008 Economic Bailout package. In his book, “On The Brink”, there were some stories about Nancy Pelosi.

"We were in Nancy Pelosi's conference room…she maintained an elegant, almost formal atmosphere, with fresh flowers and bowls of chocolates, that was quite removed from the rough-and-tumble of the floor."

"Once, when I walked in with a cup of Diet Coke, she'd said, 'Oh, we don't use plastic cups,' and an aide promptly handed me a very nice glass for my drink."
    Except for whiffs of his ire for Nancy Pelosi making him pour his Diet Coke into a glass, very nice glass according to him, the book actually flatters her quite generously in term of getting the Democrats to vote for the bailout package. He openly admitted that without her, there would have been no bailout package.

It was a very unpopular bill among Democrats. Congressional Democrats unanimously viewed the meltdown as the result of failed policies of the Bush administration. Leading up to the crisis, House Republicans resisted regulation, discipline and supervision. Now, when the walls were about to come tumbling down, Democrats were opposed intervention.

It is a testament to Pelosi’s capability that 172 Democrats ended up voting in favor of the bill and only 62 opposed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Shit, why can't Rooney be my representative. He sounds like a really decent person.
    Only decent compared to the average republican. He's anti-ACA, anti-abortion, anti-DACA, wants concealed carry reciprocity, loves trump's tax cut, wants to purge the FBI of non-trump supporters, and is a deep state nut.

This matter, his occasional environmental support, and inconsistent support for rational firearms policies are his lone saving graces.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

EXCLUSIVE: Rudy Giuliani pushed Trump administration to grant a visa to a Ukrainian official promising dirt on Democrats https://t.co/3l6DEjqi7l https://t.co/ZQhAxnxi99
    https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/stat...231751168?s=19

We are eventually going to have a story about Giuliani offering the state of North Dakota for dirt on Biden.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Only decent compared to the average republican. He's anti-ACA, anti-abortion, anti-DACA, wants concealed carry reciprocity, loves trump's tax cut, wants to purge the FBI of non-trump supporters, and is a deep state nut.

This matter, his occasional environmental support, and inconsistent support for rational firearms policies are his lone saving graces.
    I am anti-ACA, anti-abortion, pro-DACA, all for concealed carry reciprocity, thinks Trump's tax cut is a scam, want to protect the independence of the FBI and other federal agencies, and love nuts, especially walnuts.

So some clear differences of opinion, but I am on board with some of that.
    "We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine." DJT- Jan 22, 2020
    "And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done." DJT- Feb 26, 2020
    “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.” DJT- Feb 27, 2020

I know it's a joke, but I've honestly been wondering lately when we'd start getting reports of Trump trying to sell/trade blue states like Hawaii. The republican base already thinks it's a separate country based on how they talked about it during the Obama years.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/stat...231751168?s=19

We are eventually going to have a story about Giuliani offering the state of North Dakota for dirt on Biden.
    Wouldn't be a bad way to go about things, there's nothing but dirt in North Dakota.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I know it's a joke, but I've honestly been wondering lately when we'd start getting reports of Trump trying to sell/trade blue states like Hawaii. The republican base already thinks it's a separate country based on how they talked about it during the Obama years.
    I was thinking Puerto Rico would be the one he'd trade to Russia for being a drain on FEMA and always being in the way of hurricanes.

A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Ah, Trump voters. They never fail to disappoint.

Trump's reelection campaign is now selling "Get over it" T-Shirts. So that is a thing. Trump's chief of staff admits to federal crimes on behalf of the President, but tells people just to get over it, then said President's campaign prints the quote on a T-Shirt and sells it to his supporters.

The "Law and Order" candidate everyone!
    "We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine." DJT- Jan 22, 2020
    "And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done." DJT- Feb 26, 2020
    “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.” DJT- Feb 27, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Ah, Trump voters. They never fail to disappoint.

Trump's reelection campaign is now selling "Get over it" T-Shirts. So that is a thing. Trump's chief of staff admits to federal crimes on behalf of the President, but tells people just to get over it, then said President's campaign prints the quote on a T-Shirt and sells it to his supporters.

The "Law and Order" candidate everyone!
    I mean, they were selling $15 sharpies after "sharpiegate", this isn't remotely surprising. This is the troll party, and the troll candidate, and the troll campaign.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...edName=topNews

And Perry won't cooperate, surprising nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And Perry won't cooperate, surprising nobody.
    Claiming the inquiry isn't official so they don't have to do shit. Well, time for subpoenas.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Claiming the inquiry isn't official so they don't have to do shit. Well, time for subpoenas.
    He’s ignoring a subpoena.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He’s ignoring a subpoena.
    They should start throwing people in jail for contempt of congress. Why would anyone comply if they know they wont be held accountable? Maybe people would take the subpoenas more seriously if they knew there was an actual consequence for their actions (or inaction).

Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    They should start throwing people in jail for contempt of congress. Why would anyone comply if they know they wont be held accountable? Maybe people would take the subpoenas more seriously if they knew there was an actual consequence for their actions (or inaction).
    They would have to make a jail for that purpose as the DoJ refuses to enforce their subpoenas.

Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    They have two choices;

1> Throw people in jail until they comply with congressional subpoenas, or
    2> Stop claiming that Congress has subpoena power, because any power you won't enforce doesn't functionally exist; if Congress demands you give them something, say "fuck you" and ignore them, because they can't do shit.

The Republicans are playing legislative chicken, expecting that the Democrats won't actually enforce the law. But that's pushing it to the point where either they act and jail offenders for this, or Congress permanently loses the power of subpoena moving forward. As bad as the former may be, pretty much everyone would agree the latter is worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They would have to make a jail for that purpose as the DoJ refuses to enforce their subpoenas.
    The DOJ isn't the sole source. They can turn to any law enforcement agency, theoretically. The obvious one would be Washington D.C.'s police force. The District is technically under Congress' purview, so it's not even a stretch; the Washington D.C. police are more properly the enforcement arm of Congress in this than the FBI would be, really.

And D.C. already has jails, so that's covered.
    Last edited by Endus; 2019-10-19 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Nah, we're just fed up with Democrats trying to get another 2016 re-do.
    Again, this whole new scandal started when Trump tried to pressure the Ukraine to back up his conspiracy theory about how Russia wasn't responsible for the DNC hack in 2016. Project more lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They have two choices;

1> Throw people in jail until they comply with congressional subpoenas, or
    2> Stop claiming that Congress has subpoena power, because any power you won't enforce doesn't functionally exist; if Congress demands you give them something, say "fuck you" and ignore them, because they can't do shit.

The Republicans are playing legislative chicken, expecting that the Democrats won't actually enforce the law. But that's pushing it to the point where either they act and jail offenders for this, or Congress permanently loses the power of subpoena moving forward. As bad as the former may be, pretty much everyone would agree the latter is worse.
    I've been trying to work out if it's political cowardice on the Democrats' part, or if they literally can't enforce Congressional subpoenas because that's literally how pathetic the US government's oversight powers are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The DOJ isn't the sole source. They can turn to any law enforcement agency, theoretically. The obvious one would be Washington D.C.'s police force. The District is technically under Congress' purview, so it's not even a stretch; the Washington D.C. police are more properly the enforcement arm of Congress in this than the FBI would be, really.

And D.C. already has jails, so that's covered.
    Actually, the force to turn to would be the Capitol Police, which is distinct from the DC Metropolitan Police.

The Capitol Police take their marching orders directly from Congress with the executive branch getting no say whatsoever. They're basically Congress' Secret Service.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    You didn't correct anything lmfao. You linked something that contradicted your own claim.....
    They really can't get good help these days, I guess the bottom fell out of the turnip market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Actually, the force to turn to would be the Capitol Police, which is distinct from the DC Metropolitan Police.

The Capitol Police take their marching orders directly from Congress with the executive branch getting no say whatsoever. They're basically Congress' Secret Service.
    Sure, I wasn't making an argument on which specific force it would be (I never said "DC Metropolitan Police"), just that A> Congress has exclusive jurisdiction over D.C., B> D.C. has police forces and jails, and thus C> the DOJ can sit and spin, they don't matter in this equation.