Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    It's very unprecedented, we have Clinton to compare how his investigation went.

Two big differences between the clinton impeachment and Trumps is first there was a special prosecutor doing the behind the scenes investigations. With Trumps DOJ now controlled by Barr who appears to be neck deep in this fiasco this is not an option which requires the democrats do the initial evidence finding in the house. Second the vote to start the process in the clinton impeachment was due to them needing to grant themselves the power to subpoena. The GOP in all their benghazi hyperventilating granted that power full time to committee heads so there is no need/reason to do that vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    Can I ask a question?

Where do you get your information from?

The last several posts I've read from you read like some Alternate Earth Novel, as though you are seeing the opposite of everything that has actually happened?

I mean it's not like Fox News or anything, it's just always and consistently off/wrong?
    Breitbart/Infowars are running these types of headlines, almost verbatim.

I won't link any because I don't want to drive views to them, especially the latter because I'm pretty sure visiting it puts you on a list somewhere in the FBI, but yeah, they're the ones pushing that narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I've never seen someone so willingly reject reality before.
    It's crazy.

It's like you say to them that 2+2=4 and no matter what evidence you show them, they would only believe that 2+2=Purple.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    So it's alternative facts that they hold closed door testimony while keeping Republican members like say, Matt Gaetz out of the hearing. Prove me wrong, I proved you wrong with an example, prove me wrong.
    Gaetz isn't on the committees leading the investigation.

You've been proved wrong. Next.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    High crimes and misdemeanors by the President of the United States. And all ancillary investigations into related officials and associates that come out of that.

This is what impeachment inquiries are always about.

The inquiry was initiated on September 24th.

So not only not "years", but literally, "not quite a full month, yet'.

You're lying.

This is also a flat-out, blatant lie.

This impeachment inquiry has next to nothing to do with the Mueller Report, and there is no direct connection between the two investigations. Again; you're lying. The Mueller Report was looking into entirely different issues than the current impeachment inquiry is.

For someone who was just making up bullshit to condemn the inquiry as "purely partisan", it's blatant and shameless hypocrisy for you to suggest the Senate will be purely partisan in their own portion of the impeachment proceedings, and that their blind partisanship is a good thing in your view.

Trump's base gets riled up when a 16 year old is angry about climate change, or when a black football player kneels during the anthem. They're practically permanently "riled".
    In all your blustering and bloviating and hanging on my every word, you misunderstood as usual and take everything literally. The democrats have been trying for years to make ANYTHING remove Trump from office. You know this, and denying it is being disingenuous. They tried Russia. That failed. They tried Ukraine. That Failed. Now it's, let's closed door single party investigate calling it an inquiry.

I want just one of you hypocrites to look at this honestly. How would you react if this shit was being thrown at Obama. Closed door one party investigations would be heresy if it was Obama. You guys can keep pretending that all this is really going to do something BUT you know they are not going to even have a vote for impeachment. And you are being dishonest because you know exactly what I am talking about but for some reason are pretending to be aloof.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not going to get into it with you, but the simple fact that it isn't only Democrats that are in the closed doors meetings/testimonies is a good start.
    The real issue here isn't about closed doors per se...it's about a fair bipartisan process.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Again, this isn't happening.
    Report it for pushing a conspiracy theory, because that’s what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Gaetz isn't on the committees leading the investigation.

You've been proved wrong. Next.
    Please link where i said he was on the committee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    Report it for pushing a conspiracy theory, because that’s what it is.
    Why are Republicans in the hearings saying they are not allowed to ask questions? I guess you wanting people reported is your way of censoring. I am shocked that a person who wants so much investigated doesn't want Republicans asking questions.

If he isn't on the committees he has no right to be there. No go back to the sewer you crawled out of, let another nutjob take over for a bit.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-10-24 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Well at least they're being honest now.

Show me how this isn't happening. Democrats and Republicans are involved in the committee hearing testimony.
    Are Republicans involved if they can not ask questions?

10+ Year Old Account
    ... while keeping Republican members like say, Matt Gaetz out of the hearing...
    Right there.

He's on the Glue Eating committee, and thus isn't allowed in other committee's meetings.

Okay, what are they investigating and why is it only the democratic party who gets to investigate and ask questions? Why are checks and balances allowed to just one party?
    The republicans are there as well asking questions. As to why the republicans can't call their own witnesses, it's because THE REPUBLICANS CHANGED THE HOUSE RULES WHEN THEY WERE IN POWER SAYING THAT THE MINORITY PARTY ISN'T ALLOWED TO SUBPEONA WITNESSES.

Who says they can't? The better question is, are they asking the right questions?
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    The real issue here isn't about closed doors per se...it's about a fair bipartisan process.
    Can you please link anyone from the GOP House that complained this week about not being involved in the investigation? Please - link or stop your deflecting.

- - - Updated - - -

You two - please give us links to GOP House members complaining about not being able to ask questions. Link or stop your lies.

A shouting match ensued between Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) and some Democrats in the room as Schiff left to consult with the Sergeant at Arms, according to Rep. Gerald E. Connolly (D-Va.), who witnessed the scene.

At one point, Rep. K. Michael Conaway (R-Texas), a senior member of the House Intelligence Committee, started to collect the Republicans’ phones, appearing to realize having the electronics there was a bad idea, Connolly said.

Gohmert, one of Trump’s top defenders, used the opportunity to rail against what he described as injustice toward the president. Many Democrats sat watching, not wanting to engage.

Minutes after entering, several members of the group who do not sit on committees involved in the inquiry walked out, saying they were barred from the room.

-------------

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Show me how this isn't happening. Democrats and Republicans are involved in the committee hearing testimony.
    Republicans have no rights to subpoena witnesses and have very limited access to closed door hearings. Surely you know this.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

It is fair and it is as bipartisan as it can be.

It is being carried out within the constraints of the constitution. It's fair, I don't even understand what the arguments about it not being fair are. They are gathering information, preventing witnesses from hearing the testimony of other witnesses, which is normal for an investigation. Public hearings come later.

And bipartisan, well they aren't being blocked. The republicans in those committees are still present. They just have no real interest in participating in the process. It just so happens republicans who engage in witness intimidation like Gaetz aren't on those committees.

This is all a fabricated a problem. No credible investigation gets carried out in the open, because such an investigation would only serve the interests of those who wish to obstruct it.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Republicans have no rights to subpoena witnesses and have very limited access to closed door hearings. Surely you know this.
    Do you know why they don't? Are you even aware of the genesis of the things you're bitching about? You Trumpistas are just beyond ridiculous in your deflecting and trolling.

Republicans have no rights to subpoena because they passed that rule when they were in power. Whoops.

So it's alternative facts that they hold closed door testimony while keeping Republican members like say, Matt Gaetz out of the hearing. Prove me wrong, I proved you wrong with an example, prove me wrong.
    Gaetz is on the Judiciary committee and has no right to attend hearings for committee's he doesn't sit on. No member of Congress does. Republicans on the committees in question are all in attendance. His attendance shouldn't even come up, because it's irrelevant.

You're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    Are you seriously asking what are they investigating? Come on, dude. Stop being disingenuous.

Also, why do you think only the Democratic party gets to investigate and ask questions. They have held hearings where several officials who have shown their willingness to share what they have witnessed and have testified to Congress - which means Democrats and Republicans are represented. It's not just a bunch of Democrats in these rooms.

If the Republicans would stop trying to protect the resident and instead protect the Constitution, maybe things can get done in a positive way for our country, but their blatant partisanship and lack of spine is being displayed for everyone to see.
    I seriously want to know what YOU think they are investigating. NO one knows because closed door testimony where the original witness for the inquiry is not even going to testify. Enlighten me as to what they are investigating. I see it as a continuation of years of trying to remove Trump for anything, but please, tell me what trumpkins think they are investigating him for. And Republicans have been saying they do not get to ask questions.

Also bad news for everyone in this thread....IF and it's a big IF they actually do an impeachment hearing, These "witnesses" are going to have to answer more then just democratic party questions. And also remember that the senate will not have 20 Republicans change side and vote him out. You can keep whining and getting excited over testimony that is one sided and cheers you up, but it's ultimately meaningless.
    Last edited by TexasRules; 2019-10-23 at 06:36 PM.