The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Some radio host said he should recuse himself because in response to Trump calling a judge an "obama judge" (if I recall correctly) Roberts said something along the lines of "there are no "X judges" just judges."

They were trying to argue this displayed bias against Trump. I'd like to just say it's one guy, but you know the group think works. One guy comes up with some nonsense and they all pick it up since it sounds reasonable to them.
    I heard about that, too. Roberts won't recuse himself and the idiot GOP can't do anything about it - no matter what nonsense they try.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Roberts is as much of a political hack as Lindsey Graham make no mistake about that he won't do shit about it. The GOP want to run a Russian propaganda campaign in the senate and they will do it for all to see to protect Trump, the constitution seems to be very vague as to Roberts role seems to be mostly ceremonial. The GOP has already said they will clear Trump the whole thing is going to be a complete conspiracy shit show.
    Um, yeah...I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you about Roberts. Equating him to Graham makes it clear you haven't been paying attention - at all.

Roberts role won't be "ceremonial" - he will be the trial judge for the Impeachment Trial. In fact he will be running the entire show. Now, granted, the GOP has already made up it's mind, and a few GOP Senators, including the aforementioned Graham, have said they won't even look at the evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

And in the senate these won't be requests they have the majority so they will subpoena the Bidens and follow every conspiracy theory. The plan is to validate Trump's insanity to the American people to say he was right to break the law for his own personal gain. If the Bidens have any balls they will challenge it in court but I don't expect anyone with a last name Biden to have balls or a spine.
    They can subpoena, but the Trial Judge will rule on their validity. Biden is completely irrelevant to the matter at hand in the Impeachment Trial, and Roberts will dismiss them. Roberts won't let this turn into a circus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    All of this is just theater to give republican senators enough wiggle room to vote no on convicting trump in the senate trial.
    “Trump might have broken the law, who knows... but what we DO know is that those Biden’s sure look guilty, amiright everyone? Huh? HUH?”
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Biden is completely irrelevant to the matter at hand in the Impeachment Trial
    Although if the GoP wants to drag Biden in, why not make a deal? If they convict Trump, Biden drops out. Neither Trump nor Biden get to be president. Sounds fair

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    “Trump might have broken the law, who knows... but what we DO know is that those Biden’s sure look guilty, amiright everyone? Huh? HUH?”
    Whataboutism is going to be the GoP's main course for a loooong time. Unfortunately, for the...uh....country.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Although if the GoP wants to drag Biden in, why not make a deal? If they convict Trump, Biden drops out. Neither Trump nor Biden get to be president. Sounds fair
    Lol, that would be an interesting compromise. I don't like the idea of tainting Trump's clearly felonious activities with some kind of deal. However, anything to keep him out of the White House is open for discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

For those of us who held out hope that Graham cock-sucking ways were behind him and he was coming back to reality, we can bury that in the backyard. Graham is back in full form supporting the President.

Graham now says Impeachment Inquiry invalid without whistleblower's testimony.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Genuine question.... how the fuck does Lindsey Graham stay upright with his chronic lack of spine?
    I feel like I can't be the only one thinking of the obvious answer. Anyways at least the nonsense they do won't have any impact on the process.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Fair play to the man, I guess.

Trump impeachment chaos set to be exposed after former adviser John Bolton 'signs $2m book deal'

(Didn't see if it was posted already)
    That should be very interesting. Maybe come out in time for Christmas?

Love him or hate him (and who doesn't) Bolton is fucking smart. Wicked smart. A book by him that goes to the truth of Trump's incompetence would be very interesting.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I doubt he has it written already. For it to hit by Christmas he'd have to have a completed manuscript that needs little revision.
    Good point. Perhaps in time for the Senate Impeachment Trial then? No matter what though, it can't be good news for Trump.

Good point. Perhaps in time for the Senate Impeachment Trial then? No matter what though, it can't be good news for Trump.
    Question, what do you think the odds that Bolton had been writing it while in office in preparation for his parting knowing this was coming eventually?

I mean that while Trump was supposed to be the scapegoat of the GOPs dreams when it comes to passing bad policies that backfired immensely when it came to passing the blame. They had to know that this was coming eventually with how bad he has been.

What do you think the odds of him starting this a long time ago for a final FU out the door and money grab for himself? Especially with all the stuff even he didn't want any part in and as a way of distancing himself.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Question, what do you think the odds that Bolton had been writing it while in office in preparation for his parting knowing this was coming eventually?

I mean that while Trump was supposed to be the scapegoat of the GOPs dreams when it comes to passing bad policies that backfired immensely when it came to passing the blame. They had to know that this was coming eventually with how bad he has been.

What do you think the odds of him starting this a long time ago for a final FU out the door and money grab for himself? Especially with all the stuff even he didn't want any part in and as a way of distancing himself.
    Someone claiming to be either a current or former senior official in the White House has already released a book about being inside the Trump administration. With Trump's racism, misogyny, incompetence, and wannabe dictator attitude, none of the content in the book is really that far of a stretch to imagine. It's just a little shocking that we can have a president this awful and not have removed him yet.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...5a8_story.html
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Someone claiming to be either a current or former senior official in the White House has already released a book about being inside the Trump administration. With Trump's racism, misogyny, incompetence, and wannabe dictator attitude, none of the content in the book is really that far of a stretch to imagine. It's just a little shocking that we can have a president this awful and not have removed him yet.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...5a8_story.html
    Yes, I know about that guy, I was referring to Bolton himself, if maybe he personally had been writing his own book while in the administration to cash and in cover his butt for after he was out of office and when things hit the fan.

What were the odds that Bolton's book is already been about done.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Genuine question.... how the fuck does Lindsey Graham stay upright with his chronic lack of spine?
    Pump enough hot air, and the outward pressure will be enough.

IUm, yeah...I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you about Roberts. Equating him to Graham makes it clear you haven't been paying attention - at all.

Roberts role won't be "ceremonial" - he will be the trial judge for the Impeachment Trial. In fact he will be running the entire show. Now, granted, the GOP has already made up it's mind, and a few GOP Senators, including the aforementioned Graham, have said they won't even look at the evidence.
    The constitution doesn't specify anything about this role and past supreme court judges have been mostly ceremonial in those proceeding letting the senate do what it wants. This type of behavior is not without precedent it is the best way for him to let Trump have his way and pretend to be neutral. If you do not think Roberts is another nut job hiding behind the veneer of the court then look at his votes during this administration. The supreme court has been helping Trump and the GOP most of the time, just because once in a blue moon he votes with the democrats doesn't mean anything. I think you have bought into the whole image thing let me make this clear all the conservatives on the supreme court are Trumpists they were hand picked because they were extremists.

They can subpoena, but the Trial Judge will rule on their validity. Biden is completely irrelevant to the matter at hand in the Impeachment Trial, and Roberts will dismiss them. Roberts won't let this turn into a circus.
    He isn't a trial judge as said above Roberts won't do jack shit he is a clown like the rest of them you are in for some major disappointments.
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2019-11-10 at 10:46 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post

Definitely a possibility. Bolton is exceedingly bright and certainly knows how to read the lay of the land. He definitely could have seen how previous Trump staff had ended up and started taking notes for the book then.

- - - Updated - - -

The constitution doesn't specify anything about this role and past supreme court judges have been mostly ceremonial in those proceeding letting the senate do what it wants. This type of behavior is not without precedent it is the best way for him to let Trump have his way and pretend to be neutral. If you do not think Roberts is another nut job hiding behind the veneer of the court then look at his votes during this administration. The supreme court has been helping Trump and the GOP most of the time, just because once in a blue moon he votes with the democrats doesn't mean anything. I think you have bought into the whole image thing let me make this clear all the conservatives on the supreme court are Trumpists they were hand picked because they were extremists.
    The Constitution is very clear as to his role - not sure how you don't know that. The previous impeachment trial had Reinquist running things smoothly - but he was running things. I do not think Roberts is a nut job - where are you getting this idea? I don't agree with his stance on many issues but he's been reasonable when it comes to Trump, going so far as to chastise Trump when he felt it was necessary.

Can you provide some examples of what you're saying?

He isn't a trial judge as said above Roberts won't do jack shit he is a clown like the rest of them you are in for some major disappointments.
    He will be soon. And I think I will not be disappointed. Roberts will do a fine job in that role.

Definitely a possibility. Bolton is exceedingly bright and certainly knows how to read the lay of the land. He definitely could have seen how previous Trump staff had ended up and started taking notes for the book then.

- - - Updated - - -

The Constitution is very clear as to his role - not sure how you don't know that. The previous impeachment trial had Reinquist running things smoothly - but he was running things. I do not think Roberts is a nut job - where are you getting this idea? I don't agree with his stance on many issues but he's been reasonable when it comes to Trump, going so far as to chastise Trump when he felt it was necessary.

Can you provide some examples of what you're saying?
    His voting record on the supreme court, I believe actions speak louder than words. I am not sure why some people have bought into this narrative that Roberts the guy who voted against same sex marriage, abortion is somehow now a "moderate" swing vote. You know the difference between a Roberts or Romney and a Lindsey Graham the later is just obvious about it.

He will be soon. And I think I will not be disappointed. Roberts will do a fine job in that role.
    Time will tell who is right but just like Romney he will just fall in line, they are all the same full of sound of fury signifying nothing when the stakes are high they show their true colors extremists and cowards.
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2019-11-11 at 12:35 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    His voting record on the supreme court, I believe actions speak louder than words. I am not sure why some people have bought into this narrative that Roberts the guy who voted against same sex marriage, abortion is somehow now a "moderate" swing vote. You know the difference between a Roberts or Romney and a Lindsey Graham the later is just obvious about it.
    I'm not sure anyone was trying to make the argument that Roberts has become a moderate swing vote. This is about his role in the Impeachment Trial. And so far everything that we've seen indicates that he will be reasonable and fair and not some slathering GOP lap dog.

Time will tell who is right but just like Romney he will just fall in line, they are all the same full of sound of fury signifying nothing when the stakes are high they show their true colors extremists and cowards.
    But not Roberts. Again, while his position on issues is something I mostly disagree with, where it's been possible, Roberts has publicly stood up to Trump. There is no indication that he will "fold" when the trial comes around. Moreover, there is no reason he needs to. And his most recent public statement was an indictment on Trump and bias.

But you're right, only time will tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems a pretty clear cut case of retaliation. Wonder if Lt Colonel Vindman will have grounds to sue for wrongful termination.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Fox News Contributor Causes Scene When She Names Alleged Whistleblower on Air

Typical it would happen on Fox. Typical there is some absolute shitter of a Trump ally willing to do this on TV like the fucking gremlin they are. Fox, at least, had reportedly had a decision in place to not name the supposed whistleblower on air. Can't control the idiots, sadly.
    And idiots is all they have on there now. Honestly, I'm surprised Faux News even tried to have some policy in place to not name them.

- - - Updated - - -

Lt. Colonel Vindman Fired.

“On Sunday, National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien said Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, who gave a bombshell testimony in the House impeachment investigation last month on President Donald Trump’s Ukraine scheme, will be removed from his post at the White House National Security Council…

...The national security adviser said Vindman, who currently serves as the council’s Director for European Affairs, will be removed as a part of the White House’s “streamlining” efforts.

“My understanding is he’s–that Colonel Vindman is detailed from the Department of Defense,” O’Brien said. “So everyone who’s detailed at the NSC, people are going to start going back to their own departments and we’ll bring in new folks.”

When Brennan asked O’Brien to confirm that the decision is not retaliation against Vindman, whom Trump has baselessly accused of being a “Never Trumper,” the national security adviser’s response was that he personally had never retaliated against anyone.”
    Streamlining
    Retaliation.

I hate to be the one to say it, but they really couldn't keep him there. Not sure Vindman would even want to be there - talk about a hostile working environment (apologies ahead of time for even remotely looking like I'm defending the Trump administration).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Seems a pretty clear cut case of retaliation. Wonder if Lt Colonel Vindman will have grounds to sue for wrongful termination.
    Not at that level.

10+ Year Old Account
    And on Veteran's Day weekend, no less. Fuck the country, loyalty to Trump is all that matters to him, that's the message I see.

Is it an impeachable offence to retaliate against someone like this, someone that has testified against him in impeachment hearings?
    What is or is not impeachable is largely up to Congress to decide since there isn't any clear standard for it in the Constitution.

Just ask the GOP; lying about a blowjob? Impeachable and he's a crook and we need to restore honor to the office!

Hold Congressionally approved foreign aid to an ally fighting off a Russian invasion to extort them for an investigation into your most likely challenger next year in the 2020 election? Perfectly okay and we do it all the time.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

How is it going?

Sorry, i've been OOTL recently, when do the open hearings begin?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    How is it going?

Sorry, i've been OOTL recently, when do the open hearings begin?
    Wednesday.