Q: Why are you confident that you can tell your dad not to worry about you challenging Pres Trump?

Lt. Col. Vindman: "Here, right matters."
    Damn straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's the narrative that Republicans are sure trying to create as they repeatedly try to publicly out the whistleblower on live TV.
    Yeah, the GOP is hiding behind "we want to know who the whistleblower is" and not "we want to know if this evidence is true". As they continue to throw around the term "Never Trumper", they're obviously trying to create the narrative that the whistleblower and I guess by proxy everyone else involved is biased and I guess the hope is, by demonstrating bias, all the evidence magically goes away.

To misquote @Thekri

Cop: "Do you know how fast you were going?"
    Me: "About 85 MPH"
    Cop: "Did you know it was a 45 Speed limit"
    Me: "Yes, but you are biased"
    Cop: "I'm biased against people who are speeding, because that's breaking the law"
    Me: "By your admission of bias the evidence you have collected, including your nonsentient radar gun and dash cam, are inadmissable despite being objective"
    Cop: "Checks out, you are free to go"

No-one is above the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I like how Jim Jordan keeps repeating the "Trump won in a landslide" line, like saying it will make it true.
    Jordan specifically said electoral landslide iirc.

Since Obama won by electoral landslide in 2012 (332-206)...it certainly can be reasonably argued that Trump won by electoral landslide in 2016 (306-232).
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Oh hey... The WH is attacking Vindman now with an out of context quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    From what we know the whistleblower had multiple sources.
    Perhaps we'll find out assuming Schiff let's him testify. But I won't hold my breath.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post

Since Obama won by electoral landslide in 2012 (332-206)...it certainly can be reasonably argued that Trump won by electoral landslide in 2016 (306-232).
    Just the numbers: 332-206 means Obama got 61% more EC votes. 306-232 means Trump got 31% more. I would really not equate the two margins.

It's Lieutenant Colonel Vindman, Mr Schiff!

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Oh hey... The WH is attacking Vindman now with an out of context quote.
    I can provide context.

The quote's source is Tim Morrison, who is also wrapped up in all this. In particular, he confirmed the quid-pro-quo and

also told House impeachment investigators that he was advised by then-White House official Fiona Hill to stay away from the parallel Ukraine policy being pursued by Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, according to one of the sources.
    In other words
    a) this is one defendant attacking another defendant, and
    b) Vindman responded by reading aloud former top Russia adviser Fiona Hill's final performance review of his work: "Alex is a top 1% military officer and the best Army officer I have worked with in my 15 years of government service. He is brilliant, unflappable and exercises excellent judgment.", and
    c) I see Trump has learned nothing. Having the WH tweet instead of him is no less witness intimidation.

No-one is above the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Just the numbers: 332-206 means Obama got 61% more EC votes. 306-232 means Trump got 31% more. I would really not equate the two margins.
    It's all a matter of perspective and subjective judgement. Spin at your own peril.

It's all a matter of perspective and subjective judgement. Spin at your own peril.
    Is that a warning based on experience? Are you getting dizzy from all the spinning you do?

A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.

Which is notably a smaller margin of victory. In fact, Trump's "Landslide" is the 46th greatest margin of victory out of a total of 58 Presidential elections. So no, it isn't true. Obama didn't win in a landslide in 2012 either.

Still, as many other people have pointed out, it is entirely irrelevant, it was said purely to get brownie points from the world's most fragile ego. For context, Richard Nixon won the electoral college 520 to 17, and he was still impeached and forced to resign. Now that is a landslide. Still didn't save him when he was caught in criminal activity.
    "I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for that meddling ANTIFA!" - Adolf Hitler
    "I really wish Ghostpanther would stop misquoting me" - Abraham Lincoln

I don't believe anyone ever claimed Obama won in a "landslide" in the Electoral College.

And if we're looking just at the electoral college margins, here's those figures; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...College_margin

Donald Trump only comes in at #46 of 58. Obama was #37. That means 45 of the 58 elections were won by wider margins than Trump. Which means Trump's margins are fairly narrow, in any objective sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps we'll find out assuming Schiff let's him testify. But I won't hold my breath.
    The whistleblower has already testified. That's what the whistleblower complaint is. Testimony.

Trumpers before Impeachment findings begin: "The Whistleblower has nothing but here say and secondhand knowledge so it can not be trusted."

Trumpers after Impeachment findings begin with multiple firsthand testimonies: "Why are we not hearing from the Whistleblower? None of their testimony matters he/she was the one who launched the complaint."

Google "obama electoral landslide 2012" and note that numerous MSM outlets reported Obama's 2012 win as an electoral landslide. I'm done on this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I don't believe anyone ever claimed Obama won in a "landslide" in the Electoral College.

And if we're looking just at the electoral college margins, here's those figures; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...College_margin

Donald Trump only comes in at #46 of 58. Obama was #37. That means 45 of the 58 elections were won by wider margins than Trump. Which means Trump's margins are fairly narrow, in any objective sense.
    Well obviously 46 is a larger number then 37 so Trump had a better victory. Don't you know how numbers work? /s

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...m-when-he-goes

Trump is claiming he's never met and doesn't know Vindman. Which for Trump, is actually pretty reasonable.

But it sure makes you wonder why Trump seems to know so few of his staffers/aides, and if that's normal for a president.

A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...m-when-he-goes

Trump is claiming he's never met and doesn't know Vindman. Which for Trump, is actually pretty reasonable.

But it sure makes you wonder why Trump seems to know so few of his staffers/aides, and if that's normal for a president.
    I thought that was funny as well. Trump not knowing who any of his advisors on key foreign policy issues are is not a thing that reflects well on him. For the advisor, that is just frustrating, he can't brief someone that doesn't want to be briefed. Ultimately it is the President who is required to receive that counsel, it is not the responsibility of an advisor to force it on him.
    "I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for that meddling ANTIFA!" - Adolf Hitler
    "I really wish Ghostpanther would stop misquoting me" - Abraham Lincoln

Google "obama electoral landslide 2012" and note that numerous MSM outlets reported Obama's 2012 win as an electoral landslide. I'm done on this subject.
    There's like 2, LA times and Thenation "never heard of it before"

Let's be honest, you struck luck on some reporting it as such, and ran for the hills.

On first page you got news like

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ery-close.html

Add the several front pages on the guardians sitem none talking about a landslide

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ults-live-blog

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like Vindman is the whistleblower's source.
    Who gives a rats ass about the whitleblower at this point..... listen to the far better sources, geesh you people.

And out of curiosity, why do you have the observation deck listed as location? It leaves the impression that you aren't American tbh. (not that it matters, neither am I)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Who gives a rats ass about the whitleblower at this point..... listen to the far better sources, geesh you people.
    Republicans do. Because they think if they can discredit him, they discredit everything.

Because they think that's how reality works.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Trumpers before Impeachment findings begin: "The Whistleblower has nothing but here say and secondhand knowledge so it can not be trusted."

Trumpers after Impeachment findings begin with multiple firsthand testimonies: "Why are we not hearing from the Whistleblower? None of their testimony matters he/she was the one who launched the complaint."
    I personally think the whistleblower's extreme personal animus towards Trump needs to be made public. I also think the public also needs to know if Schiff's office colluded in any way with the whistleblower.

But, that said, I can understand why Democrats are so opposed to this kind of transparency since it would clearly undermine their partisan narrative. I'm sure this was decided after reviewing the results of their secret focus groups...that this fact wouldn't play well with Average Joe American.