Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    I mean... yeah, TexasRules is right. Schiff is saying "we don't want Trump to be president". What he's intentionally leaving out is "we don't want Trump to be president because he has shown himself to be corrupt and has cheated in the last election and will almost certainly cheat again in the next election and someone like that should not be president".
    Yeah, I just meant it doesn’t mean his version of “I don’t like him so I want to impeach him.” We aren’t children, we actually care about our country and constitution and laws.

I've posted this several times over the past few years, but people are paid to post in places like this. Sure, forums and social media is full of bots, but people are also paid to sit and manually spread propaganda or just about anything really.

Even as an individual, I can right now go hire people to post things for me. Doesn't necessarily have to be about politics. Can be anything. Companies have their own teams for this or hire outside groups to do it. Governments do too. It's a real job that thousands of people do around the world.

Some posters on this forum are legit and just like to ignore reality and spread lies for politicians like Trump, sure. But I'm sure anyone that's been reading this forum for years can easily think of several posters that are paid to spread propaganda, influence, or just muddy the waters in the hopes that readers will give up and allow people like Trump, Putin, etc... to keep getting away with things.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2019-12-14 at 07:31 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    See, I don't personally buy into that if only because I don't' think a paid actor would use the same username on multiple platforms? And, really, it's possible for someone to just have bad hot takes on stuff without them being paid to.
    I do. A lot of these people have turned out to be based in Russia too, regardless of where they originally claim to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Lest we forget that some posters found out Texas is a shill paid to post the same posts on multiple different sites across the internet. Take any post he makes out of nowhere with a humongous grain of salt. Heck, take them all with a huge grain of salt.
    You attribute malice to that which can be easily explained by stupidity. I know they aren't mutually exclusive but stupidity or ignorance should normally be the go answer. Thinking this forum is worth paid shills is giving it to much credit.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    You attribute malice to that which can be easily explained by stupidity. I know they aren't mutually exclusive but stupidity or ignorance should normally be the go answer. Thinking this forum is worth paid shills is giving it to much credit.
    Well that is the normal go to, but this isn’t a normal situation. Pretty sure I saw that the account used to post on the other site had well over 100k posts... I mean, someone who is that active “reading” and responding to news articles and trolling the people in the comments, might actually be paid to do it

Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    Well that is the normal go to, but this isn’t a normal situation. Pretty sure I saw that the account used to post on the other site had well over 100k posts... I mean, someone who is that active “reading” and responding to news articles and trolling the people in the comments, might actually be paid to do it
    While I won't agree or disagree with you, you might want to move this somewhere else or something before you get dinged for being off-topic or derailing the thread or whatever else YouKnowWho wants to throw at you.

I feel like the senate trial's best play will be to stop focusing solely on Trump and to bring the entire Republican party into this. It needs to be made clear that while what Trump did is wrong, everything happening now is part of the bigger problem: his party has become complicit with corruption. It shouldn't just be Donald J. Trump on trial. It needs to be the Republican party itself.

Democrats need to make clear that the people on the other side of the aisle aren't voting against this on the merits of the argument. They're voting against it because they are complicit. It needs to become a central point of their argument. Republicans shouldn't be having to clarify whether they believe what the president did was wrong - they should be answering whether they're choosing to be complicit in his crimes. Only when the public sees a vote against removal as synonymous with accessory to the crime will any of these Republicans think about defecting from faction.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I feel like the senate trial's best play will be to stop focusing solely on Trump and to bring the entire Republican party into this. It needs to be made clear that while what Trump did is wrong, everything happening now is part of the bigger problem: his party has become complicit with corruption. It shouldn't just be Donald J. Trump on trial. It needs to be the Republican party itself.

Democrats need to make clear that the people on the other side of the aisle aren't voting against this on the merits of the argument. They're voting against it because they are complicit. It needs to become a central point of their argument. Republicans shouldn't be having to clarify whether they believe what the president did was wrong - they should be answering whether they're choosing to be complicit in his crimes. Only when the public sees a vote against removal as synonymous with accessory to the crime will any of these Republicans think about defecting from faction.
    Conversely, I think the Trial - or what little of it we might actually get with GOP obstructionism - needs to remain focused on Trump. Then, when it's finished up, focus the political messaging on the people who have so little respect for our institutions they'll brazenly brag about being partisan hacks on live TV.

Continue using Trump as a means to hammer home to the centrist/independent/unaffiliated voters just how unworthy the GOP is of leading this nation with their chicanery, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    He's been trying that for the longest time, even though every time he has posted, it is in defense of Trump.

Even claiming that Trump haters, or as I call them, rational people, are Trumpsters.
    Prove it. Show me evidence. Prove I defend Trump. Link me evidence, you fuckers are all about links, link it. You can't and you won't. You are just like every trumpster, you talk so much about him, you figure everyone else does. I also like how people think I post on other accounts. I don't need to waste more time like you guys do, thousands and thousands of posts about the same shit over and over about how much you hate Trump--everyone here gets it. So much shit that means literally nothing. You can keep whining about how much you hate Trump, but he will not be removed from office and this is just going to make his win easier. You should be preparing more threads about what happens when he wins re election.

Just going to start putting everyone who whines and can not provide links on ignore. You guys always want proof but can provide NOTHING. Which means you are just trolling and not even trying. Keep doing it Tumpsters, unlike the whiners here, I will not report you, I'm not a little baby who reports people because I disagree...ooh I can't prove him wrong, I will try and get him banned. Fucking trumpkins.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-12-15 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Minor Flaming

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Prove it. Show me evidence. Prove I defend Trump. Link me evidence, you fuckers are all about links, link it. You can't and you won't. You are just like every trumpster, you talk so much about him, you figure everyone else does. I also like how people think I post on other accounts. I don't need to waste more time like you guys do, thousands and thousands of posts about the same shit over and over about how much you hate Trump--everyone here gets it. So much shit that means literally nothing. You can keep whining about how much you hate Trump, but he will not be removed from office and this is just going to make his win easier. You should be preparing more threads about what happens when he wins re election.

Just going to start putting everyone who whines and can not provide links on ignore. You guys always want proof but can provide NOTHING. Which means you are just trolling and not even trying. Keep doing it Tumpsters, unlike the whiners here, I will not report you, I'm not a little baby who reports people because I disagree...ooh I can't prove him wrong, I will try and get him banned. Fucking trumpkins.
    Umm... this thread.

I remember when Aleybeboba tried this nonsense, and it was adorable.

Hell, this very comment is doing it... that was easy. Methinks you are a bit unhinged atm.

Damn, I went through your posting history, you REALLY hate gay people.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...n-interference

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...fference-maker

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...erant-liberals

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-hispanic-vote

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...rs-and-his-own

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...illary-Clinton

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...NBC-over-Trump

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lly-in-Florida

That was just random ones I selected, and that's only the threads you started. I didn't even bring up your numerous homophobic/race-baiting threads you started.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2019-12-15 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The problem, here, is that literally nothing Schiff said was remotely partisan, in any way at all. It was very specifically non-partisan. You're making that shit up out of nothing, to lie about the facts and present a false narrative.

Nobody's disputing that Schiff said what he said. We're pointing out that you're lying about what he said. Without any shame whatsoever.

There is no possible way you heard what Schiff said and honestly, legitimately, thought it was describing a partisan attack on the President.
    Cmon King bloviator, show me where I lied. You have proven multiple times you won't answer questions I ask. And you are wrong, as usual, some of them actual did not believe that Schiff said those things and said that I was somehow posting an opinion article. I linked ABCNEWS showing just what he said. I am sorry that people are using the other links instead of ABCNEWS. I just posted the first 3 links i found when i did a google search, which is something no one on here will do because they must be spoonfed stuff and can do no research on their own. Draynay even said he did not need to be spoonfed, yet could not find it on his own apparently.

I don't know what you think he said, but it literately references his own opinion that Trump cheated in the first election. His own opinion that he does not want Trump to receive foreign help in the election"one more time" and you think none of this is partisan? So everyone thinks the same way as Schiff according to you. Please show me how this is non partisan, please show me all the republicans that think he cheated in the election. You love asking for links, link me all the republicans who support this claim, since you say it is non partisan.

Cmon King bloviator, show me where I lied. You have proven multiple times you won't answer questions I ask. And you are wrong, as usual, some of them actual did not believe that Schiff said those things and said that I was somehow posting an opinion article. I linked ABCNEWS showing just what he said. I am sorry that people are using the other links instead of ABCNEWS. I just posted the first 3 links i found when i did a google search, which is something no one on here will do because they must be spoonfed stuff and can do no research on their own. Draynay even said he did not need to be spoonfed, yet could not find it on his own apparently.

I don't know what you think he said, but it literately references his own opinion that Trump cheated in the first election. His own opinion that he does not want Trump to receive foreign help in the election"one more time" and you think none of this is partisan? So everyone thinks the same way as Schiff according to you. Please show me how this is non partisan, please show me all the republicans that think he cheated in the election. You love asking for links, link me all the republicans who support this claim, since you say it is non partisan.
    All you are doing, is arguing that the Republican politicians lack morals and ethics.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I've posted this several times over the past few years, but people are paid to post in places like this. Sure, forums and social media is full of bots, but people are also paid to sit and manually spread propaganda or just about anything really.

Even as an individual, I can right now go hire people to post things for me. Doesn't necessarily have to be about politics. Can be anything. Companies have their own teams for this or hire outside groups to do it. Governments do too. It's a real job that thousands of people do around the world.

Some posters on this forum are legit and just like to ignore reality and spread lies for politicians like Trump, sure. But I'm sure anyone that's been reading this forum for years can easily think of several posters that are paid to spread propaganda, influence, or just muddy the waters in the hopes that readers will give up and allow people like Trump, Putin, etc... to keep getting away with things.
    I see, this conspiracy of bots etc is because not everyone agrees with all the liberals on this liberal dominated board. It can't be that people disagree or can think for themselves. That can't be it, everybody has to have the same opinion here, I am sorry I doubted your post.

I see, this conspiracy of bots etc is because not everyone agrees with all the liberals on this liberal dominated board. It can't be that people disagree or can think for themselves. That can't be it, everybody has to have the same opinion here, I am sorry I doubted your post.
    Well, considering some were proven to be, with evidence... that was happening.

It was amazing how many "American" posters got blasted away when the EU purge occurred.

Have to say, as someone kind of new here(I have lurked a bit) I don't know why folks are allowed to derail topics with easily debunked nonsense.

Anyway, on topic, I hope the Senate trial is fair, open and allowed to progress without the turtle's fuckery. He was recently on Fox bragging about how fast this will end once it reaches the Senate. However, in this landscape devoid of hope, I anticipate a two day farce followed by bots and cultist screaming exoneration after the true partisan vote is cast.

I worry for my country, I don't know if we have the awareness and resolve to get through this constitutional crisis.

Bots are not a conspiracy. They are employed by all sides, especially by groups/companies that have nothing to do with politics. I'd say the biggest use is marketing.

As for forums like this one, people are indeed hired to post. Again, they do this for many things outside of politics. Marketing is probably gets the most use by miles. It's a job that thousands of people around the world do. It's not exclusive to extremist right wingers, of course.

I'm not trying to imply that this only happens from people who agree with Trump. In fact, I'd wager that has very little to do with it. The biggest success over the past few years from US enemies was Trump getting elected, but not because they like or agree with him. It's weakened the US, making it easier for others to get away with their shit. This especially goes for Russia, China, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, etc...

I know this is true because it's adjacent to my work. I've been seeing this since the late 1990's when I started working over the internet. Like I've said before, I can go hire people to do this for me. Even though I'm just one person, I have access to this market. Just imagine what can be done when you have the power and wealth of someone like Putin. It's bigger and more pervasive than most people realize.

But, like I said I'm not trying to imply this is just crazy right wingers promoting Trump. Politics is small potatoes compared to what else these people are doing. I can 100% guarantee that you haven't read a single post/thread on any site (reddit, forums, social media, etc...) that didn't have shills participating in the conversation. Either to promote a product/idea or to discredit a competitor.

For example, pick any reddit threat at random that has a reasonable amount of responses and relates to some product or service (even in small way) and it has shills posting multiple times. Right now, as anyone who is reading what I'm typing, there are people surfing through 4chan, reddit, yt comments, etc... (everywhere) looking for relevant topics to post what they were hired to post about. All while doing their best to look like a normal poster. They won't always be some boring, typical personality though. Sometimes they are given specific instructions to be adversarial or overly nice or this or that...
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2019-12-15 at 04:58 AM.

Some = 1 person (me). Reason why, I don’t trust you to post something like that without a source. We shouldn’t need to hunt down your sources for you to then debunk your statements.

When you did post a source you did use an opinion article, which claimed that Putin is writing Democrats’ talking points. And you wonder why people don’t take you seriously.

Also your quote of Schiff turned out to be a bad faith quote where you left out a sentence and inserted garbage in between to spread out the actual quote, without including any indicators that you had modified the quote. You took a singular thought/point from Schiff and broke it. So why don’t we trust you, that’s why.

And soliciting foreign aid in an election is illegal, you know this, but why would you post in good faith.

https://www.vox.com/2019/10/4/208984...llen-weintraub

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/11/110.20

Machismo already proved it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Royal We View Post
    Have to say, as someone kind of new here(I have lurked a bit) I don't know why folks are allowed to derail topics with easily debunked nonsense.

Anyway, on topic, I hope the Senate trial is fair, open and allowed to progress without the turtle's fuckery. He was recently on Fox bragging about how fast this will end once it reaches the Senate. However, in this landscape devoid of hope, I anticipate a two day farce followed by bots and cultist screaming exoneration after the true partisan vote is cast.

I worry for my country, I don't know if we have the awareness and resolve to get through this constitutional crisis.
    Because the Moderators don't care about factuality, they will let people spout shit as long as you aren't making fun of people, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by The Royal We View Post
    I hope the Senate trial is fair, open and allowed to progress without the turtle's fuckery.
    Safe bet is that none of that's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Safe bet is that none of that's going to happen.
    Both McConnell and Graham already as much as said they're voting against even though the trial hasn't happened yet, so that pretty much says all that needs to be said about the "law and order" GOP and how much of an ACTUAL sham the proceedings will be in the Senate.