Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Accusing Schiff of "spying" on Nunes because Nunes popped up in the phone records of an indicted foreign agent.
    Also, the police were "spying" on me with that radar gun when I drove past them at 88 MPH.

This is a new level of pathetic, but I get the feeling this is the expansion pack: there are a lot of levels to go.

No-one is above the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Also, the police were "spying" on me with that radar gun when I drove past them at 88 MPH.

This is a new level of pathetic, but I get the feeling this is the expansion pack: there are a lot of levels to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Devs
    Soon.
    The House GOP Impeachment team is heading to new levels of willful ignorance and hypocrisy. And what's the over/under on Gym Jordan being implicated as well?
    No one is above the law!

A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The House GOP Impeachment team is heading to new levels of willful ignorance and hypocrisy. And what's the over/under on Gym Jordan being implicated as well?
    In touching boys or in treason? Or both?
    "I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for that meddling ANTIFA!" - Adolf Hitler
    "I really wish Ghostpanther would stop misquoting me" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I'd wager both, he seems more interested in protecting power than upholding the law.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I would have to say given the voracity of his defense of Trump in these Impeachment Hearings, and what we've already seen of Nunes complicity, I would have to go with both.
    No one is above the law!

I just came in to check if you really still think Trump is getting Peachmints? This thread is now half the size of Muhh Russia thread, remember the 1000 page Mueller report Post that was the absolute end of Trump. I think it was deleted after you know, nothing happened at all. Will that happen here?

I tried to pay attention to today's hearing, but this is such a boring one. Nadler also is no Adam Schiff, and his committee just isn't as on the ball as the Intelligence Committee. Which isn't to say the intelligence democrats are all phenomenal at hearings, either, but only a handful of people on the Judiciary seem at all prepared to counter the GOP's lunacy in real-time. Watching about half of it, nearly all of them came with prepared scripts and few of them wavered from it at all - no matter how nutty the Republican was before them, no matter how flimsy their argument, leaving the batshit insanity to just float around unchallenged to take up root on Fox News. I had to tap out when Lesko quoted the transcript and said "see lying libcucks, no mention of Biden at all !!!!" and the person immediately after her didn't say "hey, here's the very next paragraph where he references Biden by name."

I hope Schiff gets some more witnesses to intersperse with the judiciary hearings or this is going to be a rage inducing few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Endus - you mentioned the Canadian government. But what if the ruling majority never refused to vote for a budget, passing them no matter what, to prevent a triggering election?
    You'd still get the regular election periods.
    Members can also be recalled in their own ridings, if they fuck up badly enough.
    There's also the Governor General, who has basically no restrictions. They can be replaced after the fact, if the existing government goes back in, but that's about it.
    Our members of Parliament are also generally much closer to their ridings than members of Congress are in the USA. So there's a lot more direct accountability to those who vote for you.
    Also, again, if you're charged with a crime, you're out and a by-election is immediately called.

What if the GG refused to literally do their job?
    Then there's all the other measures.

Yes, it's possible for every single check and balance to fail, but the point is that Canada's government has multiple independent such checks. The USA has precisely one, with the President. Impeachment. Which is political in nature.

What if a no-confidence vote was never brought forward, or confidence was always affirmed down ruling party lines?
    Confidence usually is, but minority governments are also fairly common, where "party line" can't protect you from a non-confidence vote.

Does Canada have a process in place that couldn't be abused by the ruling party?
    The one where if you're charged with a crime, you're out of office and a by-election is called.

Also, our civil service, including the Department of Justice, is professional and not political. Ministers and deputy ministers change with the government, but the rest of the system is apolitical by design; it's really not possible for a Minister to try and force the RCMP to make an arrest, or to get the Department of Justice to file bullshit charges. The professionals would refuse and go screaming to the press. It happened when Harper was trying to shut up government scientists, a few years ago, for instance.

Any process can be abused. But we have a suite of independent processes, and a lot of them are not political to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    I just came in to check if you really still think Trump is getting Peachmints? This thread is now half the size of Muhh Russia thread, remember the 1000 page Mueller report Post that was the absolute end of Trump. I think it was deleted after you know, nothing happened at all. Will that happen here?
    Not sure if you’ve been paying attention, but Drumpf is 100% going to be impeached. Look up what that means.

House will impeach...that's a given. How many of the gop there will follow the US Constitution is debatable...(which shows us how rotten the GOP are)
    Moscow Mitch really hates his name. But we'll see how much he thinks his own party can bear the stench of kowtowing to Russian interests over his own country.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I tried to pay attention to today's hearing, but this is such a boring one. Nadler also is no Adam Schiff, and his committee just isn't as on the ball as the Intelligence Committee. Which isn't to say the intelligence democrats are all phenomenal at hearings, either, but only a handful of people on the Judiciary seem at all prepared to counter the GOP's lunacy in real-time. Watching about half of it, nearly all of them came with prepared scripts and few of them wavered from it at all - no matter how nutty the Republican was before them, no matter how flimsy their argument, leaving the batshit insanity to just float around unchallenged to take up root on Fox News. I had to tap out when Lesko quoted the transcript and said "see lying libcucks, no mention of Biden at all !!!!" and the person immediately after her didn't say "hey, here's the very next paragraph where he references Biden by name."

I hope Schiff gets some more witnesses to intersperse with the judiciary hearings or this is going to be a rage inducing few weeks.
    Sounds like someone else who doesn’t understand the process...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Not sure if you’ve been paying attention, but Drumpf is 100% going to be impeached. Look up what that means.
    100% not going to happen, unless you mean reelected.

Wow, you really don't know anything about the process...
    Do your homework child and find out the differences between the House of Representatives and the US Senate...

Run along now.

I think I will pay more attention to what a legal scholar thinks over what you think.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...9YK?li=BBnb7Kz

How about 3?

Poor guy doesn't know what impeachment means. See, someone gets impeached which means articles of impeachment are approved by a majority of the House. It then goes to trial in the senate. Impeachment happens first, then they decided whether the orange child is removed from office.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Wow, you really don't know anything about the process...
    Do your homework child and find out the differences between the House of Representatives and the US Senate...

Run along now.
    I'm smart enough to realize this is not helping Democrats. Are you? Just watch 2020 after this, democrats have somehow made Trump look like the victim. This and the fact that they are literally rigging the primary against Bernie AGAIN, I'm not sure if we are not witnessing Walter Mondale 2.0.

A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Impeached means the House votes to pass articles of impeachment. If that happens, then the President has been impeached, and the Senate then takes up the case. Two previous Presidents have also been impeached, Johnson and Clinton.

That is why everyone is telling you to look up what the word means. Because impeached doesn't mean removed, and it doesn't have anything to do with the Senate. The House already has the votes to impeach him. It is a foregone conclusion no matter what happens.

So please figure out what you are arguing about. I believe what you mean is "GOP Senators will never allow a removal vote to pass in the Senate". Which can only happen after Trump is impeached. Also, if that is what you are arguing, I think pretty much everyone here agrees. Outside of wishful thinking, very few people expect the President will be removed by this.
    "I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for that meddling ANTIFA!" - Adolf Hitler
    "I really wish Ghostpanther would stop misquoting me" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Poor guy doesn't know what impeachment means. See, someone gets impeached which means articles of impeachment are approved by a majority of the House. It then goes to trial in the senate. Impeachment happens first, then they decided whether the orange child is removed from office.
    Oh you mean when all the democrats get in a room and say they hate Trump, then it goes to senate and they tell those democrats to fuck off and somehow Trump gains support? Trust me, I have a million times more insight than you would even believe on these things.

I'm smart enough to realize this is not helping Democrats. Are you?
    Child...adults are talking.

The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    So I shouldn't talk about aspects of this matter that you wish to ignore. The president's opinion regarding Ukraine corruption means nothing to you even though it's at the very heart of the matter.
    The reason trump committed the crime is immaterial.

What’s being judged is the crime itself.

If a husband murders his wife, it doesn’t matter how strongly he believed she cheated on him, he still murdered her.

The republicans aren’t attempting to prove innocence; they’re attempting to say over and over again that the wife was a whore, and that all the witnesses who saw the murder committed aren’t reliable because they liked a different sports team than the murderer.

That is exactly the “defense” the republicans are doing in this impeachment hearing.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-12-04 at 10:58 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.