Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    White House considers arguing that Trump wasn't impeached: reports

Kinda consistent with their denial of reality.
    I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but Noah Feldman - one of the scholars who testified in front of the House Judiciary a few week ago, in a session which Republicans claimed was totally bananas and unprecedented despite the fact that Clinton's impeachment heard from panels of scholars for several days in a row on the basis of impeachment, and in fact aside from Ken Star they were the only witnesses to be brought in to testify at all... Wait a minute, I got distracted by Republican nonsense, let me try again.

Noah Feldman wrote an article that Trump's team actually isn't totally wrong there. As he points out, while there's no escaping the fact that the vote for his impeachment did occur, he is technically not constitutionally impeached yet. It would still be a stupid argument for them to make, but stupid arguments seem to be the name of the game for the entire conservative movement.

Anyone have a citation on Shokin (or Lutsenko, Trump's guy) destroying documents related to Hunter Biden?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Anyone have a citation on Shokin (or Lutsenko, Trump's guy) destroying documents related to Hunter Biden?
    Trunksee’s ass?

I assume this is a reference to Shokin stopping the investigate into Burisma because his predecessor's documents "mysteriously disappeared," but since that investigation started two years before he joined the company it's unlikely said documents had anything to do with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but Noah Feldman - one of the scholars who testified in front of the House Judiciary a few week ago, in a session which Republicans claimed was totally bananas and unprecedented despite the fact that Clinton's impeachment heard from panels of scholars for several days in a row on the basis of impeachment, and in fact aside from Ken Star they were the only witnesses to be brought in to testify at all... Wait a minute, I got distracted by Republican nonsense, let me try again.

Noah Feldman wrote an article that Trump's team actually isn't totally wrong there. As he points out, while there's no escaping the fact that the vote for his impeachment did occur, he is technically not constitutionally impeached yet. It would still be a stupid argument for them to make, but stupid arguments seem to be the name of the game for the entire conservative movement.
    I mean, the Constitution hardly speaks to it at all so that's as much speculation as anything else. We're in the Thunderdome now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Trunksee’s ass?
    Thank you, I needed that laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I assume this is a reference to Shokin stopping the investigate into Burisma because his predecessor's documents "mysteriously disappeared," but since that investigation started two years before he joined the company it's unlikely said documents had anything to do with him.
    So it's just an amalgam of malign right-wing talking points floating through the Alternative Reality sphere, got it.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Exactly if the reason is solely that its the VP of the US's son and Biden knew that he needed to advise his son. It only gets worse from there. A lot of you have admitted he was hired and that was part of the reason why. Does it go any deeper? We wont know because all the documents were destroyed by the corrupt prosecutor in Ukraine.
    So you forgot, again, that the entire Biden issue was already investigated by an international team, including GOP Senators, who signed off that everyone was ok?

This impeachment sure brings out people's true colors.

See here i just played the game with yall. Im not a Trump fan just his policies. Hes a moron. But this is what the dems are doing to the republican base. Did i troll a bit yes. The reason i did it was Schiffs attack on Pence. The dems honestly are starting to look like they are trying to over throw the republicans. We are a yearfrom elections. The dems have sparked the republican base again. Its almost at the point whatever republican runs they will win out of spite.

- - - Updated - - -

Im a republican and the republicans are playing this perfectly. Defend to fire up the base to vote.

See here i just played the game with yall. Im not a Trump fan just his policies. Hes a moron. But this is what the dems are doing to the republican base. Did i troll a bit yes. The reason i did it was Schiffs attack on Pence. The dems honestly are starting to look like they are trying to over throw the republicans. We are a yearfrom elections. The dems have sparked the republican base again. Its almost at the point whatever republican runs they will win out of spite.

- - - Updated - - -

Im a republican and the republicans are playing this perfectly. Defend to fire up the base to vote.
    Yes, yes, we're all painfully aware of the Republicans playbook of "Say something stupid, get called out on it, then claim you're just trolling"

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Yes, yes, we're all painfully aware of the Republicans playbook of "Say something stupid, get called out on it, then claim you're just trolling"
    Did you see how they cleverly maneuvered the Democrats into impeaching him in order to ensure his victory next year?

Do you really think they like him? They tried to block the base from nominating him. Now hes a rallying cry. Its politics. The whole point is to get people to show up and vote.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you see how they cleverly maneuvered the Democrats into impeaching him in order to ensure his victory next year?
    Hes leading the polls again so....

- - - Updated - - -

Not polls the betting odds which i trust more than polls.

Do you really think they like him? They tried to block the base from nominating him. Now hes a rallying cry. Its politics. The whole point is to get people to show up and vote.

- - - Updated - - -

Hes leading the polls again so....

- - - Updated - - -

Not polls the betting odds which i trust more than polls.
    Your posts are so contradictory and hypocritical, I'll just wait a few minutes until you mean something else.

I should have put this here: https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...-trend-impotus

"George Conway's new nickname for Trump starts trend: 'IMPOTUS'"

Your posts are so contradictory and hypocritical, I'll just wait a few minutes until you mean something else.

I should have put this here: https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...-trend-impotus

"George Conway's new nickname for Trump starts trend: 'IMPOTUS'"
    Why because i support his policies because yes i do. Hes a means to an end.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

So we're done here then?

The Republicans are playing this terribly, every time, when they back Trump. Objectively speaking he's a horrific human being. And the GOP continues to handwave his objective crimes, which he confessed to, in the name of party over country.

But please, do continue about how you're teaching us all a valuable lesson while you troll us. It's liberating.

The Impeachment really does bring out the true colors of everyone. Defending a confessed felon is pretty heady stuff. Hey! Remember when IMPOTUS Trump told a grieving widow that her husband was in hell? That was two nights ago, while he was getting impeached.

Only the best people.

A president is just a face. Policies mean more and with Schiffs message to pence. He is trying to steal the election. Its perfect. Infuriate the base to come out and vote.

Why because i support his policies because yes i do. Hes a means to an end.
    No, I assume your posts are contradictory and hypocritical because your thought processes are contradictory and hypocritical, but it's just not that important to me.

So because i would support any republican over any dem you have a problem with that? I think thats been shown in this impeachment and thats the point of my post. This country is fracturing over this and its because of the dems. All they had to do was stick it out for a few more months.l and see how the people vote. Instead they are now trying to put pelosi in power. At least thats how it looks. Its a real bad look for our country.

So because i would support any republican over any dem you have a problem with that? I think thats been shown in this impeachment and thats the point of my post. This country is fracturing over this and its because of the dems. All they had to do was stick it out for a few more months.l and see how the people vote. Instead they are now trying to put pelosi in power. At least thats how it looks. Its a real bad look for our country.
    I am trying to be really clear that I don't give a shit what you do. As a reminder:

You voted for him because your feelings were hurt over self-identifying as a deplorable, and also because you're tired of everyone complaining their feelings are hurt. Also, fuck the poor.

Exhibit A in why I really don't want to hear another fucking thing about how Democrats need to empathize with / cater to this particular subset of voters

So the democrats should have just let a corrupt person stay in office because...? What you're saying is it's okay for the President to betray the country and abuse the office for his own personal interests and the checks and balances should just be ignored.

Also, as an outsider looking in, the worst look for your country was electing Trump in the first place.

There are two kinds of people in this country, those who despise racism, misogyny and nationalism and those who support Trump.

You guys are outnumbered.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

The country is so split now Trmp was the best choice to expose it. America is broken. The country is to large with the distance in policy between the two sides. Trump exposed america to be broken. The whole point i voted for him. We need to fix this and meet in the middle vs one sides agenda just ovee ruling the other side.