1. #1021
    The Unstoppable Force Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    23,102
    The Wall Street Journal reports that Pence advised against releasing that partial transcript. Quoting TheHill because paywall:

    Vice President Pence urged President Trump not to release a memo detailing his call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky this week amid a scandal over Trump's efforts to persuade the Ukrainian leader to direct an investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden.

    The Wall Street Journal reported Friday that Pence fell in line and ultimately supported the report's public release, but privately counseled Trump against the matter when it was first raised. The White House eventually released the rough transcript, according to the Journal, because Trump felt that Republicans were losing the messaging battle in the press.
    I was able to find a video that approximates the conversation.

    Now Pence has said since that the transcript clearly vindicates Trump, which
    a) no it doesn't, and
    b) doesn't matter if it did, it's not the real transcript, Trump hid that

    Considering Trump has already dragged Pence into it, but there's no reason to believe he was there for the original phone call (I honestly don't think he was), I'm not 100% sure what Pence's motivation is, but I have a theory: Pence knows Trump, and knows full well Trump fucked up. He thought hiding all the evidence would be a lesser problem than what we have now, and he might even be right. We still need the House and Senate to see the real transcript, but now, because of the bits that were released, we already know how bad things are.

    Partial evidence released by the accused is never, ever good enough. It's like...hmm...it's like promising that you're rich, but failing to release your taxes, but instead releasing fiscal disclosure forms with vague entries like "TEN BILLION DOLLARS!" written in Sharpie.

  2. #1022
    The Unstoppable Force Skroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    22,416
    It's hilarious going on Conservative Blogs / Twitter in the morning and seeing how the talking heads who went wobbly yesterday, after a night of considering what the end of the Trump era would mean to their bank account, are now rationalizing anything and everything, and grabbing onto even the smallest bits of hope. Oh yeah and JOE BIDEN! Cuz of course.

    It's just really funny how its a light switch.

    Yesterday it was all "uhoh this could be really really bad for the President. He's in a lot of trouble".

    Today it's

    "There is no story here. Ukraine didn't think it was being intimidated. Joe Biden's son had a secret child in Tennessee" (seriously).

    The thing about the conservative commentariat of old, much like the Democratic comentariat of now, is they weren't bound to a President.

    But SO MANY PEOPLE owe their entire career to Donald Trump in it today. He allowed them to leapfrog their entrenched competitors by enabling 4th rate talent to go unhinged, like the President, and feed the base.

    Tucker Carlson is the patron saint of this. To me, he'll always be the mostly harmless buffoon on Crossfire that John Stewart took to town, who then spent the next 11 years bouncing around network to network as his career went nowhere. But Trump comes along and Tucker decides "you know what, I'm taking Bill O'Reilly's time spot... lets carve out a new alt-right audience to make money off of".
    We're Taking Your President Away From You. | Users with <20 posts and ignored posters are invisible. Find out how to do that here and clean up MMO-OT!

  3. #1023
    The Undying Butter Emails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Blaming HillaREEEEEE
    Posts
    33,190
    Quote Originally Posted by silveth View Post
    Homeless issue - ignore - attack Trump
    mental health issues - ignore - attack Trump
    national debt - ignore - attack Trump
    med prices - ignore - attack Trump
    Your post is filled to the brim with right wing talking points, pretty much ripped straight off of Fox news, conservative youtubers (or those that pretend to be independents but really just attack Dems and praise Trump all the time), but I'll address this one specifically.

    Democrats in the house have passed many many many bills addressing hot button topics, ranging from gun control, to personal debt, to health care, etc. Issues people care about. Yes, They were penned then voted on in the house of representatives and passed. Do you know where those bills go to die? Mitch McConnell's desk. Good ole Moscow Mitch has to bring those bills up for a vote for them to even stand a chance of passing the Senate. And he doesn't. People cry that Dems "only" ever attack Trump, and yet they're extremely busy passing bills too. And knowing that Mitch kills all their bills, maybe people can finally start to understand why all you hear about from the news media is Trump. In this case, their "attack" on Trump is legitimate. As much as you may disagree with their past "attacks", this one is incredibly legitimate as Trump himself admitted to a quid-pro-quo with Ukraine. That's an abuse of power. He broke the law, flagrantly and seriously.

    In what alternate reality of America should people NOT care about a sitting president breaking such a serious law?
    "Nazis are like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them." -John Oliver
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Knadra finally just admitting Trumpkins care more about political victories than morals.

  4. #1024
    Quote Originally Posted by silveth View Post
    At this point I haven't moved my thoughts. I still dislike Trump and would like him to shut up, do the job he was elected to, and then go away, hopefully without breaking anything that can't be repaired. I now dislike the national democrats because they seem to have no plan but go after Trump in as many ways as possible and just hope something sticks.

    Homeless issue - ignore - attack Trump
    mental health issues - ignore - attack Trump
    national debt - ignore - attack Trump
    med prices - ignore - attack Trump
    on and on.

    And you are lying through your teeth, republicans had full control of the government and its their policies that have worsen all these issues. They defunded mental heatlh, gutted Obamacare which increased prices on drugs and skyrocketed health care cost, passed a tax cut for the rich and corporations that blew up the debt. The democrats have one chamber of congress and have passed bills addressing all these issues but it's their fault?

    You are just another Trump supporter who says whatever fox tells them to.

  5. #1025
    The Lightbringer downnola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    3,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    It's odd how people can claim he's innocent. The white house published document clearly shows that he did what the whistleblower claims.

    I couldnt care less if someone votes republican, wants Pence for President or whatever. But when they're defending someone who's clearly attacking their democracy, they are nothing but sellouts who is taking a piss on the American flag. The only thing Trump represents is gangster methods to enrich himself and undermine the US. These idiots will be on the wrong side of history and will end up a laughing stock for anyone who knew they supported Trump.
    There will be a time in the not so distant future where "conservatives" will pretend they didn't support Trump. I fully expect Trump to go on regular tirades calling these people out as brown nosers when they publically attempt to distance themselves from him.
    Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
    - Thomas Paine

  6. #1026
    The Unstoppable Force Skroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    22,416
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    There will be a time in the not so distant future where "conservatives" will pretend they didn't support Trump. I fully expect Trump to go on regular tirades calling these people out as brown nosers when they publically attempt to distance themselves from him.
    He'll still call himself "your favorite President" until the day he dies.

    He's a sickening specimen.
    We're Taking Your President Away From You. | Users with <20 posts and ignored posters are invisible. Find out how to do that here and clean up MMO-OT!

  7. #1027
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    There will be a time in the not so distant future where "conservatives" will pretend they didn't support Trump. I fully expect Trump to go on regular tirades calling these people out as brown nosers when they publically attempt to distance themselves from him.
    He will fully be cast down into the memory hole with george w bush as soon as his usefulness is over.

  8. #1028
    The Undying Butter Emails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Blaming HillaREEEEEE
    Posts
    33,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    There should be if there isn't.
    The Trump shitshow thread and the Mueller investigation thread are both pretty good sources of "all the shit Trump has done". Just read Edge and Breccia's posts and ignore the rest.

    I know Trump has done some truly shitty stuff to disgrace our nation, and I've likely forgotten 90% of it as well simply because he just does something more outrageously stupid every single day.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    He'll still call himself "your favorite President" until the day he dies.

    He's a sickening specimen.
    I'd be pleased if he was doing it from his jail cell. I'd WANT them to give him access to twitter in prison, just to see the hilarious rantings of an old man in prison. But we all know rich people don't go to prison. At worst he'll get house arrest.
    "Nazis are like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them." -John Oliver
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Knadra finally just admitting Trumpkins care more about political victories than morals.

  9. #1029
    Scarab Lord Noxx79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Kansas. Yes, THAT Kansas.
    Posts
    4,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    The Trump shitshow thread and the Mueller investigation thread are both pretty good sources of "all the shit Trump has done". Just read Edge and Breccia's posts and ignore the rest.

    I know Trump has done some truly shitty stuff to disgrace our nation, and I've likely forgotten 90% of it as well simply because he just does something more outrageously stupid every single day.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I'd be pleased if he was doing it from his jail cell. I'd WANT them to give him access to twitter in prison, just to see the hilarious rantings of an old man in prison. But we all know rich people don't go to prison. At worst he'll get house arrest.
    Oh if life was a good movie, trump would be sentenced to house arrest in one of Jared’s rat infested properties in Baltimore.

  10. #1030
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    He will fully be cast down into the memory hole with george w bush as soon as his usefulness is over.
    Unfortunately he will not. If he isn’t in jail, bet on at least 1 reality show based on Trump and his cohorts. Remember, this is the same Trump that pretended to be someone else regularly, in trying to get Trump Organization into media.
    Entropy won't yield to you.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    I don’t work here, I only smoke here.

  11. #1031
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Unfortunately he will not. If he isn’t in jail, bet on at least 1 reality show based on Trump and his cohorts. Remember, this is the same Trump that pretended to be someone else regularly, in trying to get Trump Organization into media.
    Scary thing is, even after Trump is out of office, he will still receive classified information and reports. On top of getting Secret Service protection for him and his extended greasy family until he dies from choking on a McDonald's hamburger.

  12. #1032
    The Unstoppable Force Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    23,102
    Rep. Adam Schiff fraudulently read to Congress, with millions of people watching, a version of my conversation with the President of Ukraine that doesn’t exist. He was supposedly reading the exact transcribed version of the call, but he completely changed the words to make it sound horrible, and me sound guilty. HE WAS DESPERATE AND HE GOT CAUGHT. Adam Schiff therefore lied to Congress and attempted to defraud the American Public. He has been doing this for two years. I am calling for him to immediately resign from Congress based on this fraud!
    -- Trump

    "I was only joking."
    -- Schiff

    And we see the hypocrisy on display. Not the "only joking", that's just flat-out gold. No, Trump saying that lying to Congress counts as resign-worthy fraud.

    Is that the game Trump really wants to play? Lie to Congress = fraud = must resign? Because I don't think that's the game he wants to play. I think he lied to the American people plenty, including multiple SotU speeches.

    EDIT: As a reminder, Schiff has not seen the real transcript. Trump hid it. So he's lying even now.

    Oh, and Sen. Feinstein, yes she's on the SIC, wants to see it. I'm fairly sure Trump will refuse, which is all we need to know about what's on the transcript. Schiff might have been joking, but he might have been right anyhow.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2019-09-27 at 05:04 PM.

  13. #1033
    I am Murloc! unfilteredJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Seaside, FL
    Posts
    5,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Unfortunately he will not. If he isn’t in jail, bet on at least 1 reality show based on Trump and his cohorts. Remember, this is the same Trump that pretended to be someone else regularly, in trying to get Trump Organization into media.
    Penal President does sound marketable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer of Leftism View Post
    He destroyed nothing. His posts are nothing but lies, strawman and degeneracy.

  14. #1034
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Unfortunately he will not. If he isn’t in jail, bet on at least 1 reality show based on Trump and his cohorts. Remember, this is the same Trump that pretended to be someone else regularly, in trying to get Trump Organization into media.
    And don't forget all the "tell-all" books from everybody everywhere who tries to cash in on the end of this.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Penal President does sound marketable.
    Better than "Penile President," which will be the first president to have sent a dick pic.
    "As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    -H.L. Mencken, 1920

  15. #1035
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    I'd be pleased if he was doing it from his jail cell. I'd WANT them to give him access to twitter in prison, just to see the hilarious rantings of an old man in prison. But we all know rich people don't go to prison. At worst he'll get house arrest.
    Pay us a nice sum and we'll put him in an old peoples' home for the rest of his days. Nothing but mämmi and maksalaatikko for food and only activity being singing old finnish schlagers with other old people. Everyone will of course only talk finnish to him.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

  16. #1036

  17. #1037
    The Unstoppable Force Skroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    22,416
    House is planning for impeachment hearings as early as next week.

    We're Taking Your President Away From You. | Users with <20 posts and ignored posters are invisible. Find out how to do that here and clean up MMO-OT!

  18. #1038
    The Unstoppable Force Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    23,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    House is planning for impeachment hearings as early as next week.
    "It will strengthen our case on obstruction"

    I mean...that's a good point. Refusing to cooperate in an investigation is exactly that. Considering what people have been dodging, like this:

    Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney, D-N.Y., revisited an earlier topic, repeatedly pressing Maguire over whether he discussed the whistleblower complaint with Trump.

    "My conversations" with Trump "are privileged," Maguire answered.

    Asked if he was "denying" that he spoke about the complaint with Trump, Maguire said, "I speak to the president, and anything I say to the president is confidential."
    I get the idea of Executive Privilege. I also get that it's not a shield for criminal behavior. I also get that it's like the 5th, in that anyone who uses it has to know how bad it sounds. For the record, acting DNI Maguire almost certainly told Trump, and if he did, that's a prosecutor warning a suspect. If Trump did anything after being warned -- say, destroying records -- Maguire would be a co-conspirator if I'm right. But considering he probably has no career after this anyhow, why not?

    Remember, when Trump tweets things like this

    Sounding more and more like the so-called Whistleblower isn't a Whistleblower at all. In addition, all second hand information that proved to be so inaccurate that there may not have even been somebody else, a leaker or spy, feeding it to him or her? A partisan operative?

    he does so believing he will never be held accountable for making shit up. He can't be trusted. He lies all the time about everything. That tweet, in particular, is his attempt to say "The whistleblower's complaint doesn't match the partial transcript the WH edited, therefore, I am innocent". That won't fly under oath.

  19. #1039
    The Undying Butter Emails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Blaming HillaREEEEEE
    Posts
    33,190
    This thread has been oddly absent of Trumpkins in general, but especially so since that little spat with docsavage for posting Nunes being a liar and a boot licker. Things are looking progressively worse and worse for Trump. I imagine they don't want to be embarrassed, because at this point, even their favorite news networks don't have a counter to what's going on. Fox can't really come up with a real defense it seems. Their best efforts have been "WELL WHAT ABOUT BIDEN! OR HER EMAILS!"

    I said this years ago, but I'm not changing my forum name until people stop using Hillary's emails as a hillariously bad argument to deflect for Trump.
    "Nazis are like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them." -John Oliver
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Knadra finally just admitting Trumpkins care more about political victories than morals.

  20. #1040
    High Overlord Cockus Maximus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    197
    So much misinformation going around.. almost as if people don't understand that the American media is biased.

    The best part in all this is how Russia, the country our media has been demonizing for years is trying to save us from ourselves. As Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova said: "The show must go on: Release the transcripts of conversations with NATO partners, with each other. The publication of speeches at closed CIA, FBI and Pentagon meetings seems highly valuable. Bring it all out!"

    If the Democrats prove short-sighted enough to bring this impeachment to the Senate, it would really help drain the swamp and get Trump re-elected.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •