10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Different Strokes View Post
    It's why this impeachment, while it has exposed Trump's wrongdoings, will not go through. Trump has just enough of the Senate on his side to not be removed from his office. The people will have to remove Trump in 2020, assuming Trump even allows an election. Fully expect Trump to try and "delay" the election as much as he possibly can.
    I think a move like that would basically kill any chance of reelection he has with independents. At least I still have enough faith in voters that it would. I think his campaign knows that as well but stupidity knows no bounds with this administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Face it, you're an ideological orphan now. You can make common cause with the other people in this thread on the basis of your shared hatred for Trump, but you and the National Review types will swiftly be back to being labeled as beyond all evil for your policy priorities once you help them get back in charge.
    [Infraction]
    So, another conservative psychological projection that has no basis in the present nor the past. How unoriginal.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Wow, I didn't know rolling stone still existed. I thought they went bankrupt after getting sued by everyone in the world for nonstop false rape accusations.

On the Trumpster, who is excited for 3 or 4 more impeachments in the next 5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Wow, I didn't know rolling stone still existed. I thought they went bankrupt after getting sued by everyone in the world for nonstop false rape accusations.

On the Trumpster, who is excited for 3 or 4 more impeachments in the next 5 years?
    False--and almost never corrected--reporting never seems to stop Fox, so. In any case, I don't see Democrats pursuing impeachment repeatedly, unless he actually does shoot someone on Fifth Avenue. Hard to say, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    False--and almost never corrected--reporting never seems to stop Fox, so. In any case, I don't see Democrats pursuing impeachment repeatedly, unless he actually does shoot someone on Fifth Avenue. Hard to say, really.
    I have a little more faith that we won’t get to that point. I think with everything that Trump has done to sink his presidency, and the impeachment shaming him, I believe enough voters will not vote for him again, and more people, who didn’t vote previously, will be out to vote this year to make sure this blemish on this Country’s history is not repeated. We won’t have 5 more years of this.

As for 5 more impeachments, I mean, if the shoe fits... if he continues to violate laws and the constitution, he will get what he deserves, and he certainly has a lot of that coming the moment the next president is sworn in next year.

They recanted pretty hard, especially the author who admitted fully that the quality suffered immensely by her heeding requests from the 'victim', and so far as I can tell, this was the only story they did on campus rape that was demonstrably false.

But, considering Fox News is still around, Rolling Stone is still a paragon of reporting comparably.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    In any case, I don't see Democrats pursuing impeachment repeatedly, unless he actually does shoot someone on Fifth Avenue. Hard to say, really.
    As this impeachment fizzles, the Democrats have been floating the idea of impeaching lots more times.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...nnedy-hope.cnn

As this impeachment fizzles, the Democrats have been floating the idea of impeaching lots more times.

I'm aware they've been floating it--I've addressed why I think they've floated it, and why it's unlikely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    I have a little more faith that we won’t get to that point. I think with everything that Trump has done to sink his presidency, and the impeachment shaming him, I believe enough voters will not vote for him again, and more people, who didn’t vote previously, will be out to vote this year to make sure this blemish on this Country’s history is not repeated. We won’t have 5 more years of this.

As for 5 more impeachments, I mean, if the shoe fits... if he continues to violate laws and the constitution, he will get what he deserves, and he certainly has a lot of that coming the moment the next president is sworn in next year.
    I genuinely appreciate your optimism but I think at this point, it's way, way up in the air.

Seems like you have a hard time reading your own sources.

The article he linked even states “I did not run for office to try to impeach a president. But if the president is going to keep abusing his office, I'm not sure what else I can do.”

Clearly that states **if the president keeps abusing his office**. This is not some partisan ideology to just keep impeaching because you don’t like him, I mean they’re not Republicans.

10+ Year Old Account

The article he linked even states “I did not run for office to try to impeach a president. But if the president is going to keep abusing his office, I'm not sure what else I can do.”

Clearly that states **if the president keeps abusing his office**. This is not some partisan ideology to just keep impeaching because you don’t like him, I mean they’re not Republicans.
    Of COURSE it's partisan! The Republicans are saying that the President should be able to abuse their office and be immune to all laws so long as they're a Republican. Meanwhile, the Democrats disagree. PARTISAN!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

That's like when politicians say "I don't want to run, but THE PEOPLE are demanding it, so I will do it for them".

He's saying he's excited to impeach over and over and over if Trump does something the Democrats don't like. What are the chances of that happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Of COURSE it's partisan! The Republicans are saying that the President should be able to abuse their office and be immune to all laws so long as they're a Republican. Meanwhile, the Democrats disagree. PARTISAN!
    Enforcing the law requires the permission of all the mob boss's friends and underlings who have to agree to the charges, otherwise cops are just totally biased.

- - - Updated - - -

That's like when politicians say "I don't want to run, but THE PEOPLE are demanding it, so I will do it for them".

He's saying he's excited to impeach over and over and over if Trump does something the Democrats don't like. What are the chances of that happening?
    Chances are very high that Trump will break the law again, since that's his MO and Republicans keep giving him cover to do so, if that's what you're asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Yeah. That is how I generally feel too. And basically what Mueller stated too after his own report: these guys are so corrupt and dumb enough that they'll fuck up badly sooner or later.
    They are going to be in real trouble 5 years from now when they aren't in power anymore.

He's saying he's excited to impeach over and over and over if Trump does something the Democrats don't like.
    The thing is he is getting impeached for breaking the law, not just doing things democrats don't like. If he doesn't like to get impeached, maybe simply stop breaking the fucking law? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    This isn't about removing Trump. That'll be done in the election.

This is about inflicting damage.

We've won by doing it and you lose by fighting it.
    ^^ This guy... lol. Never knows when to give up. You've been posting the same shit for 3+ years now. Give it a rest. You have an excuse for all your failures.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-01-02 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling - Be civil. Focus on the topic, not each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    There’s even been a John Oliver segment on it.

You’re still lieing, that is NOT what the source says. It literally says “if the president is going to keep abusing his office.” He IS being impeached for impeachable offenses, some of which are CLEARLY outlined in the Constitution.

So I guess that means things Democrat’s don’t like is when people break the laws and Constitution.

10+ Year Old Account

Not "if Trump does something the Democrats don't like".

"if Trump abuses the powers of his office in committing various high crimes and misdemeanors."

Literally what impeachment is about. It has nothing to do with whether the Democrats like it or not.

However, you misconstruing the facts this way does expose that it's how you think; that you cannot conceive of the Democrats taking a stance on principle and what actually happened, and just react based on what they "like", as you yourself would if you were in their place. You're projecting.

That or you're deliberately lying to cast false uncertainty and doubt. I'll grant you the favor of assuming you just can't see that you're projecting, rather than being willfully dishonest.

If this was the case, why didn't they try to impeach after he was elected?

Why not immediately after they took back the House? Why did they wait over a year? If it's all a sham, they don't need to wait for "evidence" or "proof", by your logic.

Unless you're flat-out wrong. And you are.

You’re still lieing
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    you're deliberately lying
    So anyone who has a different opinion is lying, rather than just having a different opinion? Interesting.

The Democrats have repeatedly said they were working on impeaching Trump even before he was elected. So yeah, I think they are willing to impeach him for just doing things they don't like.

Congressman Al Green saying literally that yesterday:
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/democ...ing-for-office

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ptimo View Post
    ^^ This guy... lol. Never knows when to give up. You've been posting the same shit for 3+ years now. Give it a rest. You have an excuse for all your failures.
    [Infraction]
    You mean like the 2018 election?

Trump's Impeachment, which will forever stain his Residency like a greasy KFC gravy smear, has certainly brought out the best of the Trumpkins, even though they continue to claim it doesn't matter. Interesting.