1. #10841
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    25,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Congratulations on your meaningless one-sided impeachment that you couldn't even hold your caucus intact for. Worse case scenario, you will always have this and what a beauty it is to behold. When you think back on the years that your party was completely out of power and was the political equivalent of a cuckold, you'll at least have this amazing achievement to look back on fondly and stave off the depression.
    Exactly. Real Americans standing up and doing the right thing. That is literally what this country was founded upon.

    You're sure posting a lot about something you claim doesn't matter.
    No one is above the law!

  2. #10842
    Always funny how you are able to make Sulla drop all his bullshit pretense of civility @Cthulhu 2020 you truly do get under his skin

  3. #10843
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    This is incomplete....history is written by the victors and the living. Why is Wyatt Earp the western icon he is? cause he lived to see 80 and a desperate media allowed him to tell his tale of the old west because he was one of the last ones. There were more deserving people but because he was one of the last of his era he reaped the rewards. This will be the fate of the boomers, a group whose history will be written by the millennials and Zs they screwed over. Trump will always be linked as their failure.

    Social media will never be a great record of much if we can't access what's written today in 30 years and I honestly have no faith we will
    My only point is one you already touched on, is that history is written by the people who are still around and able to write it down and talk about it, not necessarily the victors. With the internet and social media and people being able to post things almost instantaneously online, news and information spread around the world in seconds.

    In a world like that, history being written by the victors can't really be a thing anymore because even the losers are able to get their information out there 1) because even if they're losing they can post something online and 2) losing doesn't necessarily mean death anymore.

  4. #10844
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    25,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Always funny how you are able to make Sulla drop all his bullshit pretense of civility @Cthulhu 2020 you truly do get under his skin
    Indeed.

    The Impeachment of the criminal con-man Donald Trump is starting to shake loose the Senate as possibly being in play in 2020.
    No one is above the law!

  5. #10845
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Exactly. Real Americans standing up and doing the right thing. That is literally what this country was founded upon.

    You're sure posting a lot about something you claim doesn't matter.
    I had the common sense during Bush's presidency to avoid the "real Americans" argument that was being pushed by some Republicans. It seems like you don't share the same sensibility. Sad.
    “No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full.”

  6. #10846
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    61,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Congratulations on your meaningless one-sided impeachment that you couldn't even hold your caucus intact for.
    In other words, Democrats voted their consciences, not their partisan marching orders, and that's "bad" somehow.

    Worse case scenario, you will always have this and what a beauty it is to behold. When you think back on the years that your party was completely out of power and was the political equivalent of a cuckold, you'll at least have this amazing achievement to look back on fondly and stave off the depression.
    And this, combined with the above, says so much more about you and your twisted perspective than it says anything about the state of governance or the Democrats.

    You think "power" is what matters, not ethically responsible conduct.
    You think a party voting as a single caucus is "right", as opposed to members voting their interests/conscience.
    You're so obsessed with status and power that you frame those on the downswing of such as "cuckolds", like it's the fucking 19th century and that term really even means anything today.

  7. #10847
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Always funny how you are able to make Sulla drop all his bullshit pretense of civility @Cthulhu 2020 you truly do get under his skin
    I have no idea who that poster is and this is the first time I can remember ever replying to them. I'm not sure where I was putting up any pretense either.

    What I find funny is how you can't participate in the thread with your own arguments or ideas and would rather just sit back and comment on other people. I'm sure the leftists that you're idolizing here really appreciate your fanaticism.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    In other words, Democrats voted their consciences, not their partisan marching orders, and that's "bad" somehow.


    And this, combined with the above, says so much more about you and your twisted perspective than it says anything about the state of governance or the Democrats.

    You think "power" is what matters, not ethically responsible conduct.
    You think a party voting as a single caucus is "right", as opposed to members voting their interests/conscience.
    You're so obsessed with status and power that you frame those on the downswing of such as "cuckolds", like it's the fucking 19th century and that term really even means anything today.
    I think you can take your "ethically responsible conduct" lie out to the pasture where it belongs. No one is believing it outside the Democrat echo chamber.
    “No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full.”

  8. #10848
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    I have no idea who that poster is and this is the first time I can remember ever replying to them. I'm not sure where I was putting up any pretense either.

    What I find funny is how you can't participate in the thread with your own arguments or ideas and would rather just sit back and comment on other people. I'm sure the leftists that you're idolizing here really appreciate your fanaticism.
    Ok Pedo Lover


    Infracted.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2019-12-19 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Trolling

  9. #10849
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Indeed.

    The Impeachment of the criminal con-man Donald Trump is starting to shake loose the Senate as possibly being in play in 2020.
    Your reply is not only utter nonsense, it has nothing to do with the thing the person you quoted said. How exactly is the Senate in play in 2020, besides you saying so?
    “No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full.”

  10. #10850
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    I have no idea who that poster is and this is the first time I can remember ever replying to them.
    It's the poster formerly known as ButterEmails, iirc.
    Often updated... ?

  11. #10851
    ah I see the Trumpers got their talking points. Well done sirs defend your orange god! Yaaaaayy

  12. #10852
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    In other words, Democrats voted their consciences, not their partisan marching orders, and that's "bad" somehow.


    And this, combined with the above, says so much more about you and your twisted perspective than it says anything about the state of governance or the Democrats.

    You think "power" is what matters, not ethically responsible conduct.
    You think a party voting as a single caucus is "right", as opposed to members voting their interests/conscience.
    You're so obsessed with status and power that you frame those on the downswing of such as "cuckolds", like it's the fucking 19th century and that term really even means anything today.
    his favorite kiddy diddler lost his bid for power, what does that say?

  13. #10853
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    My only point is one you already touched on, is that history is written by the people who are still around and able to write it down and talk about it, not necessarily the victors. With the internet and social media and people being able to post things almost instantaneously online, news and information spread around the world in seconds.

    In a world like that, history being written by the victors can't really be a thing anymore because even the losers are able to get their information out there 1) because even if they're losing they can post something online and 2) losing doesn't necessarily mean death anymore.
    You completely ignored my other posts about how the internet isn't unrestricted and just want to continue on without addressing it. Too bad.
    “No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full.”

  14. #10854
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    25,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Your reply is not only utter nonsense, it has nothing to do with the thing the person you quoted said.
    Because conveying more than one point in a post is confusing to you?

    Go ahead and reread what you quoted, and see if you're up for applying it to the post I quoted; it's pretty straight forward once you start thinking linearly. Shout if you're still confused and I'd be glad to help.

    Meanwhile - Pelosi trolling Don the Con Man asking for a fair trial is a very nice christmas present. McConnell is hysterical in his utter hypocrisy, crying out for Constitutional Extortion, after all the bullshit he's pulled.
    No one is above the law!

  15. #10855
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    It's the poster formerly known as ButterEmails, iirc.
    Oh, lol. I actually have typically not been triggered or whatever the frog was implying by Butter Emails. From what I can remember, that person typically posts constructively, even if I don't agree with them.
    “No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full.”

  16. #10856
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    For anyone who thinks Trump's polls are "soaring sky high" I suggest they check this out: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/
    I wish their tracker put far less weight on Rasmussen. Rasmussen single handedly is distorting his approval/disapproval by about 4% because they put out such a high volume of polls, and all of them are such massive deviations from other polls. 538 explains their presence with the fact that they were right about 2016 - at the same time, they explain Rasmussen has been very wrong about every other election.

    Whenever Trump quotes a favorable poll, it's pretty much always Rasmussen. I'm pretty sure it's just propaganda that we have to pretend is real because no one can prove it.

  17. #10857
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Because conveying more than one point in a post is confusing to you?

    Go ahead and reread what you quoted, and see if you're up for applying it to the post I quoted; it's pretty straight forward once you start thinking linearly. Shout if you're still confused and I'd be glad to help.

    Meanwhile - Pelosi trolling Don the Con Man asking for a fair trial is a very nice christmas present. McConnell is hysterical in his utter hypocrisy, crying out for Constitutional Extortion, after all the bullshit he's pulled.
    You replied to someone with something that was completely unrelated and unsupported. Feel free to explain how you feel the Senate is up for grabs in 2020 though. I'm sure it will be a good read.
    “No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full.”

  18. #10858
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Because conveying more than one point in a post is confusing to you?

    Go ahead and reread what you quoted, and see if you're up for applying it to the post I quoted; it's pretty straight forward once you start thinking linearly. Shout if you're still confused and I'd be glad to help.

    Meanwhile - Pelosi trolling Don the Con Man asking for a fair trial is a very nice christmas present. McConnell is hysterical in his utter hypocrisy, crying out for Constitutional Extortion, after all the bullshit he's pulled.
    i honestly think pelosi will go down as one of the greatest statesmen in US history, she's already being compared to LBJ.

  19. #10859
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    61,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    I think you can take your "ethically responsible conduct" lie out to the pasture where it belongs. No one is believing it outside the Democrat echo chamber.
    You literally mocked the Democrats because they voted their conscience based on the facts, rather than sticking to party line.

    Don't blame me because that exposes some pretty distasteful views of yours, supporting unethical conduct.

  20. #10860
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Yeah I mean, the poster I was replying to was not only naive but ignorant of current events (or at least Democrat excuses for losing an election). The internet is somehow the stalwart pillar that's going to hold up democracy against universal truths like "history is determined by the winners", but somehow a few social media posts that were like a drop in an ocean determined the election in the most powerful country in the history of the world... according to some narratives anyways.
    Again, nowhere did I ever connect social media and the internet to democracy, only to the "stalwart truth" that history is written by the victors. It's not written by just the victors anymore by virtue of the fact that more people than just "the victors" are able to post online and share their story and contribute to history. That's all I'm saying.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •