Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    I think you can take your "ethically responsible conduct" lie out to the pasture where it belongs. No one is believing it outside the Democrat echo chamber.
    Only Trumpkins like yourself think bringing criminals to justice isn't ethically responsible. This Impeachment brought to light the crimes of Trump, and it will be years before we get the full story.

Or did you forget about Deutche Bank already? That's next for the House Impeachment once Trump stops hiding his tax records.
    No one is above the law!

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    i honestly think pelosi will go down as one of the greatest statesmen in US history, she's already being compared to LBJ.
    This is one of the most delusional things I've ever read in the history of this forum. You're so obsessed with going after Trump that you're willing to elevate one of the worst speakers you've ever had that constantly derailed the left's agenda.
    “No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full.”

You completely ignored my other posts about how the internet isn't unrestricted and just want to continue on without addressing it. Too bad.
    Unrestricted means what here? China moderates the shit out of their populations internet usage and what can be shared and whatnot and the whole world is still hearing about the protests in Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Only Trumpkins like yourself think bringing criminals to justice isn't ethically responsible. This Impeachment brought to light the crimes of Trump, and it will be years before we get the full story.

Or did you forget about Deutche Bank already? That's next for the House Impeachment once Trump stops hiding his tax records.
    Only fake internet lawyers think impeachment is anything close to "bringing criminals to justice" or that they should speak with finality such as that with unproven allegations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Unrestricted means what here? China moderates the shit out of their populations internet usage and what can be shared and whatnot and the whole world is still hearing about the protests in Hong Kong.
    Yes, because clearly what the whole world thinks has such a huge affect in China. Hell, we can't even get companies in the US to do the "right thing" when it comes to China because money talks (another universal truth).
    “No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full.”

This is one of the most delusional things I've ever read in the history of this forum. You're so obsessed with going after Trump that you're willing to elevate one of the worst speakers you've ever had that constantly derailed the left's agenda.
    its just an observation, my friend.
    now, i certainly don't think she should be compared to jesus christ or gandhi.

Spreading information over the internet effectively is not determined solely by one's existence. For instance, I can PM all my buddies on this site to mass report you and send messages to blues about something innocuous you said to get you banned, thereby stopping you from spreading further information on this site. The internet isn't a fair place and its going to be even less so going forward.
    Missed this one. But I don't really get what fair has anything to do with it. The information gets out there to a level that's never been seen before. Disinformation campaigns and things like that exist now just as they did back then, but that doesn't prevent the actual information from getting out there.

I'm not naive enough to believe everything will be given a fair shot, or that people with power can and will try and bury shit they don't want to be seen, but that doesn't stop the information from being spread. Yes there's somewhat of a barrier for entry for what information can or will be seen by the public, but it's MUCH lower than it used to be. Again, see the Hong Kong protests as an example.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, because clearly what the whole world thinks has such a huge affect in China. Hell, we can't even get companies in the US to do the "right thing" when it comes to China because money talks (another universal truth).
    Again the only point is how this effects HISTORY not democracy or policy or anything else. Regardless of how much China didn't want the information to get out, or didn't want information to spread, it did and now that situation will be in the history books despite their best efforts to the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Missed this one. But I don't really get what fair has anything to do with it. The information gets out there to a level that's never been seen before. Disinformation campaigns and things like that exist now just as they did back then, but that doesn't prevent the actual information from getting out there.

I'm not naive enough to believe everything will be given a fair shot, or that people with power can and will try and bury shit they don't want to be seen, but that doesn't stop the information from being spread. Yes there's somewhat of a barrier for entry for what information can or will be seen by the public, but it's MUCH lower than it used to be. Again, see the Hong Kong protests as an example.
    The internet will be a much tighter controlled place in the near future. You've only seen the opening salvo. Both sides want to censor it for different reasons. Don't get me wrong, I would love for the status quo to carry on far into the future. I just know that it won't. I fully expect that before I die, I will no longer be able to share opinions online freely or go look up anything I want at any time and expect it to not be government preapproved.

The internet will be a much tighter controlled place in the near future. You've only seen the opening salvo with things like net neutrality and such. Both sides want to censor it for different reasons. Don't get me wrong, I would love for the status quo to carry on far into the future. I just know that it won't.
    I don't disagree, I'm just saying I don't think it will matter that much.

You replied to someone with something that was completely unrelated and unsupported. Feel free to explain how you feel the Senate is up for grabs in 2020 though. I'm sure it will be a good read.
    Like I said, once you figure out that a post can have more than one point, we can talk. If you're confused by that, just ask questions, and we'll help you through that deductive process.

Meanwhile, as the world turns, I'm curious if a strategy staffer is mapping out a way to hold the Articles past the Senate primaries to see if they might have the opportunity to vote their conscience for once.
    No one is above the law!

Like I said, once you figure out that a post can have more than one point, we can talk. If you're confused by that, just ask questions, and we'll help you through that deductive process.

Meanwhile, as the world turns, I'm curious if a strategy staffer is mapping out a way to hold the Articles past the Senate primaries to see if they might have the opportunity to vote their conscience for once.
    As has already been pointed out by me and others, the Senate can vote on the articles any time they want regardless of transmission from the House. That process is dictated by House rules and the Senate has no Constitutional responsibility to follow them. Pelosi is aiming an unloaded gun and everyone knows it. Stop trying to act otherwise.

Only fake internet lawyers think impeachment is anything close to "bringing criminals to justice" or that they should speak with finality such as that with unproven allegations.
    Wow - it's like you're finally reaching for people to explain things. Do you know what the court equivalent of an Impeachment from the House is? Hint: starts with the same letter.

Pelosi indeed will go down in history as one of the greatest statesmen from her brilliant strategy and conduct during these dark times. Leaders lead. Charlatans hold rallies.
    (where was Trump during this again? asking for a friend)

- - - Updated - - -

As has already been pointed out by me and others, the Senate can vote on the articles any time they want regardless of transmission from the House. That process is dictated by House rules and the Senate has no Constitutional responsibility to follow them. Pelosi is aiming an unloaded gun and everyone knows it. Stop trying to act otherwise.
    You have links for these opinions of yours? The Senate can vote on things they haven't received? Talk about delusional.

- - - Updated - - -

i honestly think pelosi will go down as one of the greatest statesmen in US history, she's already being compared to LBJ.
    Agreed. Her conduct, strategy, and actions during this entire process has been amazing. And considering the litany of crimes Trump has committed and confessed to, we might only be seeing the tip of the iceberg. The House has already indicated more Articles might be forthcoming once Trump stops hiding behind the courts and we have his financials.
    No one is above the law!

Herald of the Titans bladeXcrasher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Pelosi has always been 20 steps ahead of Trump, it's pretty amazing. I'd vote for her in an instant if she ran for prez, but I also realize the power of the house majority leader, and how it potentially has even more power than the president.
    I think that was kinda the intention of the Founders.

Wow - it's like you're finally reaching for people to explain things. Do you know what the court equivalent of an Impeachment from the House is? Hint: starts with the same letter.

Pelosi indeed will go down in history as one of the greatest statesmen from her brilliant strategy and conduct during these dark times. Leaders lead. Charlatans hold rallies.
    (where was Trump during this again? asking for a friend)

- - - Updated - - -

You have links for these opinions of yours? The Senate can vote on things they haven't received? Talk about delusional.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. Her conduct, strategy, and actions during this entire process has been amazing. And considering the litany of crimes Trump has committed and confessed to, we might only be seeing the tip of the iceberg. The House has already indicated more Articles might be forthcoming once Trump stops hiding behind the courts and we have his financials.
    Yes, the Senate can indeed vote on the (very public) articles of impeachment any time they want and end Pelosi's delusion that she's playing a game she can win. However, Mitch will be the one toying with her and allowing her to undermine her own committee's court fights over subpoenas by holding up the rest of the impeachment process in the Senate. Pelosi only has leverage in the eyes of clueless liberals and the usual lying media.

Yes, the Senate can indeed vote on the (very public) articles of impeachment any time they want and end Pelosi's delusion that she's playing a game she can win. However, Mitch will be the one toying with her and allowing her to undermine her own committee's court fights over subpoenas by holding up the rest of the impeachment process in the Senate. Pelosi only has leverage in the eyes of clueless liberals and the usual lying media.
    Let us know when you're ready to share evidence of your opinion. Until then, the Constitution says otherwise.
    No one is above the law!

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Always funny how you are able to make Sulla drop all his bullshit pretense of civility @Cthulhu 2020 you truly do get under his skin
    People spend far too much energy and effort responding to him. The thing about Sulla is, just get to the point, say your piece, and peace out. He's got this draconian tribalistic and hyper aggressive mindset that's far too steeped in worshiping the "strong man" archetype. He doesn't stand for justice or laws, he's just a bully, and he sees himself as some big guy running around a playground beating up all the kids with his words, when in reality to most everyone except his pals, he just looks like someone with compromised morals screaming vulgarities wherever he can in attempts to get people mad.

This impeachment has proved without a doubt how the cult personalities only keep going further down the rabbit hole. Whenever Sulla, Shalcker, or any of the far-right shit posters comes in here, they take the thread so far off topic that it's barely about impeachment any more. For awhile there we had mods very diligently keeping the discussion about what was HAPPENING in the impeachment, and the facts of the impeachment. Whenever one of their ilk come in here, they just turn it into an ego brawl. Of course the alt-right and Russia shills always think themselves the winner, but there is no winner on these forums.

As has been stated before, Trump has been impeached, and regardless of whether or not he is removed by the senate, regardless of whether or not he even wins in 2020, those are all just temporary victories for the alt-right. In the future, when Trump is no longer being protected by corrupt senators, when he no longer has executive powers against prosecution, all of his dirty secrets are going to come flying out. We will get to see that he was guilty of every crime we knew he was guilty of, and we will also probably get to see many that we probably didn't even know about. We're still learning about the war crimes and lies of Bush and Cheney years later.

Bush had a similar support cult behind him that Trump has now, but it was nowhere near as deranged as the current Trump cult. When Bush's presidency ended, and his crimes were laid bare for all to see, all of a sudden every cultist, on these forums, on every forum, everyone suddenly said they were "never a Bush supporter". And when it's proven that Trump was a liar, a thief, and a criminal, you will see Sulla, Doc Savage, and every other Trump cultist on these forums start saying they "never supported Trump" and "just wanted to make the libs mad". Because the Trump presidency is not about good policy, improving the country, saving lives, or increasing our status in the world. The Trump presidency is ultimately about the hatred the alt-right has for the left, how they despise and are angered so much by the left wing that they've elected a president entirely on the premise of "making them mad".

And that is something that will be in history books. That some Americans were so morally compromised and blinded by their rage and deep insecurities about themselves, their anxiety heading into the early 21st century, and their hatred of laws, that they supported a criminal in the white house.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2019-12-19 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Flaming (name and shame)
    "Nazis are like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them." -John Oliver
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Knadra finally just admitting Trumpkins care more about political victories than morals.

Please get back to factual discussion of the impeachment process, preferably without continued bickering.

oh then i guess there's nothing for you to worry about.

Let us know when you're ready to share evidence of your opinion. Until then, the Constitution says otherwise.
    Oh, does it? The Constitution doesn't say anywhere that the Senate has to wait on the House to send over anything for them to vote on it. What a delicious irony that you ask me for evidence but directly lie about what the Constitution does or doesn't say. May I refer you back to what one of your fellow posters posted only a few pages back about how good the Republicans are at taking advantage of the vagueness of the Constitution?

All of the "rules" that are cited constantly about impeachment and confused with what the Constitution actually says is astounding. Keep claiming to defend and uphold something you haven't read.

- - - Updated - - -

oh then i guess there's nothing for you to worry about.
    Agreed. I'm not worried about it, but I'm also not going to let lies be spread that Pelosi finally has the Republicans right where she wants them, as has been suggested in one way or another by several of you.

Never said history books weren't real, I meant that your version of what they'll look like in the future is hypothetical. Try reading more carefully.
    You said they were hypothetical. I read just fine. You didn't allude to what they'll look like in the future. I also see not reason to give you the benefit of the doubt as you clearly believe out there stuff.
    M.A.A.A. Make America Adult Again

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Now he has things in common with his good “friend”...

Looks like he's about to give Slick Willy a tug n' rub. Befitting...
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect