1. #11901
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckra...el-iphone-docs

    House Intel committee getting Lev Parnas' phone and other documents. Wonder what's in them.
    If he's so desperate to use them there must be something very valuable in there, since that's the only way he'd be able to get some form of concession that he could use to benefit himself. I don't see him offering anything up out of the goodness of his heart.

    On a less serious note, someone sent me this today:


  2. #11902
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    And yet, nothing from the Mueller report neither examination for impeachment (probably because the report itself found insufficient PC to indict and did not, contrary to outright fabrication, rely on the bipartisan historical DOJ guidance that a sitting President was immune to criminal prosecution).

    And also funny that neither article actually cites to a statute to allege that Trump has violated, opting rather to just make up two sufficiently “illegalish” sounded phrases and impeached him for these.
    You are either lying or uninformed.


    You can dispute statements but don't call others liar
    Last edited by Thwart; 2020-01-03 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    M.A.A.A. Make America Adult Again

  3. #11903
    https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...federal-court/

    Trump's DoJ has taken an interesting new position: The Judicial branch has no role in resolving disputes between the Executive and Legislative branches.

    Which is odd, since that's in-part why it was created as a co-equal branch to deal with issues between the two.

    Trump's thoroughly partisan and politicized DoJ continues to de-facto argue for blanket immunity that functionally grants the president near emperor status.

  4. #11904
    The Insane Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    18,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    You are either lying or uninformed.
    Could be both.

  5. #11905
    Immortal Templar 331's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Waycross, GA
    Posts
    7,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...federal-court/

    Trump's DoJ has taken an interesting new position: The Judicial branch has no role in resolving disputes between the Executive and Legislative branches.

    Which is odd, since that's in-part why it was created as a co-equal branch to deal with issues between the two.

    Trump's thoroughly partisan and politicized DoJ continues to de-facto argue for blanket immunity that functionally grants the president near emperor status.
    I would love for one of these judges to tell the DoJ that their role doesn't involve being Trump's personal lawyers.

  6. #11906
    I'm afraid that Barr and company (all those not in the DoJ) would only paraphrase; They've made their decision; now let see them try to enforce it
    Acquittal doesn't mean exoneration


  7. #11907
    It’s neither, but I’m really not here to state into the Nietzsheab abyss of the Internet left, that quotes and cites things that don’t mean or say what they think, and have subject matter expertise in absolutely nothing. I’m here for (figuratively speaking) the ratio. And the schadenfreude if I’m being honest. I get tickled to no end watching Pelosi sit on articles she never wanted to pursue because of the political damage this might do trying to win the Twitter vote, all while pretending she has leverage on the Senate, which is under no pressure whatsoever to indulge her.

    Infracted - Trolling
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2020-01-03 at 09:23 PM.

  8. #11908
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    It’s neither, but I’m really not here to state into the Nietzsheab abyss of the Internet left, that quotes and cites things that don’t mean or say what they think, and have subject matter expertise in absolutely nothing. I’m here for (figuratively speaking) the ratio. And the schadenfreude if I’m being honest. I get tickled to no end watching Pelosi sit on articles she never wanted to pursue because of the political damage this might do trying to win the Twitter vote, all while pretending she has leverage on the Senate, which is under no pressure whatsoever to indulge her.
    hmm...that's so cute that you think Pelosi is leveraging McConnell or the Senate as a whole.
    Acquittal doesn't mean exoneration


  9. #11909
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    You are either lying or uninformed.


    You can dispute statements but don't call others liar
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Could be both.
    So calling someone out for being a liar is now a rule violation?

    Is this where we've gotten with this forum that we punish folks for calling out intentional falsehoods?

    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

  10. #11910
    The Insane Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    18,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    So calling someone out for being a liar is now a rule violation?

    Is this where we've gotten with this forum that we punish folks for calling out intentional falsehoods?
    Well considering I have confirmation from a super mod that flat out lying is ok. This doesn't surprise me.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.

  11. #11911
    The Insane Masark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    16,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    So calling someone out for being a liar is now a rule violation?

    Is this where we've gotten with this forum that we punish folks for calling out intentional falsehoods?
    Yes. I got banned for that back in November.

    Oh, and the appeal of that infraction was rejected, in case you were hoping it was just one moderator with that opinion.

    Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

  12. #11912
    So what are we supposed to say when someone tries to drown us in a river of bullshit? I'd like to know what the mods deem to be an acceptable response.
    Last edited by Thwart; 2020-01-04 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Infracted for forbidden topics
    /s

  13. #11913
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    You are either lying or uninformed.


    You can dispute statements but don't call others liar
    @Thwart

    If they are lying, then you have to say they are lying. Otherwise, how else do you say they go about it?

    Because, if something is factually untrue, then it is, by definition a lie. Whether the other person actually believes it or not.

    So what do you say that can be done about something when another person lies? Because pretending it isn't a lie makes things worse.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  14. #11914
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    61,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    @Thwart

    If they are lying, then you have to say they are lying. Otherwise, how else do you say they go about it?

    Because, if something is factually untrue, then it is, by definition a lie. Whether the other person actually believes it or not.

    So what do you say that can be done about something when another person lies? Because pretending it isn't a lie makes things worse.
    When I was a mod, I pushed for moderation to take a more forward stance on obviously dishonest stuff, at one point. It would still have been held to the same group consensus standard as any infraction, so not just one mod on a crusade. It didn't find a lot of support; the counter-argument was that they expected users to point out that kind of thing, and it shouldn't be mod-actionable. Which I understand; I'm not saying I was Right and the mod team's position is Wrong, here, at all.

    Okay, fine. Fair enough. But that means users need to be able to call out liars as liars. If the mods want users to quiet down about this stuff, they need to pick up that slack with infractions. Otherwise, we users need to be able to call out dishonesty when we see it. If we can't, then the rules are set up to protect liars and manipulators, and prevent the community from exposing them and calling them out for their poor conduct. If you expect the community to regulate itself in this, you need to let the community do so, not step on their necks when they try. Without that, the community isn't allowed to self-regulate, and the mod team is protecting the bad faith posters from the rest of the community, without taking action against those bad faith posters themselves.

    That's not tenable.
    Last edited by Endus; 2020-01-04 at 01:24 AM.

  15. #11915
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/03/u....co/O0KYbpZUWc

    The Trump administration disclosed on Friday that there were 20 emails between a top aide to President Trump’s acting chief of staff and a colleague at the White House’s Office of Management and Budget discussing the freeze of a congressionally mandated military aid package for Ukraine.

    But in response to a court order that it swiftly process those pages in response to a Freedom of Information Act, or FOIA, lawsuit filed by The New York Times, the Office of Management and Budget delivered a terse letter saying it would not turn over any of the 40 pages of emails — not even with redactions.

    “All 20 documents are being withheld in full,” wrote Dionne Hardy, the office’s Freedom of Information Act officer.

    The Times’s information act request sought email messages between Robert Blair, a top aide to Mr. Trump’s acting chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney, and Michael Duffey, an official in the White House’s Office of Management and Budget who was in charge of handling the process for releasing $391 million in weapons and security assistance Congress had appropriated to help Ukraine resist Russian aggression.

    In her letter, Ms. Hardy cited exemptions to the Freedom of Information Act for correspondence involving the president’s staff and internal policy deliberations, suggesting that the disclosure of this material would “inhibit the frank and candid exchange of views that is necessary for effective government decision-making.”
    So, what are they hiding?

  16. #11916
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    hmm...that's so cute that you think Pelosi is leveraging McConnell or the Senate as a whole.
    She has no leverage whatsoever. She's threatening McConnell with a good time.

  17. #11917
    Bloodsail Admiral masterhorus8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    You are either lying or uninformed.


    You can dispute statements but don't call others liar
    @Thwart Your skin is just as thin as trumps. No wonder you support him so much.
    Interested in joining Star Citizen? https://robertsspaceindustries.com/e...STAR-4NBQ-QV6X Get $5 of in game credits when enlisting with that link!

    And if you want to make a complaint about my sig, then too bad. You'll likely be on my ignore list with the 2 other idiots anyways.

  18. #11918
    I am Murloc! Thwart's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    5,143
    I'll make this one statement after which this discussion is over in this thread.

    Refute the the lie, don't just say it's a lie/call someone a liar - that's just calling names.

  19. #11919
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    I'll make this one statement after which this discussion is over in this thread.

    Refute the the lie, don't just say it's a lie/call someone a liar - that's just calling names.
    If its been refuted multiple times and keeps being repeated by the same actors, then what? Because they don't get infracted for knowingly repeating false statements, which is the very definition of a lie.

    It isn't calling names, it calling a lie a lie. Whether the person knows it or not, what they said is a lie.
    Last edited by Thwart; 2020-01-04 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Infracted for forbidden topics - Don't ignore mod warnings
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  20. #11920
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    I'll make this one statement after which this discussion is over in this thread.

    Refute the the lie, don't just say it's a lie/call someone a liar - that's just calling names.
    As @Fugus already stated, it has been refuted multiple times, yet people like you, Stormdash and other Trump supporters keep saying such ridiculous things.
    Last edited by Thwart; 2020-01-04 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Infracted for forbidden topics - Don't ignore mod warnings

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •