Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    I'm fairly certain Trump have broken many laws for most of his adult life, at least his legal disputes records and settlements show that. How many cases are paid off before the courts, silenced or worse we can only speculate on.
    Well, we know he paid off one of his staff who was speaking today... Pam Bondi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Ok. What are people's thoughts on how this Bolton thing unfolded with this kind of timing, like a fucking poison cloud over the defense today. I mean, everyone's being super careful with how they're wording denials and accusations, but what's everyone's best guess on who really leaked it?
    I think Bolton is a piece of shit that is going out of his way through these actions to demonstrate that as much as he hates Trump, he has more contempt for Democrats/liberals/etc. because he hasn't forgiven them for calling him out as the warmongering piece of trash he fundamentally is.

So it wouldn't surprise me if this were actually Bolton trolling both sides. Or it could just be a neat coincidence - it's not like the Trump administration has to go out of its way to fuck up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

White House allies say Trump lawyers bungled defense

One Republican operative who advises the White House said he was “flabbergasted at how stupidly they have handled this.”

The disclosure in the New York Times Sunday night directly contradicts the arguments of the president’s lawyers, who said in their brief that this is “the central fact in this case.” Bolton, Trump’s former security adviser, has written in his forthcoming memoir about having just such a conversation with the president last August.

“This just completely washes away Purpura’s whole argument,” the White House adviser said. “WTF. He misled the Senate.”

The Republican who advises the White House predicted there now may be no way for the White House to prevent Bolton from testifying. The adviser said the cardinal sin by the president's lawyers was not finding out what was in Bolton's book and addressing it in their opening remarks on Saturday.

Another Republican operative who speaks regularly with the White House said the upshot of Bolton’s revelations will be to increase momentum toward calls for him to testify.

“I think it pushes at least four GOP senators to vote to call witnesses. They were soft before this little bombshell,” the Republican operative said.

There are 47 Democrats in the Senate. Together with at least four Republicans, they would make up a majority.

On the question of why the president’s lawyers relied so heavily on the absence of a firsthand account tying the president to the pressure on Ukraine, this operative said: “They all represent a serial liar. [You] never know what is really going on. This is how he ran his businesses.”

-------------------------

If Bolton wants to make history, he can easily go down as the man that delivered the testimony that saw a president removed from office for the first time ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I think Bolton is a piece of shit that is going out of his way through these actions to demonstrate that as much as he hates Trump, he has more contempt for Democrats/liberals/etc. because he hasn't forgiven them for calling him out as the warmongering piece of trash he fundamentally is.

So it wouldn't surprise me if this were actually Bolton trolling both sides. Or it could just be a neat coincidence - it's not like the Trump administration has to go out of its way to fuck up.
    Bolton doesn't seem to have any real love for Trump, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was all part of his vindictive plans after leaving the administration.

He's hoping for a nice little PR bump off this, but it ain't happening. He has been, and will always be, human garbage. He's just human garbage that doesn't flagrantly violate the law and, unfortunately for Trump, human garbage that leaves copious paper trails.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Conducting a thorough investigation takes time...several years for both Nixon and Clinton. Cutting corners in a 'rush to impeach' completely undermines the credibility of the process and makes it look like a politically motivated witch hunt.
    Oh so now investigations take time. Before they had to go as quick as possible because you hated the Democrats even talking about impeachment, but now it's all about time when it helps your argument. Well that's fucking weird.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Texasrules2 View Post
    -snip-
    "Unlike you liberal snowflakes, I am not so easily triggered..."
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-01-27 at 11:55 PM.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

-snip-
    Awe is baby gonna cry ;_;

(I'll take my nono points)

10+ Year Old Account
    -snip-
    Lmao, imagine being so fucking mad you create an alt account to whine.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    It has perhaps something to do that since 2016 you have been blabbering about impeachment , perhaps it has something to do that every single piece of information acquired by the democrats has been used to slander Trump, perhaps it has something to do you that the democrats been using sham investigations to undermine his presidency and the 2016 election. The democrats simply need to use the tools given to them and stop the incessant whining how things are so unfair.
    That's because the Truth only hurts Trump, which is why it appears the Democrats use it to slander Trump. The fact is, all Truth typically slanders Trump.

The Department of Justice advised McGahn not to testify while it appeals the court decision. You certainly know this.
    Gotta protect Trump at all costs after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Bolton doesn't seem to have any real love for Trump, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was all part of his vindictive plans after leaving the administration.

He's hoping for a nice little PR bump off this, but it ain't happening. He has been, and will always be, human garbage. He's just human garbage that doesn't flagrantly violate the law and, unfortunately for Trump, human garbage that leaves copious paper trails.
    Given that Bolton's always struck me as the sort of person who definitely holds petty grudges (see: Iran), this could very easily be the case.

-snip-
    Don't get so upset when you are caught doing something you deny, and maybe you won't get banned next time.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-01-27 at 11:54 PM.

Trump would be nightmare on the stand....as he and the truth have a rather promiscuous relationship.
    In the same way a vampire and walking into a church has a promiscuous relationship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Ok. What are people's thoughts on how this Bolton thing unfolded with this kind of timing, like a fucking poison cloud over the defense today. I mean, everyone's being super careful with how they're wording denials and accusations, but what's everyone's best guess on who really leaked it?
    I think it would have been more useful if it had come out during the House Managers' turn at bat, so that they could emphasize the importance of it. Or, hell, during the impeachment inquiry. But we can't always get what we want.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

You know it's not going to go that way in the Senate. Unlike in the House, there will be a much more "balanced" perspective represented.
    The only balance is that Trump did something illegal and there's no other way to interoperate it unless you're trying to be ignorant on purpose.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    -snip-
    Wow. This is some Team-Trump-level-own-goaling.

Good luck with understanding what's actually going with the Impeachment! You seem to have a long road ahead of you.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-01-27 at 11:54 PM.

-snip-
    The ppl you are talking about eho do not care for you. They in fact hate and wish harm upon you. You won't get any understanding from them as you being upset is their desire, it's what they all want.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-01-28 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Minor Trolling
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    The only balance is that Trump did something illegal and there's no other way to interoperate it unless you're trying to be ignorant on purpose.
    Doc meant "balanced" in a Woke Independent way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    The ppl you are talking about eho do not care for you. They in fact hate and wish harm upon you. You won't get any understanding from them as you being upset is their desire, it's what they all want.
    Fucking source for that, please.

Don't project your own feelings onto others.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I have to apologize. I didn't realize the depth of your ignorance in this matter. If I had know that you have literally no clue as to what is actually going on in this Impeachment process, I would have started out my comments on a MUCH more basic level.

(see especially that first link where it explains how the Impeachment Process isn't a court of law)

When you're learned-up come on back and you can join the discussion. You're going to be amazed at what's going on in the Senate Impeachment Trial of Donald Trump.
    Of course its not a court of law. if it was every single democrat would be sanctioned by now. but why do you call it a crime?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    How about Trump on live television admitting to the crimes?

You Trumpkins are beyond adorable in forgetting even the basic facts of reality.
    Oh yes! to give legitimacy to this sham of an impeachment . So you and a whole slew of left-wingers are desperate trying to convince yourself that trump has committed a crime despite having no evidence what so ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Trump supporters are so, so desperate to be victims.

I suspect it's because they see formerly disenfranchised minorities getting attention and assume that because the narrative isn't focused on them, they must have it bad as the people they've been oppressing for centuries.