Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    It's a crying shame that their Trump/Russia conspiracy theory didn't pan out. Now they have to settle for less...much, much less.
    Yeah, too bad it isn't a conspiracy theory, there is at least 2 instances of Trump and his campaign colluding with Russians during the 2016 campaign. You haven't read the Mueller report have you?

Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    And? Is he wrong? I mean there have been attempts at attacks sure, there are several every year, but they usually just amount to vandalism or minor damage to a wall or guardhouse. Can you name a single attack on an embassy during Obama's presidency where Americans died or were seriously injured?
    ...Benghazi. But that was thoroughly investigated and confirmed that there was no error on the part of the Obama administration or the State Department.

But, despite Republican attempts to blame Obama, their 6 investigations found that there was no wrongdoing on the part of the administration, the State Department, or the CIA, who all responded appropriately. However, it does to back to the additional security funding that was requested for the embassy that House Republicans objected to prior to the attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    ...Benghazi. But that was thoroughly investigated and confirmed that there was no error on the part of the Obama administration or the State Department.

But, despite Republican attempts to blame Obama, their 6 investigations found that there was no wrongdoing on the part of the administration, the State Department, or the CIA, who all responded appropriately. However, it does to back to the additional security funding that was requested for the embassy that House Republicans objected to prior to the attack.
    Wasn't there 11 total investigations into Benghazi?
    Expansion leak claiming Legion is the last expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    NO it will be me laughing at how you doubted this....
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    I was right

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Looks like from Wikipedia, at least 10. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invest...enghazi_attack

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Hmm why would Russians want to hack into Burisma.?
    You beat me to it. But more info is available here.

Also: there aren't enough votes to handwave impeachment. Shout-out to @Shadowferal for a similar post. This is what a razor-thin majority does.

No-one is above the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    There were more, yes, but there were 6 repeated Republican investigations when the non-partisan ones, and their earlier ones, kept failing to turn up any evidence of wrongdoing that they desperately wanted to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    But the point is that there was no "Trump/Russia Conspiracy" as it was well understood by the media and the public for 2 years, and invoking the convictions for crimes completely unrelated to the substance of that as evidence that it was there after all is disingenuous to say the least. It's almost a motte and bailey routine where the argument is made that there was a Trump Russia conspiracy, and if anyone objects, they retreat to the motte of completely unrelated crimes and events.
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...on-obstruction

The first half of the Mueller report concludes that “the Russian government interfered in the 2016 presidential election in sweeping and systematic fashion,” that it did so on Trump’s behalf, and that the Trump campaign “expected it would benefit” from Russia’s intervention. The report also shows that the Trump organization was in negotiations to build a Trump hotel in Moscow through 2016, and that people in Trump’s orbit appeared to have advance warning of the emails hacked from the Democratic National Committee and the Clinton campaign.

What the report does not establish is explicit coordination between the Trump campaign and Russia. There is no smoking gun where a Trump confidant asks Russian operatives to hack Clinton’s emails — well, aside from the time Trump asked Putin to do so in public — or advises them on when to release them.

Trump received help from the Russians, welcomed that help, and arguably rewarded Russia for that help, but Mueller does not present evidence that Trump or any of his associates helped Russia help him.
    There's plenty of evidence of his collusion, just not enough to prove conspiracy in the legal sense. We've gone through this routine with you plenty of times in the Mueller thread and your BS still isn't any less BS. The reason we have an impeachment now instead of then is the smoking gun Trump handed over along with enough witness testimony to prove his illegal acts.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Uh, yeah. The US Embassy in Libya at Benghazi. 4 Americans died, including our Ambassador. It is like the only foreign policy event of the Obama Administration that they do know.
    There is no US embassy in Benghazi Libya. There was an attack, the US Ambassador to Libya did die (at the hospital, after being transported there by the protesters). But all of this didn't happen at the US Libyan embassy (which is in Tripoli). Again, there was no major attack on a US embassy from 2008 to 2016, so the statement holds true.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    But, if he's going to help Trump, why would Mitch not let him testify? Why does Trump not want him to talk? That kills a major democrat talking point, and kills the scandal of mitch burying this.
    Because if Mitch let's one person testify he has to open it up to everyone that means Mulvaney, Mnuchin, Pompeo. Trump has all this time been claiming absolute immunity his lawyers are arguing that he is above the law and everything he says is beyond investigation can't let anyone in his inner circle break that.

There is no US embassy in Benghazi Libya. There was an attack, the US Ambassador to Libya did die (at the hospital, after being transported there by the protesters). But all of this didn't happen at the US Libyan embassy (which is in Tripoli). Again, there was no major attack on a US embassy from 2008 to 2016, so the statement holds true.
    Diplomatic compound*

You're right, but I fear this is splitting hairs over minutia.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    on ABC this weekend, Pelosi said that "We have confidence in our case." , yet Shumer keeps whining about wanting more witnesses and what does the President have to hide. It's a real united front of hypocrisy that knows no bounds.
    The fact that you think those two things are hypocritical demonstrate how out of touch you are with the facts of the situation.
    No one is above the law!

Yeah it's pretty clear what they were searching for, and doubt they'll find anything. Sorry not gonna work this time.
    Why do you think they want to find anything? Why can't they want to plant things for others to "find"?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Because if Mitch let's one person testify he has to open it up to everyone that means Mulvaney, Mnuchin, Pompeo. Trump has all this time been claiming absolute immunity his lawyers are arguing that he is above the law and everything he says is beyond investigation can't let anyone in his inner circle break that.
    Exactly. And once those people start testifying, even with Moscow Mitch making it as unfavorable an environment as possible, people will see more of the truth.
    No one is above the law!

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Why do you think they want to find anything? Why can't they want to plant things for others to "find"?
    My thought exactly.
    Give them something...suspicious.
    Acquittal doesn't mean exoneration

I suppose they could put a deepfake in but that'd be easily debunked.

I suppose they could put a deepfake in but that'd be easily debunked.
    So can better than 99% of what trump supporters believe. I note that those debunkings haven't made any significant progress on them.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Now that is just quibbling. It was an attack on embassy personnel in US diplomatic compounds, and the ambassador was killed. I count the attacks in Herat as attacks on an Embassy too, even though the actual embassy there is in Kabul.
    "I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for that meddling ANTIFA!" - Adolf Hitler
    "I really wish Ghostpanther would stop misquoting me" - Abraham Lincoln

So can better than 99% of what trump supporters believe. I note that those debunkings haven't made any significant progress on them.
    True, but they don't need to put anything in there at all and 99% of these trump supporters still believe this crap.

You know, now that I think about it, Republican and Democrat responses to the conclusion of the investigation into Benghazi and Trump/Russia, respectively, are quite similar.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2020-01-14 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    You know, now that I think about it, Republican and Democrat responses to Benghazi and Trump/Russia, respectively, are quite similar.
    This is incorrect. The Democrats response to Trump/Russia was to allow Mueller to do his job then they had him testify to clear up misconceptions Barr created with regards to the report. There were multiple indictments, guilty pleas, and jail sentences as a result. The investigation also paid for itself through confiscated funds/property. Republicans created a conspiracy theory and had seemingly endless investigations into it that produced nothing but a lot of bills for the tax payer.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.