Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I'm wondering if my posts were invisible? I literally quoted the most damning parts about Trump and Russia in the Mueller report, several times, and I'm just getting ignored while he keeps ranting at other people to "show me the evidence!"
    Trump supporter =

No proof...no evidence...no collusion...EXONERATION!11

That's why I don't waste my time. If it did matter...it doesn't. To them.
    Acquittal doesn't mean exoneration

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    GOP senators expect impeachment trial to go past State of the Union

The State of the Union address to be renamed; State of Trump's Mind address...
    Lol he will be going nuts. That SOTU address ought to be hysterical/frightening.
    No one is above the law!

Trump supporter =

No proof...no evidence...no collusion...EXONERATION!11

That's why I don't waste my time. If it did matter...it doesn't. To them.
    Shrodinger’s evidence, if you don’t look at it, then it both exists and doesn’t exist; therefore Trump could be exonerated and not exonerated.

McConnell is indicating that he will likely allow BOTH sides to call witnesses. What a novel concept!
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    McConnell is indicating that he will likely allow BOTH sides to call witnesses. What a novel concept!
    "If you don't let us call unrelated witness Hunter Biden in, whose investigation should be handled by the DoJ if we were being honest, WE WON'T LET YOU BRING IN ACTUAL MATERIAL WITNESSES LIKE MULVANEY! WE NEED OUR PROPAGANDA!"

Because let's be honest, Hunter and Joe Biden are completely irrelevant in this affair, no matter how much the Republican party and Trump administration pushes that nonsense. If there were legs to that "theory", the DoJ it the appropriate agency to handle an investigation and that investigation should have begun long ago.

But it's not, so here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Then sadly, I guess I'm not qualified to answer it, as I'm not a "trump superfan who is buttrustled about Dems refusing to actually impeach".

I find the entire impeachment circus quite amusing, and Pelosi pointlessly dragging it out into infinity and beyond one of the most entertaining parts. It's so nakedly partisan that I can't help but cheer for her, like the Democrat congressmen were cheering when she announced the vote had passed.
    Pelosi's actions are partisan? McConnell's isn;t?
    M.A.A.A. Make America Adult Again

As the House did.

And?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    As the House did.
    And?
    The GOP's "friendly" witnesses turned against them. So naturally rather than admit that they'd just as soon call those unfriendly witnesses "theirs" and just claim they weren't allowed to call Hunter Biden...who has zero to do with Trump.

It's amazing how out of touch you are with the reality that surrounds you. Or did you honestly not know that the GOP called witnesses in the House Impeachment?

- - - Updated - - -

The GOP's "friendly" witnesses turned against them. So naturally rather than admit that they'd just as soon call those unfriendly witnesses "theirs" and just claim they weren't allowed to call Hunter Biden...who has zero to do with Trump.
    Precisely. The false narrative the Trump/GOP spins is so contrived. Lies stacking on lies. How many different excuses did Cheeto and Co try on? And the Trumpkins just conveniently forget each time.
    No one is above the law!

Right. The only witnesses that weren't permitted to testify were about the Bidens, who had absolutely no connection to the inquiry and thus shouldn't have been called, or the whistleblower, who rightly had their anonymity protected. And had admitted they only had secondhand information, which had all been backed up by firsthand accounts from the actual witnesses; the whistleblower's relevant testimony was already on record.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Pelosi's actions are partisan? McConnell's isn;t?
    Yeah, they are both hyper-partisan and making a joke of impeachment from opposite directions.

Yeah, they are both hyper-partisan and making a joke of impeachment from opposite directions.
    Do you feel the reason for impeachment was partisan and not at all justified?
    M.A.A.A. Make America Adult Again

Again, if this was true then Pelosi should have supported impeachment efforts since the start then, no? At least since Democrats took back the House earlier this year.

But she didn't, because she knew there wasn't a case for it. Up until the Ukraine scandal, which has presented a pretty clear case for impeachment that grows stronger as additional information leaks out.

I won't pretend she's totally non-partisan, because she's not. But she's actually been pretty fair overall with this process, and withholding the articles from the Senate until they figured out rules was part of a calculated political play to pressure Republicans to allow witnesses. She hasn't remotely been as partisan as McConnell, who was openly bragging about how closely they were working with the White House and how he won't be an impartial juror.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It's amazing how out of touch you are with the reality that surrounds you. Or did you honestly not know that the GOP called witnesses in the House Impeachment?
    His/her handlers only gave him/her orders to say that Democrats denied all Republican witnesses. It doesn't matter that it is false it only matters that he/she parrots it ad-nauseam.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    As the House did.

And?
    I think people forget that the ambassador and sondland were both GOP witnesses. The fact that they agreed with it being quid pro quo and shady is why they pretend that they were called by democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Do you feel the reason for impeachment was partisan and not at all justified?
    My opinion: To justify impeachment? No, I wouldn't consider it a "high crime". Censure would have been fine though.

Sell the office to the not-so-high bidder...

My opinion:
    Literally irrelevant when discussing facts.

DocSavage, Texasrules, and many other posters have posted,

"wHaTeVeR hApPeNnEd To TrUmP rUsSiA cOnSpIrAcY?!?!?!?!!!!!!"

about 100 times now.

Each time they are given a very thorough answer about the Mueller report and what it established.

Each time they peace out and decide to stop talking about it when they are overwhelmed by the facts.

Each time, 10-30 pages later, they come back and ask the same question, AGAIN.

I realize it's important for lurkers to see the truth, but I seriously don't get how people don't tire of these shenanigans. They're constantly posting conspiracy theories about Trump when doing this, which is against the forum rules, as is the thing they are doing which is explicitly against the rules, but nobody can call it out, because THAT is also against the rules, and you can report them, but no punishment is doled because "pOlItIcAl OpInIoNs"

At this point, aren't "wHaTeVeR hApPeNnEd To TrUmP rUsSiA cOnSpIrAcY?!?!?!?!!!!!!" posts just off topic at this point? Serious question. I realize Trump's ENTIRE team having communicated heavily with Russia for aid is tangentially related to impeachment, but in the context of just straight up denying anything happened simply because Trump was not removed over it (and thus, in their minds, is completely innocent of all crimes) it feels incredibly off-topic.
    "Nazis are like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them." -John Oliver
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Knadra finally just admitting Trumpkins care more about political victories than morals.

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/...15352754577409

UHHHHH.....am I reading this right? Because to me, this looks like Trump's personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, hired shady foreign nationals to spy on a US diplomat.